Deloitte Senior Consultant - Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Deloitte Senior Consultant - Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at Deloitte

3.5

Senior Consultant - Technology Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in December 2015.

Interview

1st stage interview with a senior manager - very competency-based, and technical questions in order to determine my experience and how I would react in certain situations. Also asking me to give examples from my prior job in relationship to demonstrating team-work, leading a team, current events etc

Interview Questions

• Give your through process when making a difficult decision   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Senior Consultant - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Very Organized and professional. Every detail from initial screening to the final face-to-face interviews was well arranged and communicated in advance. The company seems to be in a hiring mode and are expanding technical consulting business in recent years.

Senior Consultant - Technology Interview

Interview

On campus interviews. 2 rounds
    Behavioral & Case
    Behavioral - interviewed by principal. no nonsense guy. typical behavioral questions. Was looking for fit. 30 minutes. questions like - how did you convey a difficult message to a client, most difficult teammate you worked with etc
    Case - technology case. Followed by 3 questions. had to answer each question and move on to the next. case was about application rationalization & infrastructure consolidation. Had some elements of organization structure issues that had to be answered. 30 mins

Interview Questions

• was from the Case: what if the executive who was your project champion leaves the firm and you have to work with new people. how will you manage it?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Orlando, FL (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online ar the Deloitte career site. It took3 weeks for recruiter to call me . After initial screening setup interview in Orlando office , interview was professonal. No hard questions was a walkthrough the resume.

Negotiation

Next day recruiter called me for salary expectation , I said around 110K+ , he low balled me to 95K.
    Still negotiations going on .

Senior Consultant - Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in November 2014.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews, A case interview, Group case interview and an individual interview. It was an amazing experience. Deloitte treats its employees very nicely and takes really good care of them. It started with a nice dinner in a posh restaurant in NY and then was followed up with a networking reception. this was a really nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you could achieve things that others could not?   Answer Question

Senior Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Deloitte (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

It was a completely unfair interview. The recruiter called and did a behavioral interview right on the spot without giving me a chance to prepare myself. Then she set up two more phone interviews for the same day and the day after one of which was a case interview. Both of my interviewers were impressed with me and they both said that they would definitely suggest me for an on site interview. But after a week the recruiter called (after I sent her a message) and said they have decided to move on with other applicants and when I asked for the reason, she just said we had a lot of competitive applicants.

Senior Consultant - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

1) Forms. - standard, vetting.
    2) Telephone interview
           30 mins - competency based questions - 'tell me about a time when'
    3) Assessment Day
           I was so so nervous. Don't be. Once you're there it's a tough but enjoyable day.
    Approx group of 10 people all going for different roles potentially, make the time to get to know these people, it'll help at the end of the day.
    The day contains the same parts for everyone however not in the same order. You will get an agenda with times and suggested breaks, however they make it clear that you must manage your own time. REMEMBER TO EAT! Keep your energy up, it's a long day:
    A) 30 minute intro to the day and overview of Deloitte. You'll be given some tips for the day eg make sure you pull from past experience and expect explain why you came to a certain conclusion.
    B) case study. 1 hour to read a case study and write a presentation.
               My advice - read the last part first to see what they are after eg 'write at least 3 slides, cover two problems, draw a plan etc etc' it'll help when you read the main part of the case study, knowing what you're going to be pulling together at the end. Manage your time well here. I split it 30 mins absorb case study, 20 mins make notes & plan slides,10 minutes draw slides on flip chart.
    C) present your presentation to one of the assessors.
               You'll be taken into a side room with your presentation and asked to present it as if the assessor is the client from the case study, you have just 10 minutes- keep to that!. C) may not follow B) depending on your day agenda so keep it fresh in your mind during breaks if your presentation ends up being much later in the day. Introduce yourself, speak clearly, there will be a clock so be mindful of how long you are spending on each slide, and at the end don't forget a short summary or wrap up.
               You'll then get some questions for 20 mins on your slides. These were pleasant enough - how would that team run, how did you come to that conclusion.
                The final 15-30 minutes are competency based questions 'tell me about a time when' 'why Deloitte'
                ASK QUESTIONS. I was interested here to hear about what sort of projects this individual had been on, and what Deloitte community is like.
    Mine overran and then impacted time for a break, watch out for this, but still remember to have time to recharge.
    D) Written Excercise - a case study and slide deck to read.
                 Once read, write a summary on two sides of A4 that can be sent to the management team outlined in the case study. Look out for things that are sensitive and should not be shared in your summary. From what I could gather it's about your grammar, ability to form sentences and spelling. Don't worry about your handwriting however I did split my hour into three and gave myself time to rewrite it neatly. No questions on this, you just give this back at the end of the day for marking.
    E) Director led interview. 1:1 1 hour
                This was an enjoyable part of the day, no case study etc just a traditional interview. The person who interviewed me was so friendly, asked some great questions that led to discussions on technology rather than scripted interview answers. It felt like a natural conversation in parts. Expect to be asked again - why Deloitte, why consulting. Expect to explain your CV, make it engaging. There may be some questions here that are looking to see your understanding of the business and its market place, so do some prep beforehand, the website is a great place to start but check out the Twitter and you tube channels, and have an idea of why you chose Deloitte and not any of the other top 4.
    F) Group challenge - this is a good laugh, and if you've spent time chatting to the others in the group it makes it easier. You're not fighting for the same role.
             10 minutes to read a fun fictions case study on a community of people that are in dire straights. List of 10 things that would help to fix their economy. You have to apply 1 every month, order these 10 in your preference. Think about a few reasons why you've chosen some either in the top or bottom 5
              35 minutes to then, as a group in front of a few assessors watching, choose the order, aim is to get 3 of your top 5 in the group top 5. Few options here, you could be the leader with the board and pen, you could keep time, you should definitely make sure if some one is quiet to encourage them to speak. As there is some logic in the order of the list you'll find quite a few people will have similar in their top 5 so don't panic about this becoming a battle to win. Have fun, provide some reasons to the team to show you're pitching the case for one of yours in the top 5. Be friendly. Don't shout. Make sure you speak. Listen and compromise. Usual group exercise stuff.

It was a fantastic opportunity and one I am glad I have had the opportunity to experience.

Senior Consultant - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheltenham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (Cheltenham, England (UK)).

Interview

An initial 1-to-1 interview which went promisingly. Was asked to attend an assessment in Central London which tested individual and group skills and lasted a full day. Was asked to attend a second interview.

Senior Consultant - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Deloitte (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

Step 1:
    The Human Resources consultant communicated with me through linked-in and I received an email asking for my last updated CV.
    I arrived 20 minutes earlier at their office I noticed that people are friendly and they seem to enjoy their time at work.

Step 2:
    The HR interview was great, the interviewer was pleasant with great personality, Normal interview questions nothing complicated.

Step 3:
    Psychometric online exam; the exam was not this hard but there is no enough time to complete all the questions specially the math part so so limited time there is no chance to go back to any question to review or change your answer.
    My advise be very very fast and accurate.

There is where I got so far my next step will be second interview, Hoping it's good as the first interview.

Wish me luck :) cheers!

Senior Consultant - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Interview

Well structured. After an initial phone screening with the recruiter, I was booked for a f2f interview with a Manager. It was a competency based interview and the interviewer probed my experience in depth. the next and final round was the assessment center. this was a full day affair and consisted of a group exercise, case study and presentation and 2 further rounds of interview including one with the service line partner. the interviews were behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• tricky ques - situation about a time when a client pushed a requirement/proposal which was against the firm's interests.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.