DreamWorks Animation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

DreamWorks Animation Interview Questions

Interviews at DreamWorks Animation

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by HR after submitting my application directly to my department via email. I was invited to the Glendale campus to interview and found my potential employers to be friendly, approachable and in fact they addressed the fact that DreamWorks oddly lingered perhaps a little too long on the Shrek franchise.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite DreamWorks movie? (this was not unexpected, there just weren't any difficult questions)   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate hours, especially since it was an unpaid internship

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

Sent in a resume and a cover letter, got a call back to schedule an interview. Phone guy was pretty rude, though I can understand as there was some background noise on my end. Interview took place on their canvas, which was insanely beautiful. The woman interviewing me took one look at me and (it seemed like a bad time?) headed out to a screening, and had me tag along, just walking through the halls. Very little actual conversation, probably the strangest and least professional interview I've had to date. I'd guess that she had already interviewed a candidate that she liked and was just paying lip service to the rest of the interviewees.

But, I would guess that I just lucked out with a bad interview, since Dreamworks Animation seems like an otherwise great company to work for.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

I applied through the dreamworks animation website. You need to submit a resume and cover letter. There were only two rounds in the whole interview process. The first one was a screening round asking about my projects and then about my relocation and stuff. Then the second round was a phone call with technical questions and talking about the resume and cover letter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about various Data structures used for animation   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

Got a call a few weeks after applying online. Phone call was like a mini phone interview. The interview itself was one on one and extremely casual. No hard questions. They mostly try to get to know you as a person.

Interview Questions

• What aspect of 3D animation are you interested in?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

Sent in application online. I got an unexpected call a few weeks later -phone interview asking about my schedule, availability, and some get to know you questions. After, I got called in for an interview. The interview was very casual and didn't really ask me that many questions

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a summer internship position and got a call later the same day suggesting a different position based on the skills listed on my resume. Not too long after the initial call, a video interview was set up for later in the week.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions based on what was on my resume. I was also asked some problem solving questions, though I don't remember what they were, and something along the lines of "Why do you want to work for DreamWorks?".   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in May 2015.

Interview

phone interview, recruiter, HR, hiring manager, people from team....Basic interview questions, behavior question plus tech question nothing special.. Good recruiter, everyone is friendly. cannot write fifty words. that is it.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I was rejected from one of the departments but I followed up and got 2 other opportunities for interview. First, HR calls to screen you and make sure you're not crazy. Then on the exact same day they offer you Skype or in-person for the second round. Supervisor was super chill, only briefly glossed over skill sets and experiences. Didn't even ask if I knew most of their movies. Mostly we just chitchatted. I talked about what I did in school, my future plans, being international etc. We got along really well and she even gave me a hug at the end! HR was especially efficient and got back within days.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

Applied online. Had a quick initial phone call interview to discuss the role and my interest in it. I then came to the studio for an in person interview. It was very relaxed, they asked about my experience, my interest in the department and why I wanted to intern for DreamWorks.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

Phone and in person team interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie?   1 Answer