Dell Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Dell Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Dell Technologies

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

This is the first round phone interview. It began with some behavioral questions about your background and experiences and followed by an easy algorithm question. The interview Finished within 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Dell Technologies Response

27 Oct 2016 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

Congratulations and welcome to Dell!

Other Interview Reviews for Dell Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty quick, just 30 minutes. Interview was on campus. They asked about my resume, experience working in teams and why I wanted to work with them. It was two employees and both were very friendly.

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

Good process. Technical questions at the level of experience applying for. No BS attitude with transparency of project pholisophy and requirements. All of the questions related to desires for position requirements. Very comfortable interview personality wise.

Interview Questions

• For dynamically generated content, how would I solve the issue of dynamically changing data based from random choices from the user. How would I make the change with fluid transitions based from the optimum page load requirements and amount of data manipulated.   Answer Question
    • Describe version control workflow, how I have used it in the past, how I would have improved the flow.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in September 2016.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at career fair September 2016, and got an on campus interview. During the interview, was asked bunch of behavior questions and a simple coding problem. A month later, got an email saying I was rejected.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Plano, TX (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

I spoke to an internal recruiter. She was very nice, and we spoke for about 30 minutes about the opportunity at Dell. I think she thought I had less experience than I did, so the position she had in mind was not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel to work (work from home opportunities were limited)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Round Rock, TX (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial Phone interview by recruiter, then follow up technical interview. Personal Interview with the hiring manager and at least 2 technical resources. The recruiter will let you now the result after few days. Within 2 weeks you will receive an offer.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dell Technologies.

Interview

I applied on college job website and received an interview email after 3 weeks. It was on-campus interview and interviewer was the actual team manager. He asked several things on my resume and some behavioral questions. It was very easy interview. No technical questions at all.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

It is a Skype meeting and all behavior questions. In the very end I asked "It seems a lot companies ask very technical questions but why Dell do this differently?" He answered "Since the technology changing very fast, and you GPA seems fine, so we did not ask for that".

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Madison, WI (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Mainly behavioral. The interviewer asked me to code a simple program and then asked mainly about my undergraduate coursework and projects. He also asked some basic aptitude and logical questions which I answered correctly. It was a good interview but later they messaged me saying that there were no positions open as of now (which I found a bit strange).

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific. Asked me which software languages had I worked on and what courses have you taken.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in September 2015.

Interview

Very quick interview. Interviewers were nice but hard to read. I don't believe they thought I was a good candidate from the start but I currently have no idea how the interview actually went.