DreamWorks Animation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

DreamWorks Animation Interview Questions

Interviews at DreamWorks Animation

2.6

VFX Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2018.

Interview

There was actually a preliminary interview at a hotel during during the SIGGRAPH conference in LA, then a follow-up zoom videoconference with three people, followed by an on-site interview in Glendale.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the coolest thing about you that isn't on your resume.   1 Answer
    • Imagine that it's three years from now and you're being fired from this job. Can you tell us why this is happening?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Interview

I had multiple interviews with dreamworks and most of the time the person interviewing me is not prepared. Doesn't really ask too many relevant questions. They never give you a chance to show them you're the right fit. So be prepared for that.

Lighting Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, Andrew, MO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, Andrew, MO (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

Technical and conceptual, with a focus on basic skills. No prior knowledge of pipeline required but the general concepts should be known well , Interaction wit h technical directors for screening , and solution to organizational and team based situation also helps.
    Referral process increases credibility and chances of acceptance .

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Long, over two hour, interview, with logic puzzles and technical aptitude tests. Several different teams took thirty minutes each to ask various questions, personality tests, logic puzzles and technical questions. Overall a very casual, relaxed process.

Interview Questions

• How would I solve a rendering problem where frames are rendering black.   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Bengaluru) in June 2015.

Interview

One telephonic interview with two interviewer one by one. person who took interview was very polite, asked question related to the position they hiring for . The production engineer post requires deep knowledge in particular programming language and tools.
    first round was telephonic round and they required particular skill set to fill this post .

Interview Questions

• Question about previous projects .   1 Answer

Character Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA (US)) in September 2009.

Interview

I met dreamworks at Siggraph in los angeles. I showed them my demoreel and they took my resume. Next day i got a call for an interview. Went to siggraph and interviewed with one of their supervisor. A week later they call me for a phone interview. Then a few days later DW flew me down to LA for another interview. That one last a whole day. I met with 5 different groups of peoples. A week later i got an offer from HR and signed my contract.

Interview Questions

• There was a lot of programming questions. Lots of math questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me a competitive salary. Negotiation went pretty smooth.

Operations Systems Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA (US)) in January 2009.

Interview

Temp to hire. You will be interviewed on skill sets, aptitude for the job and personality. They are all very important because you will be representing the entire group to everyone in the company, from Assistants to Directors.

Interview Questions

• There are many, the best thing to do is to respond "I don't know but this is what I would try...". This is the best response to a technical question that is given and you have never seen before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will give you an offer on the low end. Ask for a higher range and accept if you feel content about the pay. You also need to consider all the other benefits you will get from working at this company in this position.

Department Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Redwood City, CA (US)) in May 2009.

Interview

My undergrad college and dreamworks animation had a collaboration, where I was selected for an internship as credits towards the final semester.
    initial communications were by sending a resume, portfolio, personal statements and letters of recommendation (univ.) to DWA for shortlisting candidates to be interviewed.
    If selected, this is usually followed up with a technical interview with a Technical Director employee at DWA.
    A knowledge of core computer science and graphics is really useful.

DWA is a great place to work and learn about the animation industry. Colleagues are super helpful and especially as someone completely new to the studio environment, I felt they were extremely helpful and inspiring people to work with.

Interview Questions

• thinking questions - what can be reasons your scene will render black?   2 Answers

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

My process interviewing for DWA was wonderful. I went in for 1 interview and heard back with an offer 2 weeks later. Great Culture here. I was asked great questions and the people interviewing me treated me with respect and even had a good sense of humor.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any television experience?   1 Answer

Production Assistant (TV) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

I'd applied for the position online but I also received a general employee referral which, if I'm being honest, is probably why the recruiters noticed me (I don't know a single person whose gotten a production job at Dreamworks from blindly applying online but I hope to be proved wrong!).

I first received a phone call from one of their recruiters asking if I was still interested in the position. Once I said yes we discussed more specifics about the job (responsibilities, pay, benefits, etc) as well as my own previous experience.

The next day the recruiter scheduled me for an in person interview a week later. My in person interview was with the show's line producer and production manager (who were both very nice and professional). It was all pretty straight forward: we discussed my general interest in animation and my previous experience and how it might transfer to this new role.

I heard back a week later from the initial recruiter that the show decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.