Dell Technologies Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Technical Support Engineer

Dell Technologies Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Dell Technologies

2.8

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies in March 2017.

Interview

I heard about the job through a current employee. Got contacted by recruiter mid April for a quick phone screen, mostly behavioral questions and what technical skills do I possess.
I was then invited to complete an online assessment to gauge my technical skills. Most questions were regarding storage, databases, networks and network troubleshooting. Two weeks after completing the online assessment I was invited to a panel interview. I did the interview and got the job offer a couple days after, a good offer :D

Overall the process was very enjoyable, believe me I have been interviewing for multiple companies for the past months. Everyone was super friendly and lay back and really want you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about RAID?
    Tell me what you know about UNIX?
    Why should we hire you, what can you bring to the table?
    Why do you want to work for Dell EMC?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dell Technologies

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Durham, NC (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone with one of the managers. The second interview was in person with 2 different interviewers where one was technical and the other interviewer was not.

Interview Questions

• What was my technical background?   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied to several Dell support engineer roles.

More than once, I got contacted by recruiters to move forward with interviews, but then I would be told the position was filled or no longer available just hours later. I find it extremely unprofessional for this to occur multiple times. Why waste my time if a position is about to be filled?

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The he posted on linkedin, i sent me resume to her she called me at the same day very sample phone interview , and sent me a confirmation mail
    For the interview
    At the company the technical interview was the first one about storage,network,os,virtualization
    Young girl and young man asked me with a very comfortable way to allow me to get the correct anther after finished they told me to stay to the function interview. The worst part the hr wasn't professional she started asking messy questions and give rude actions about the company I trained with. She asked me about shifts when i asked her is it too late she answered it just a question here , after finishing she said ok I told her did we finished she replied yes you can go. And didn't tell that if she will call me after ,,,

Interview Questions

• If you studied basics for network virtualization and os ,storage it wiill be an easy interview   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Was initially scheduled by HR and then there was a phonic interview schedule. The phonic was for around 1 hr. And i spoke to 3 people there. It was pretty good.

Interview Questions

• All about my previous experience
      all about my academic experience   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Timeline for initial communications, scheduling interviews, and getting application feedback were good. Timeline for screening, interviewing, and offer/no offer made was in line with expectations. Expectations from a job scheduling stand point were not always made clear.

Interview Questions

• the question was regards to a very specific technical specification regarding Dell equipment that is not one an interviewee would typically expect. Typically industry hardware and software topics would be expected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not a lot of negotiation room on compensation based on experience and skills. Industry standards are typically adhered to fairy strictly.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Tempe, AZ (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

All Questions asked about customer handling. such as how you calm down a customer. how you handled escalated issues. etc related to only customer case handling process questions.
    Second day got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• how you handled escalated case if customer is very angry want resolution right away.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just Got an Offer. Still thinking.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dell in July 2011

Interview Questions

• The final round started with resume walkthrough and proceeded with technical question pertaining to the position. In my case it was on Microsoft Business Intelligence (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS)   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Santa Clara, CA (US)).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, was a bit rude in the process, but company intrigued me. There was no phone screen. They called me in for an interview based on my resume. Was a very uncoordinated process and met with different individuals from different teams. There were no difficult questions, more about daily processes. Hiring manager was supposed to meet with me but bailed for another commitment and never rescheduled. I never heard back from HR either. Horribly run organization.

Dell Technologies Response

17 Nov 2014 – Candidate and Employee Experience Team

We are terribly disappointed and sorry to learn of your poor experience. Your post will be shared with our teams to further determine what we can do better in the future. Thank you for taking the

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dell Technologies (Bengaluru) in September 2016.

Interview

interview process took one full day,it consists of 5 rounds
    1)group discussion
         in the round you must introduce your self and pick a topic and speak on that topic for around 5 minutes
    2)aptitude
         This was an online aptitude test,it is completely based on data interpretation and analatical questions which was quite easy
    3)technical written round
         consists of 2 parts,1st is mcq's based on unix and linux and the second part consists of 2 scenerio's
    4)technical f2f round
         questions will be completely based on your resume,technical questions
    5)final hr round
         basic hr questions

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself is the basic question that they will ask to check your communication   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.