Dell Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Dell Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Dell Technologies

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interviewer is very patient and nice to introduce the daily routine and responsibility for this position and go through the resume and ask for some technologies employed in the process.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe the difference between machine learning and deep learning?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dell Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online and had an in person technical interview. Its fairly recent so I'm not going to give more details than that. Interviewer was a bit rude and they never followed up to inform me of the status of my application after an exceedingly long time. I am unsure I will ever consider re-applying here.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate knowledge of object-oriented design principles   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

same as most of companies, phone interview, then onsite, coding, whiteborad, behavior etc, nothing really special. depends on team, some teams are quick, some teams are really slow. overall is ok.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

1st phone call interview, then onsite interview. i got referred by my friend. everything is good expect for the unprofessional recruiter. i got no response, even after i send several emails to ask. feel pretty bad.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews, one with a recruiter and one with a hiring manager, then brought in for 4 in person interviews one after another. The fourth being a lunch interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my resume and 2 whiteboard problems.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

First, short phone interview with hiring manager for about 30 minutes. Discussed background and was asked a question about data structures. Next, was contacted by HR for an "interview day" at Dell EMC. Two experienced employees and four recently employed employees talked to me and a group of people who came for interview day. Then, I was interviewed by two software engineers for an hour each.

Interview Questions

• Examine the code sample, find what's wrong, what will the output be, and how should it be fixed?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was not bad. Behavioral was pretty easy to handle, and my interviewer seemed to be a pretty nice person. Technical was ok- as long as you knew what you were talking about and had a bit of relevant experience you definitely had a shot.

Interview Questions

• What packages and what languages are you most familiar with   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

1. I Applied online from the website.
    2. Received a call from them in 5 days.
    3. I was then called to visit the Dell EMC office at Santa Clara.
    4. There were 4 rounds of White board coding and 1 round of HR interview

Interview Questions

• All questions were related to the Data Structures and Algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview offered from Georgia Tech career fair; Interview was offered after recruiter looked at resume. Most interviews were offered for full-time jobs. There was one interviewer looking for interns, and this interviewer was the same as the recruiter from the career fair. Overall process was not too bad, but different from applying online.

Interview Questions

• What programming languages do you know?   2 Answers

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Invited to interview after attending speaking to a recruiter during my university career fair. I interviewed on my school's campus the following day and received an offer later that afternoon. Very quick process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your project experiences from your resume.   Answer Question