DraftKings Business Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

DraftKings Business Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at DraftKings

3.3

Business Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DraftKings (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

Phone call with interviewer. Explained what different analytics teams do in different departments. Then, they asked me about things I did on my resume (prior work experience). Then, they asked me questions about a business case with expected value questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: (I'm Paraphrasing) What is the expected value of purchasing game tickets from different vendors with different probabilities that the ticket is a counterfeit?   Answer Question

12 Nov 2020 – Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for interviewing with DraftKings. We wish you the best in your future endeavors. Jason

Other Interview Reviews for DraftKings

Business Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone screening with a small case question. On-site interview with 3 separate interviews, including lunch. On-site interviews included a case interview with whiteboard work with interviewer and a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the most exciting project you worked on in the past?   Answer Question

19 Aug 2020 – Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Welcome to DraftKings! Thanks for leaving your thoughts on your interview process. Let us know if you need anything to improve your employee experience. Jason

Business Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DraftKings.

Interview

Applied Online, heard back within a few months. Had a basic phone call, then two more, then I, unfortunately, was not chosen to continue and come into the office but overall great experience. Very nice people and very straightforward interview process.

Interview Questions

• The odds of rolling a dice question and the question about when people are born that are also on here.   Answer Question

15 Jun 2020 – Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Hi! We apologize for the delay in responding to your application but thank you for leaving your thoughts on your interview experience. We wish you the best in your search. Jason

Business Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings (Boston, MA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Great interview process overall. Consisted of two phone screens and one in person super day style interview. First phone screen was mainly an introductory call with a short probability question considering the likelihood of four different people having birthdays in different seasons, second was a more in depth case question with an analyst. The in office interview consisted interviews with three different analysts, including a contest sizing case that was pretty straightforward, and a final interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• What is the probability that four people have birthdays in four different seasons?   1 Answer

6 Jul 2020 – Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Business Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

A 30min phone screening with HR. The questions asked are totally different from those in glassdoor reviews. Started with questions about my knowledge of the company and industry. And a few questions about my background and prior internship. Then asked me to explain a pretty simple Sql concept. So far so good. What truly made me confused were the following questions about their teams and whether my career plan aligns with the team functions
    Make sure you know a lot about this company and the dfs industry.

Interview Questions

DraftKings Response

18 Oct 2019 – Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for interviewing with DraftKings for the Business Data Analyst role. We wish you the best in your career search. Jason

Business Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

After applying, i heard back almost instantly with an invitation for a first round interview (next day i think). However, it took almost 2 weeks between being invited to interview and actually having a time scheduled. The first round was a phone screen from the recruiter. I was blown off during the first scheduled appointment and was only rescheduled after I directly reached out and set up a new time. When that call did eventually happen, it was a complete waste of time. It literally took 2 minutes despite telling me it would be a "45 minute discussion." After this I was quickly moved forward into a phone call with a member of the analytics team, where we went through a quantitative case interview. This went smoothly, and I moved on to round 3 where i spoke with another analytics team member on the phone for a more open ended business case, which also went smoothly. I was then invited in to the office for a final round interview consisting of two more cases and a behavioral interview. After leaving the interview I was told I would either receive an offer or a rejection as soon as that same day, but no later than the end of the week. It is now 3 weeks out and counting, and i have heard nothing one way or the other despite multiple follow up emails.

TL;DR: Every interaction with the HR department, whether it be phone screens, scheduling the next round, or hearing back about the previous round was absolutely terrible. However, the analytics team and the people you meet in the office are fantastic. The issue does not seem to be a DraftKings-wide problem, but rather an incompetent/indifferent HR department.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen #1: What are the odds 4 different people would have birthdays in unique seasons?
      Quant Case: How much would you be willing to pay to play a game where you pick one bill out of a bag with equal proportions of $10, $20, $50, $100 bills? What if you got to put your bill back and pick a second time? What if you could pick a third time? What if you could remove all of the $10 bills before you picked?
      Business Case: You own a local coffee shop. You notice your profits are down over the last week. Walk me through the process of isolating what the problem is.
      In Office case 1: Contest sizing
      In office case 2: similar to the coffee shop question but with trains. The city that operates the train network sent out a survey about customer satisfaction, and an overwhelming number of people selected the dropdown option "queues and delays" as their main complaint. Walk through the potential sources of the problem.
      Behavioral in office: went through resume, elevator pitch "tell me about yourself", relevant work experience, why you want to work at DraftKings, etc.   Answer Question

Business Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DraftKings.

Interview

I initially applied online and within about a week I received a response to schedule a phone screen. During the phone screen the recruiter asked about my background and gave me a basic conditional probability question which I answered without any issues. I was then informed that for the next round of the interview process, I would receive a phone call from representatives of the team. During the call I would be able to gain an insiders perspective on the responsibilities of the role as well as complete another exercise. Unfortunately, the second phone interview did not take place. After sending numerous emails and leaving several voice mail messages to the recruiter who scheduled the initial phone screen, the second phone interview did not take place.

Interview Questions

• a.) What is the probability that 4 people are born in 4 different seasons?
      b.) What is the probability that 4 people are born in the same season?   Answer Question

Business Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DraftKings.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews and then an onsite interview. Very difficult process, if you mess up any of the math questions you seem not to be considered any further as they weight your answers on those questions greatly.

Business Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings in March 2018.

Interview

My experience seems similar to that of many. First phone call was a behavioral interview with a recruiter. Next, I spoke with a member of the analytics team who gave me behavioral questions as well as an expected value problem. My next call was with another team member who gave me a case study. I'm not from a business background, so I only did ok with the problem but was able to grasp the concepts and talk through my thought process.

After the last call, my recruiter dropped off the face of the earth. I got no word from them for several weeks, despite me inquiring on the status of my application a couple times. Both folks in analytics who I spoke to were very friendly.

Overall, not a great experience due to the lackadaisical and dedatched nature of the DraftKings HR department. Seems like a fun company but obviously with its fair share of problems.

Business Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings in March 2018.

Interview

Was asked basic behavioral questions then a couple of brain teasers. The recruiters seemed to not put their full attention into the interview. Thought it was a complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.