DreamWorks Animation Department Technical Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Department Technical Director

DreamWorks Animation Department Technical Director Interview Questions

Interviews at DreamWorks Animation

3.3

Department Technical Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

- Phone Screen (10min)
- Basic Interview With TD (Simple Graphics Questions, 30min)
- In-Depth Interview With Team I'd Be Working On (Graphics Questions, CS Questions, Brainteasers, Culture Questions, 1hr30min)

The whole process was extremely pleasant and everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DreamWorks Animation

Department Technical Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online to the Department TD position and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. I was told more specifics about the position and then scheduled an interview with a current Department TD for the next week. That interview asked lots of generic computer science and graphics questions, along with a brain teaser. I was told that I needed more technical experience and to reapply later.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between arrays, linked lists, hash tables, and octrees?   Answer Question

Department Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Redwood City, CA (US)) in May 2009.

Interview

My undergrad college and dreamworks animation had a collaboration, where I was selected for an internship as credits towards the final semester.
    initial communications were by sending a resume, portfolio, personal statements and letters of recommendation (univ.) to DWA for shortlisting candidates to be interviewed.
    If selected, this is usually followed up with a technical interview with a Technical Director employee at DWA.
    A knowledge of core computer science and graphics is really useful.

DWA is a great place to work and learn about the animation industry. Colleagues are super helpful and especially as someone completely new to the studio environment, I felt they were extremely helpful and inspiring people to work with.

Interview Questions

• thinking questions - what can be reasons your scene will render black?   2 Answers

Department Technical Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

Three separate half hour interviews, in no particular order. Each with 2 TDs. One covers brain teasers, one covers general technical director knowledge and problem solving abilities, and the third covers personality, leadership, relationships, and teamwork dynamics.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.