DreamWorks Animation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

DreamWorks Animation Interview Questions

Interviews at DreamWorks Animation

2.6

Technical Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

Two phone screens (personality + basic tech chops) then a couple hours of video chat (spread over three to four separate interviews). Each of these three are done on different days. If you're local, they'll bring you in to the office.

Negotiation

Union position, so it doesn't feel like you can negotiate much. You can, but know the limits.

Technical Director Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in October 2012.

Interview

Applied for the job. Resume was shortlisted. ( need to express work or portfolio in field of graphics). 2 rounds of telephonic interview were taken within a gap of 3 weeks. 1st round was from US office and Mainly included questions of computer graphics, animation pipeline, small problem solving questions. No questions on coding but asked basic questions in CS. 2nd round was also telephonic and included scenario based questions ( limited resources and time to get desired result) and others were to test communication skills and leadership in general.

Interview Questions

• How will you convince people around to work even when no is motivated for it?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Redwood City, CA (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

I got the call after submitting my demo reel and resume to the HR. The first interview was on campus. Basic puzzle questions were asked. basic coding skills were tested. Was contacted after 3 weeks for onsite interview. 4 rounds in total, all panel interviews. First round was personality test. Asked questions about my personality, my likes, dislikes, asked me to narrate a funny story. Second round was puzzle round. Asked 6 different puzzles and I answered them all. The third round was technical round. The questions asked were based on C++, basic graphics questions, hashtables etc. The last round was with the TD director. He went over the team and the company. Explained the benefits of the company. A general chat.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA (US)) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview went well. The thing that was really unique about the process was having a Video interview instead of being flown out to the company. The whole process was smooth, the people I interviewed with were nice. I interviewed with both the Glendale and Redwood City offices. The questions they asked were good. I didn't get grilled as much as I thought I would on specific coding questions, but they had some good logic questions.

Negotiation

Very little to negotiate, partly because it's under a union, partly because it's DreamWorks and they know it.

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

They did a short interview on our campus, during which they only looked at my resume (no time to show a portfolio) and asked a couple technical graphics questions as well as a brain teaser question.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite DreamWorks movie?   1 Answer

Technical Resource Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a phone call a week before with the manager of the department. I went in and had one on two interviews with the entire department and a Linux based test.

Interview Questions

• What hesitations do you have about yourself for this job?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Interview

HR spontaneously calls for a chat, but this is actually the phone interview. Went to the Glendale location for an interview. The interviewers were really nice and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions regarding your resume and if you "studied" up what intern they were looking for.   Answer Question

FX Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA (US)) in June 2008.

Interview

It was a very relaxed interview. We mainly talked about my reel. How I did it and why I choose particular implementations of a particular effect. Then I was asked a few question about how I would implement certain effects.

Interview Questions

• How would you create an effect of falling leaves ?   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

My first interview was with the manager of the team. It was a pretty standard review of stuff on my resume and I talked about my interest in front end development since that was what the position was about. I got a call the next day that I was moving on to the next stage.

The second interview was with 3 different people, 30 mins each. They were all high ranking managers within the engineering department and the interviews were quite similar to the first. Mostly going over my resume and asking each other questions back and forth. It was fairly casual.

About 2 weeks later I got the offer, but didn't accep. I was worried about how high the cost of living was and there was no housing assistance and the hourly was fairly low.

Interview Questions

• What sort of javascript frameworks are you familiar with?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

Started with a phone screen. I dont recall there being very many technical questions. Next was an in person interview with the team including a video conferencing session, a followup phone screen, and then a second on site interview with the department VP