Interview Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Clearleap

Draw a bridge and you have three people trying to cross? Seriously>

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

12 Answers

I actually had an interview with Clearleap yesterday and I can tell you that above comments are not true. Interview process was very professional. Problem solving questions were quite interesting and I enjoyed them!

Anonymous on

Unfortunately, your response is quite immature and therefore I withdraw myself from this conversation.

Slava Maksymyuk on

4 people actually (you missed the requirement). Looks like you did not pay attention during the interview. These types of questions are designed to figure out your: a) Problem solving skills b) Creativity c) Ability to work under pressure And most of all to observe your thought process. But in your Senior QA Engineer role you should have know about that already, right?

Anonymous on

My name is Slava Maksymyuk. I’m the QA Manager at Clearleap. It came to my attention that a certain interview question has been discussed here. I’m usually the one who asks problem solving riddles at the end of the interview process. These questions help to evaluate the approach candidates use to think out and solve the problem regardless of the answer. I know for a fact that similar interview riddles are used by various departments at large tech companies such as Netflix, Microsoft, and Amazon and yield successful results. We always look for ways to improve our interview process. Therefore, I’d like to ask the author to provide a more constructive view on why he/she thinks that such questions are problematic.

Slava Maksymyuk on

oh my gosh i was going to post here regarding my experience with interviewing at this company recently and I stumbled upon this interview review. My experience interviewing was quite uncomfortable as well. I also sensed that the manager was not in touch with the actual products his company promotes. The questions were not difficult to answer, but the manner he asked was confusing. Also reading his replies to this review, he just sounds like he would be a head knocker for sure. Wish I wouldve read this review before my interview. Thank you original reviewer for posting this. Manager you shouldn't attack people ot get defensive on Glassdoor makes you look bad very. Regardless of opinions you should always conduct in a professional manner your comments do not show this. Also you sound like a child on your last comment. The person you responded to said nothing immature or unprofessional. Shame.

Interview candidate on

I had to add my comment in here as the attacks on the company is just absurd and filled with lies of one person who is trying to execute an unjustified personal vendetta. Did anybody else notice that all the anonymous replies as “interview candidate” sound like the same person wrote them? OP, MY ADVICE TO YOU - GET OVER IT. YOU ALREADY EMBARRASSED YOURSELF IN THIS THREAD WITH ADOLESCENT-LIKE COMMENTS AND ATTACKS THAT ARE COMING ONLY FROM YOU. JUST READ YOUR OWN COMMENTS. I HOPE SOMEBODY FROM YOUR NEW COMPANY READS THIS AND REALIZES WHO THEY ARE DEALING WITH BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE. You have some serious personal issues. I truly feel sorry for you.

Software Enginner on

Not as bad as the original poster said I'm sure, but seeing people gang up on him is a bit disconcerting even if he was writing all those responses which I'm still not convinced of

Anonymous on

Why I'm not surprised with the QA Manager and his team's reply I've worked in Clearleap as QA Engineer and trust me, it's not worth. The so called, QA Manager is highly unprofessional and immature himself. He just knows how to copy interview questions from everyone else. The real fact is, if any interviewer would ask him the same question, even a basic QA question, he would hardly know a word to answer. Rather than copying Netflix, Microsoft, and Amazon interview questions, try demonstrating your abilities in these companies. Common dude, Who asks Severity vs Priority, What if developer does not accept the bug, kinda questions in a Sr. QA Engineer interview..? This explains their ability and level to interview people. Please mug up or copy some good QA questions, so you don't have to face these kinda reviews.

Anonymous on

Hey Slava Maksymuck why dont you stop copying other companies interview process and create your own that will apply to your company and team. Also you must lack management skills and proper HR interview training, most the companies you mentioned provide these "tests", either one on one to spare the candidate uncomfortableness. Having people sit there and watch for their entertainment is pitiful. Its pretty sad that you and someone else had to attempt to attack the person who posted this interview feedback, as this is Glassdoor and its intention is for feedback and for others to gather more information about the companies they have and work for. Out of all th interview feedback back I have read your reply "I am the QA Manager" like all hail the QA Manager at this company!!!!

Anonymous on

Who ever wrote the last response. Your obviously the one who asked the interviewer these questions. Those questions aren't a true interviewer tactic to figure out critical thinking. Get over yourself. Thanks to the person who posted this, after reading the last comment and the unecessary attack, you can just tell this company isnt worth interviewing with.

Anonymous on

Guess they're thinking they are Google? Bravo with the hasty comeback 2nd responder. I actually submitted my resume to your company. Will now look else where. People are entitled to their opinions and that reply lacks maturity and professionalism.

Anonymous on

Seriously? This isnt a baby saving question for QA and a video company....They need that special feeling? Just in case?

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.