Directive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 7 May 2019

2.4

Sort:

SEO Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Directive in June 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with the Executive Culture Curator. Who I think is really the Office Manager. But she was sweet and appeared solid at her job. After the phone interview I was invited in for the in-person interview with Garrett.

Once there I learned that the Glassdoor information was true. You have to provide your own laptop for work. Which out of every company I have ever worked for or interview with, has never ever been the case. Hopefully you have a decent laptop so you can handle working there.

They also have no healthcare benefits whatsoever. Garrett said they are working on that for later. He said "I'd rather not do it than do it wrong," and gave a wink. Okay...But they do have Ducks season tickets so that's cool. Maybe I'm old fashion but I rather have health, dental, and vision, then hockey tickets. I love the Ducks and all but I will always take health over hockey.

The office was small but very nice. They were able to squeeze about 15 people in there. Overall the company looks like it is headed in a good direction. May be an ideal place to get your feet wet and then bounce after a year or so.

In the end I didn't receive an offer, which is fine. I am pretty sure Garrett knew he wouldn't be able to afford me since my asking price would be high because of the lack of healthcare benefits.

HR Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Directive.

Interview

I was invited to the office for a very quick first interview, and was in and out in 10 minutes. The COO seemed nice, but was a little difficult to connect with / seemed a little disconnected from the conversation. It seems like a great place to work, but definitely a "young" persons company.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Directive (Costa Mesa, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Very simple interview. One solo with the CEO and then a group interview with the VPs. The interview was very conversational and causal but focused on past experience and viewpoints on marketing.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a past marketing campaign that you have lead and what you would do differently.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Directive.

Interview

I was brought in for my initial interview to meet with the CEO and the head of the content team I would be working with. After a while discussing my latest interviews within the field and my work portfolio, a few other employees were brought in to meet me and gage my personality. After everyone had met and chewed the fat for a while, we discussed salary and job requirements and shook hands. I received the job offer later that day.

Interview Questions

• We hire here on personality not just qualifications - forget about the work for a second, what do you like to do when you're not working?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Directive (Irvine, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by the director of marketing, who had seen my resume online, to come in for an interview as soon as possible. It ended up being the next day. The office was in a nice area, kind of small, but it had a pool table and employees looked like they were having fun. There was no receptionist at the front desk, but there was a sign that told visitors to wait on the couch. The interviewer came and greeted me right at my interview time. Basic interview asking about my experience, what I know about the company, etc. The interview lasted 20ish minutes. Sent my thank you email that day. They had mentioned they wanted an intern to start as early as the following week. When their decision deadline had passed, I sent a follow-up email, but I never received any contact back.

SEO Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Directive (Irvine, CA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

It was straight forward and smooth. Both interviews were productive. I was able to talk about my background and skills. I was also able to ask questions about the company, expectations and in the end transparency was essential.

Interview Questions

• What's your background with SEO?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Directive (Irvine, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Was not too bad. Easy interview and quick process. I did not worry about it and iI am glad i did not. It was not too bad as i said.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Directive   1 Answer

Graphic Design(Paid) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Directive (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

It was fairly casual. Done via video. I really felt at ease talking to her about my prior experience. She seemed very open and willing to inform me a bit more about the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.