Disney Parks Character Performer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Disney Parks Character Performer Interview Questions

Interviews at Disney Parks

2.0

Character Performer Interview

Interview

They were really nice. I learned a lot. They are looking for serious people who can animate well and meet people. You have to socialize and to the other candidates that are in the room to show you're comfortable meeting people in the parks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Disney Parks

Character Performer Interview

Interview

Easy questions and just look professional and that you are eager to get the job. Answer the questions with complete answers and ask any questions that you might have. Show up a few minutes early and don't be preoccupied with anything else. Put your phone away and don't even look at it until you leave the building.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to work with a team or group of people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Disney Parks (Orlando, FL (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

A phone “interview”
    My phone interview only truly asked when I was available to accept a contract with the company. And to inform me to make an appointment to take a drug test within 48 hours.

Character Performer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disney Parks (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The 1st interview took place at my school, where I had to perform a sing right in front of two recruits. The 2nd interview took place online, a neatly hour long structured questionnaire asking about my skills, passions, work experience, and where I felt I would fit in Disney. Afterwards i was assigned a dashboard I'd to check my status in and learned I was one of the few that would receive a phone interview. I was able to schedule a date and time for the phone interview and for 30 minutes spoke to a really friendly recruiter about my life , my family, and how I would do things if hired. It was much more in depth than I thought it would be. The last interview was a group audition in new York where I had to perform a march, acting and dance.

Interview Questions

• A child is crying. As a character, how would you cheer the child up without using words?   1 Answer

Character Performer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Parks (Pittsburgh, PA (US)).

Interview

An audition. Height was measured upon arrival and photos of the face and full length body were taken. Did a small, relatively easy movement routine followed by some physical improv. Stood in a line at the end of the exercise while some people were asked to turn side profile and some were asked questions about acting experience. Afterwards, names were called out of people who would be staying for additional dance evaluation or costume/hair/makeup trials for specific roles. I remained for both. The second dance was more difficult that the first but nothing that would be outside of the realm of someone with training and experience. The fittings had Disney hair/makeup artists put us in the wig/makeup/costume of various characters and then we did a little monologue and an in character improv.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was a straight up hourly pay with no negotiation available.

Character Performer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Disney Parks (San Diego, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Web based interview, then phone interview that lasted about 25 minutes. Questions are easy to look up on the internet and pretty common sense. The interviewer was very nice, and cheerful. They called right on time and she made me feel relaxed and not rushed.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disney Parks (Orlando, FL (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

First there was a Verbal interview, followed by an audition at Walt Disney World, and shortly after there was a call back audition. I received a phone call that I got the job about 2 weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Parks (Orlando, FL (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

Simple audition process. I was in a needed height range. Got a call about a month after my audition with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation process.

Character Performer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Disney Parks in October 2011.

Interview

Auditioned in Orlando at the Animal Kingdom rehearsal facility. Took everyone's height and picture. Brought people in by groups to learn a basic across the floor routine and then made cuts. Everyone then learned a dance routine and did a character animation. Cuts were made again, and those left did the routine a final time and were filmed. Got a congrats you're going into the pool if we need you we'll call you.

Character Performer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Disney Parks (Dayton, OH (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was fairly typical of the questions asked: what does integrity mean to you, why do you want this job, what is your favorite Disney character... but it was wonderful to interview and actually have a conversation with the woman who called. The animation and dancing portion was a bit different, but that was a blast and not terribly difficult.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.