Dotdash Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Dotdash Interview Questions

Interviews at Dotdash

2.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dotdash in October 2020.

Interview

Interview consisted of an editor test via Google Docs. There were three sections, each dedicated to beauty knowledge and reviews. Some independent research on product and ingredients was needed, but nothing too complicated.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a beauty product that you've recently used and loved   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dotdash.

Interview

It was a brief phone screen interview (20 minutes). They asked me about my background, my past job experiences and my interest in the position and company. They were really nice and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• - What did you do in your last word experiences?
      - Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dotdash.

Interview

A preliminary phone call, then video interviews. After the interviews with the team were complete, then I was sent an edit test. But, I was ghosted after and did not hear any feedback on the edit test. The process lasted well over a month.

Director, Brand Partnerships Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dotdash (New York, NY (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Ghosted after 5 rounds and 10 interviews spread out over two months. Last communication was that I was a finalist. Unnecessary and not considerate of the candidate to spread it like this when everyone else in the industry does super days. They want to narrow the candidates gradually I get it but to go radio silent after such a lengthy process is just so unprofessional. Especially explicit indication that you should expect next steps. Worst interview process I’ve had at a company and for I team I respected and wanted to work for.

Interview Questions

• Are you annoyed by the drawn out interview process and have your salary expectations changed?   Answer Question

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dotdash (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Process started off fine but company cancelled final interview on the day of. I’ve successfully interviewed with companies of all sizes, from startups to FAANG, and have never been ghosted like this. Unprofessional, avoid.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dotdash.

Interview

First interview was a ~20 min phone screen with HR, second interview was about an hour with 2 managing editors in the vertical. After positive feedback in both interviews, I was sent a 6-page edit test including pitching headline and content ideas, researching potential review board members, and editing/providing feedback for a sample article. The edit test took several hours, and after completing it I was totally ghosted.

Very disheartening that such a well-known media company would ask entry level candidates to complete such an involved edit test and not be considerate enough to follow up with a simple no -- especially during a pandemic when so many of us in the industry are desperate for full-time work.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a personal connection to the publication's subject matter?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dotdash in August 2020.

Interview

The recruiting team just seems really overwhelmed. This results is a breakdown in communication and leads to job-seekers having a bad experience.

I was contacted for an initial interview by one of DotDash's recruiters. On the day of our interview, I am asked at the last minute to reschedule for later in the day. Later that day, I am asked at the last minute to reschedule for the next day.

I am give two short (45-60 min) take home assignments. I complete them quickly, but I don't hear back for two weeks. I am scheduled for a full round interview.

For the full round, I am told engineers will ask me questions about my take-home work and we will build on it. None of that happened. What did happen was I had to work with a JavaScript templating engine that I had never used before and my code was copy and pasted into it. That is not building on my work. That is all the take-home work was going to be used for. It was a waste of time because it seemed like the take home didn't really matter that much.

I was supposed to have a check-in with the Recruiter after the full round interview, but that was postponed and I was never rescheduled. The Recruiter never even bothered to tell me, my interviewers told me at the end of my interview.

Interview Questions

• Use you take-home work with this JavaScript templating engine. By the way, the link to the templating documentation in the instructions doesn't work. You will have to Google for the correct link. (Yes, this did happen.)   Answer Question

SEO Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dotdash in August 2020.

Interview

A bit of a weird interview process for such a well-known company. A recruiter reached out to me very fast after I applied. Instead of setting up a screening call with them, they immediately fast-tracked me to a call with the Hiring Manager. A bit different of a process but I didn't particularly care.

The call with the Hiring Manager was rough. He seemed very distracted and not well-prepared. Dare I say even a little nervous? He didn't have too much information about the role itself and it really felt like they were just trying to fill a seat. Most of the interview was saying that my experience was exactly what they needed and impressive and just wanting to make sure I was willing to get out of my industry expertise and jump into new subject matter. (Which, of course, I was open to.)

The biggest red flag was I asked about the culture of the company and team since I obviously wasn't able to go in and get a feel for it, and he stumbled and completely talked around it. Not joking when he said "Well, we're a team." Seems like a pretty bad culture internally and I cringed on the other end of the call.

He was excited to push me along in the process and said I should hear back from the recruiter in a day or two. Weeks went by. I saw that he and an exec reviewed my LinkedIn at the same time but I still never heard back. They reached out to me about 3 weeks after the initial "screening" wanting to move forward but I declined.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in wanting to work for Dotdash?   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Interview

The first-round interview was with an HR manager over the phone. The second-round interview was a video call with two managers on the team I was applying for. The first interview lasted about 30 mins and the second interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Asked general interview questions about my experience, strengths I could bring to the team, knowledge about the brand I was applying for.   Answer Question

Associate Director of Product Interview

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Dotdash in July 2020.

Interview

The Hr/recruiting process was awful, my recruiter ghosted me multiple times, and considering he dragged this out 6-7 weeks, was just a waste of my time overall.

Initial phone screen with recruiter, who scheduled a remote interview with hiring manager a few days later. I asked him for input on how to prepare, and he scheduled a phone call with me - ghosted. Anyway, The hiring manager was great and I was interested in the role so wanted to continue the process.

After 5 days of silence, recruiter emailed me asking for availability so I provided 2 weeks of availability... again, radio silence for a week. I followed up again, and he finally responded scheduling my final panel two weeks out (on a day I hadn't specified). Again, no input provided on how to prepare.

For a product interview, it was really nonstandard, as it was focused mostly on stakeholders who were interested in my experience/interest in publishing. Two things the recruiter did wrong again:
    - he scheduled an 15 min break in the middle to talk too me, ghosted again
    - he switched one of my interviewers without notifying me, to a different hiring manager for a job i hadn't applied to....

Everyone on the panel was nice, however the recruiter was truly awful and never bothered to get back to me at any stage of the game.

Interview Questions

• What are the top 3 most important qualities a product manager should have?

How do you manage stakeholders?

Do you have experience with external vendors?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.