Disneyland Resort Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Disneyland Resort Interview Questions

Interviews at Disneyland Resort

2.1

Pastry Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Disneyland Resort (Fullerton, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Ask question on my past, baking knowledge, and management experience. They had me take a 3 hour Baking assessment. I had to recreate 4 of their baking items...A lemon raspberry muffin, a orange pound cake, a Cheddar apple pie, and a chocolate dipped mickey mouse cookie. After baking was complete. They looked over my work, and said they would let me know in a day or so.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Disney?   2 Answers

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disneyland Resort (Anaheim, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied online, did an online interview where they ask you questions on what would happen if this event happened and how would you react/ fix, interviewed in person twice. If you got a second interview, you'll most likely have the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Disney character and why?   1 Answer

Photographer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Disneyland Resort.

Interview

The process for photo imaging when I hired in 5 years ago consisted of two interviews. One with a recruiter, and another interview with a department manager. The interview process was great, as long as you have a positive outlook and be positive with your answers as to why you want to work for Disney.

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disneyland Resort (Anaheim, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I applied on Disney careers and didn't hear back till a month later and received an email for the web based interview I passed and scheduled a phone interview and now waiting for in person interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disneyland Resort in May 2018.

Interview

I had a simple phone interview and since I could not immediately start, I was placed on the waitlist for Attractions. I still have not heard back from them and will probably not.

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disneyland Resort (Anaheim, CA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Both of the recruiter for my first phone interview and the photopass manager for in person interview are very friendly. I didn't get the position I wanted, but I was offered another position without anymore interview. It was a really comfortable and good experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain what Max Pass is?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Disneyland Resort (Anaheim, CA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online on their website and within a week, I received an e-mail from them saying to schedule my online interview within 5 days of receiving the e-mail so I went right ahead and did it so I would not forget. It was basically a test where you put if you strongly agree, agree, are neutral, disagree, or strongly disagree and had personality questions like "I am an outgoing person" or "I am never late" so they were really easy and immediately after finishing it, it prompts you with a page saying whether or not you can continue with the interview process. I was prompted with a page telling me to schedule an in person interview within three days so I did it right then and there. There were a lot of different times open ranging from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. almost every day for a week. I chose my day and waited for my interview. On the day of my interview I planned on being there about 20 minutes early even though it encourages you to be 10 minutes early. I miscalculated how long it would take to do an errand and I also hit no traffic on my way there so I ended up being 40 minutes early. Once I arrived on their property, I did not know where to park but there are signs that you can quickly read to figure out where to go and there was a man in the lot who confirmed I was in the right place. I got out of my car and walked to their buildings where a nice old man checked my bag and told me where to go. I walked in and greeted the people at the front desk with a smile. They asked for my name, checked me in, and directed me towards the waiting room. It was just a few comfy chairs in the hallway in front of all the doors that lead to the rooms of the interviewers. I sat down and sparked conversation with the other people there and one by one, they all left me because they had actually arrived close to their interview time. Later another girl sat next to me and we conversed until a woman called my name. The first thing I did was smile, then I immediately stood up and shook her hand. We walked into her room and I sat down across the desk from her. There was another woman behind her who she said was evaluating her performance, not mine, so I shouldn't be worried. She already had my resume pulled up on her computer screen because the first thing she did was ask some specifics about my previous job experience. Then she started asking me interview questions like how I would describe myself, why I wanted to work there, what makes a good employee, how I would handle a disgruntled customer, what photography experience I have (I don't have any professional experience but I joked that I get a lot of likes on my Instagram posts which made them both chuckle), what my favorite picture I've taken and why, and things pertaining to the job like if I like to work in teams, indoors or outdoors, and other stuff of the sort. Then she told me something that basically was telling me I did well with her questions and to wait back in the waiting room while they talked about the positions. When she called me back in, she asked my availability which is open availability until school starts when I cannot work Tuesdays and Thursdays until 6 to which she replied that that was perfect because new employees must have Friday nights through Sundays open. She also asked if I was okay working shifts that may end at 3 a.m. Then she said that the Photopass Photographer position will not be open for two weeks but they do have an open position for Parking Lot (which I've never seen on their website before so I'll talk a little about it here to possibly help at least one person) where you direct traffic into parking spots, drive the tram, recite the safety thing on the tram, and take money from people coming into the structure among other things. She asked which I'd prefer so that was when I poured my heart out about how much I want to be friends with a Disney Princess (if you do not know what that means, look it up, but I do not want to ruin any chances of getting my dream job by something as silly as using the wrong wording and someone from Disney finding this). That was when she gave me some information that I did not find anywhere online. She said that once you're in one position, you cannot transfer to another position for 4 months. I then thought about it and said I'd take a job and just wait the four months for my dream job (after all, you have to complete the audition first before you get an interview and there's no guarantee they're even casting for someone I look like). So after I said I'd want either of those jobs, she said that I will be contacted within two weeks for the Parking Lot position or after two weeks for the Photopass Photographer one which requires a second interview. She kept hinting that I was going to get a job because she mentioned things like that I had a positive interview and that they'll contact me but nothing is for certain. It's only been a day since my interview though so I'll just have to wait and see.

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Disneyland Resort (Anaheim, CA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online in the beginning of September 2015. Immediately after applying I was sent an email to complete the web based interview. After completing that I received and email that I had passed the web based interview. Next I scheduled my first in person interview which took place September 22nd. Then comes the waiting game. I waited for about a week then received an email stating to schedule a 2nd interview which took place on October 15th, and was a group interview. 1 week later I received an email stating that I was hired and offered the position of photo pass, so exciting! :D The entire process took about 2 months. I've heard others taking up to 6 months but it really depends on the department.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Disneyland?   1 Answer

PhotoPass Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disneyland Resort (Anaheim, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer made me feel comfortable and and ease. I interviewed with another person and both of us ended up getting the job.
    I think one of the most important things is to go in looking professional and cheerful. They like happy, positive people. Remember the Disney look, no visible tattoos, conservative of the make up, no crazy hair color. I had a beautiful ombré at the time and they had me change my hair color before they could take my ID picture.
    They asked us both a series of questions about our background, favorite memory, why Disney.

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Disneyland Resort (Anaheim, CA (US)).

Interview

Filled out an application in person later did a personality test on the computer .
     Got called for an in person interview
     Took a group interview with just me and one other person I got the job

Interview Questions

• How can I make the Disney magic happen?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, Disney owns you once you convert

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.