Dell Technologies Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Dell Technologies Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Dell Technologies

3.2

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview and two onsite interviews.Hiring process was smooth.
Phone interview was going through the resume
Onsite interview was whiteboarding the projects i worked on explaining the design and development process

Interview Questions

• Challenges faced in software development   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dell Technologies

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in October 2014.

Interview

Half a day interview, mostly technical, programming questions, code debugging session. Three people interviewed. Last interview with the manager. On site. No phone technical screening questions. Not very hard questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview consisted of video interviews via their online platform with 5 members on the team each with 30 min. Technical questions were asked from each of the interview which ranged from software design, architecture to coding practices, high level concepts, databases, multithreading topics and more.

The process was smooth and we had some interesting discussions. There were a few unexpected questions but besides that everything else was fair game.

Interview Questions

Dell Technologies Response

10 Aug 2017 – candidate and employee experience team

Thank you for your reviews and welcome to the family.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (San Jose, CA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Two levels of interview process. about 4 hours of in person interview followed by 30 mins of phone conversation. primarily focused on coding and presentation skill. it was a group panel.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

One phone screen - difficulty level easy. If all goes well, will be called for onsite. This has four rounds = DS&Algo, Design, Multithreading, Distributed Systems and one lunch interview in the middle.

Interview Questions

• Find kth maximum in an unsorted array   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

2 Telephonic for screening
    1 HR round

Interview Questions

• 1) Windows Device Driver
      2) Windows Imaging
      3) Powershell scripting   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

It was a typical hiring process. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager, who seemed to really like me. He decided to skip the next phone interview to go straight to on-site, which was fine. The on-site was your typical interview as well. Met one-on-one with 4 engineers. I think I messed up on the first person due to nerves, so wasn't really expecting an offer. What I was expecting, however, was a response either way. Here we are, three weeks later, and nothing. I've asked for status and the only response is "we're still waiting to hear." No you aren't; they just don't care to say. I find it very unprofessional. I would avoid Dell.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of numbers, determine which numbers appear in the list an odd number of times.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in April 2015.

Interview

Can get through only with recommendations. Automated resume screening which generally rejects. My exactly same resume got me through via an employee referral which was rejected earlier. Description of the job seldom matches to what they are looking for. They mention big data etc. which was not even required for the position I was applying for.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied through Dell portal, then the recruiter called to discuss initial screening and then4 ( 3 Techincal + 1 manager ) rounds of Telephone calls. Scheduled the calls with different panels one after the other.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions of Java collections, exception handling, mongodb replication, elasticsearch ( what happens when a record is deleted?) more about the project I have done.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Phone screen, ~6 hour on-site interview with 6 people. Multiple technical interviews. Lunch interview. Final management interview. Discussions. Many technical questions. Why want to work at dell.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard programming problem. Programming assignment homework.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.