DreamWorks Animation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

DreamWorks Animation Interview Questions

Interviews at DreamWorks Animation

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

Heard from a recruiter a few weeks after submitting my online application. Scheduled a phone interview, and the same day she offered me an in-person interview for the next day. The team was super nice and the questions were very straightforward. The recruiter told me it would be about 2 weeks. Emailed her to follow up, and she responded a week later to schedule a phone call, in which she told me I did not get the position. Up until this point, I had really enjoyed my experience interviewing with DreamWorks, but I thought it was very bizarre to schedule a one minute phone call to reject someone and not give any real feedback on their performance.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite movie (doesn't have to be DreamWorks)?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Burbank, CA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and the interview was by phone. It was very casual and lasted roughly 20 minutes. The interview was very professional and were able to answer all questions asked.

Internal Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

The process was very quick. Had one phone interview, however didn't get the second round.

Interview Questions

• It was general questions like "what do you plan to do with your career?"   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

Quick and friendly. Interview with recruiter followed by in person interview then another interview with someone on the team. More of a personality interview. Tell me about your experience. Tell me about a time - situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Why dreamworks? Strengths and weaknesses. Situational questions   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

HR screening, in person interview. I got a call from HR who asked me the basic questions and explained the internship. I then came in to meet with my potential supervisor who discussed the position with me. I got a call a few days later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why DreamWorks, tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

Sent my resume, cover letter online. Received an email asking me for a good time for a phone interview. Got the phone call 2 days later, it was a very informal chill conversation to get a feel for what you are all about and what you want from the company, then came in for a group interview with what could be my superiors and it was also very chill and very comfortable. I pretty much talked about myself for a while and the type of experience that I've had to be a good candidate for this job. waiting to hear back from them...

Modeler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied online and send email to recruiter several times, but there was no answer for a long time over few month. One day recruiting coordinator contacted me, then had a phone interview with supervisor(August). Then I had an on site interview at the PDI within a month after phone interview(September). After that there was no any answer for a long time. I just recognized that might be rejected... but one day I got a call from Dreamworks in Glendale(December), and flew to there for onsite interview with several supervisors, and also had an video interview with sup in Redwood city. There was no any answer for next 3 months, then finally I got an offer from Dreamworks Glendale (1st week of March)

Interview Questions

• what are the positive, inspiring aspects of being on the show?   Answer Question
    • Are there areas for improvement on your show? if so, what are they?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything you'd like to done differently in your department?   Answer Question
    • How is the moral on the team? Any suggestion for improvement?   Answer Question
    • Do you have the neccessay resources and tools to do your job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They suggested me competitive salary than my expectations, but I requested them to think a little bit. They offered me increased salary(10% more) next day, and relocation cost, 1 month temp housing. I accept it.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me out of the blue and asked if I would be interested in the position. We had a quick phone interview and then I went in the following week. The interview went well and was very relaxed.

The recruiter and I had another phone call to touch base. She said they really liked me and that I would be contacted for the second round soon. Some time went by, so I sent her an email, no response. I called, but couldn't get ahold of her. I called the woman I interviewed with; she said they were still interviewing candidates and that I would be contacted the next week. The next week I emailed the recruiter again, no response. I never heard from them ever again! So weird considering they contacted me about the position and then told me they liked me.

Interview Questions

• Very easy, the interview was more of a conversation than a lot of questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

I was recommended by someone internally. I flew out to both locations to talk to the teams, and got an offer based on informal interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Short, and over the phone.

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

They did a short interview on our campus, during which they only looked at my resume (no time to show a portfolio) and asked a couple technical graphics questions as well as a brain teaser question.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite DreamWorks movie?   1 Answer