Deloitte Technology Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Technology Consultant

Deloitte Technology Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Deloitte

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (Camp Hill, PA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Core Java, Spring, Hibernate, Telephone Interview, Basic Questions based on Background like challenges faced,technological preferences, Multi threading, J2EE, Session Management, JDBC, Transactions, AOP, Messaging,Database. Performance & Scalability.HTML, Jquery, CSS, Bootstrap

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was good if you know basic Java,Spring

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte (McLean, VA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got call from recruiter after around 2 months. Got 1 phone technical screening, then 1 face to face interview in their McLean VA office. I got offer on Tuesday and after 15-16 days I got my written offer letter. My joining date was Feb 15, but they asked me to not to put on papers with my current employer yet. Now today they informed me that my joining date is being pushed to June now.
    They are saying its been done for whole practice, but I dont see any such evidences. Not sure what is going on there. Now I am worried after accepting their offer.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Onsite interview at a job fair. Managers are the interviewers. First, I met with a Greater. Be sure to treat them nice. She led me to two 30 mins interviews back to back. Had a 10 mins break in between. The interview was kind of intense. They were all behavioral in nature. After the interview, we were free to go. We were also invited to a breakfast the next day morning.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself   1 Answer

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone screening, technology recruiter, then panel with case study. The panel had a manager, a senior manager and a a director from the department (service line) in which I would be working. The interview assesses the thought process rather than. Looking for right/wrong answers.

Interview Questions

• What are the benefits of a mobile app for a bank? How would you sell it to the bank executives in 30 seconds? How would you implement it?   1 Answer

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

First was an HR phone screening interview. This was followed by a phone interview round consisting of 1 behavioral & 1 case study. Final round was onsite and it also consisted of 1 behavioral & 1 case study.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions. Review the sample case study questions on the Deloitte website. Case studies were very similar to those.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiter said they don't negotiate, so I didn't push for anything, but I was already very happy with the amount offered so I didn't feel the need to.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Arlington, VA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume to a recruiter. Then about a month later a different recruiter called me and I had an initial phone interview. I was then invited to a in person interview later that week. The in person interview was three 30 minute interviews. Two were with senior consultants/manager and the third was with a principal. My recruiter called me later that day to tell me I got the job. I interviewed on Thursday, and I received my written offer Monday morning.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter.
    Had an initial phone conversation with the HR where she asked about my background, skills, current role, compensation etc. Took about two weeks for the phone screen with a Senior Manager. The phone interview went well, lasted for 30 minutes - mostly questions around my skill set, roles, experience.

I was given three options for the next round of interviews at an onsite Deloitte location - opted for one closer to my base location. The onsite interview consisted of three rounds - first one was behavioral with a Director, second was technology oriented was with s specialist and third was a case interview.
    The first interview went very well for me, mostly conversational and a pleasant one. The key is to be relaxed and to have an honest conversation without trying too hard.

The second round was a bit tough as I was asked questions outside my area of expertise but I guess that is not unexpected. I tried to answer the questions best I could and the ones I had no clue about I just responded saying I don't know instead of beating around and wasting time.

The case interview was with a wonderful lady who was very pleasant and at once made you feel comfortable. The case was about a real estate company who owned several housing properties but did not have a consolidated system to store its property and renter information. The answer was a combination of master data management and data warehousing solution. The interviewer helped me throughout the process prompting and dropping hints. The key is not to give the perfect solution but to be able to understand the problem, work on an approach and grasp the hints that are passed on.

I felt the interviews went okay, although I could have done better so I was pleasantly surprised to hear back from the HR confirming the offer. I guess staying positive and being confident helped my case.
    There was a delay in getting the offer letter though - took almost 3 weeks. Currently in the new hire on-boarding process, visa transfer etc. so it is going to be a while before I can join. The on-boarding process in my opinion is a drag and does get frustrating at times.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral - How do you manage your personal and professional time? Why Deloitte?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since my interviews weren't as great so I did not feel negotiation would help my case, was just glad to land the offer.

Technology Consultant Interview

Interview

Started with a phone screen. Then they brought me in for 3 in person interviews in one day. One technical, one behavioral, and I can't remember the last one. Each interview was with a different person, depending on the role you were interviewing for. There were others there with you interviewing for the same role.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosslyn, VA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Rosslyn, VA (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

Initially, I was brought on as a contractor when they could not expedite the hiring process to accomodate project timelines. Upon hire, it was the traditional corporate methodology: submit resume, assigned an HR rep, phone interview(s) with project staff (if project assigned), in-person interview with 3 senior members of staff in the hiring service line (brought in for back-to-back 15 minute interviews), negotiate through HR rep, sign the dotted line.

Interview Questions

• The interview was not difficult, but this may very depending on who you are interviewing with. The business case is a little ambiguous, but they're not looking for a solution, just insight into your thought process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was only able to negotiate $3k above the initial offer even with Senior Managers calling HR upset at the offer. This was less that the amount I made as a contractor.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Washington, DC (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied through campus, 1 case and 1 behavior interview, both in 30 minutes. But I feel they were looking for someone familiar with certain technologies and pre-consulting exp. Got a call one week after to tell me I am rejected. Personally, I would prefer an email rejection than phone call.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.