Duedil Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Duedil

3.1

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Duedil (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was approached by an agency recruiting for this position. The first stage was an initial screening and discussion about the career progress. Afterwards, I was asked to fill in a test of 20 questions regarding Linux, Bash Scripting and Python. Having provided the satisfactory answers I was given an assessment task to complete at home. Eventually, I was invited to DueDil's office for an interview lasting 3 hours when I spoke to 5 people, including the CTO.

Interview Questions

• Difference between a hardlink and softlink in Linux file system?   1 Answer
    • One of the filesystem is full on a linux server. You deleted a huge file located on the filesystem but the filesystem is still full. Why and how would you fix?   1 Answer
    • What is a sticky bit in linux file system?   1 Answer
    • What are the default privileged ports on a linux or unix machine?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between TCP and UDP?   1 Answer
    • TCP connection initiation (a.k.a handshake) sequence   1 Answer
    • How do you check the return status of your previous command in bash or shell?   1 Answer
    • How would you replace all occurances of the word 'apple' with word 'orange' in a text file?   1 Answer
    • How would you reverse a string in Python?   1 Answer
    • Write a simple web application in a language of your choice, that prints "Hello World" for all requests. The app needs to be fronted by a reverse proxy (apache or nginx) and an application server backedn (Tomcat/JBoss/bottle/Flask). Deploy the app in any Cloud/Virtual platform, freferably in AWS.   1 Answer

6 Sep 2017 – Talent Specialist

Hi there! Thanks so much for your review. It's great to read that you found your interview process positive. We pride ourselves on our interviews and considering our unique culture and tech stack, we do appreciate that we ask some challenging interview questions! We'd like to thank you for your time interviewing with us and wish you all the best for your future career.
    The DueDil team.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Duedil (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Call with the recruiter, then a face to face with the hiring manager. This went really well, there were no concerns raised and I was put forward to the next stage. For the next stage I was asked to do a role play and demo their product. I spent three/four days working on this however two days before the final interview I received an email from the internal recruiter explaining they would not be proceeding with my final interview. I responded asking for feedback and received nothing. The kick in the teeth was that half an hour after emailing me, they contacted my colleague asking him to interview. Feedback would have been appreciated, and if there was no plan to allow me to complete the final stage then I should not have been sent the brief and given access to the system as it wasted four days of my time. Shows a lack of respect for time given.

Interview Questions

Duedil Response

25 Sep 2017 – Talent Specialist

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is of course not the experience we intend for our candidates, and we completely appreciate your frustration. DueDil interview all our candidates on individual merit and always ensure that specific, individual feedback is provided (both directly or via any recruitment agency partners we work with.) We apologise that your feedback did not reach you and that the context here was clearly not sufficiently provided.

We keep detailed records of all our recruitment activity. If you would like to, please do get in touch and we would be happy to discuss this directly with you.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Duedil (London, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied to the position online and was contacted by an HR one week after that.

The first round was a 30-minute-long live coding session with the Engineering Manager. Two basic coding questions have been asked, I did well and was invited to the next round.

Three days later, an offline coding test was sent to me, and I was asked to complete it in 3 days. The test was fairly long (3 sections), including a nonsense Linux shell question that no one would ever have to deal with in real life. They just made it up. I managed to complete the test and sent it back on time. I hadn't heard from them for one week, so I wrote an email asking for feedback. The Engineering Manager replied to my email for arranging an onsite interview, no feedback given.

10 days later, I attended the onsite interview in their office. The interview consisted of 3 rounds, 45-minute each round. A wide range of questions has been asked ranging from ML to Algorithms and Problem-Solving Skills. I did not do well because my knowledge isn't broad enough for the role and I also felt tired in the final live-coding round (I traveled 2 hours and a half to their office at 2 pm), even the two interviewers looked tired at 5 pm.

7 days later after the onsite interview, I haven't heard back from them yet. I have already secured two offers from other companies, so I wasn't waiting for their decision but it is still unpleasant when I have spent so much time for the interview process and they were too busy and didn't have time to respond to me.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to ensure your ML model achieve 100% recall?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duedil (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

After approaching Duedil directly due to knowing them from a previous role and being very impressed with the business, a telephone interview was organised with a member of their recruitment team. It went very well and I was then invited to interview face to face. After this interview, I sent Duedil an e-mail with my feedback however I received no response or updates from Duedil on my interview, something which I find really unprofessional!

I took time out of my full-time role to attend the interview and the least I expect back is some feedback or even just a plain "no" from a business.

Not hearing anything back at all shows a completed disregard and disrespect for my time and effort.

This is how I would expect a busy recruitment agency to treat candidates, not a people-focused business. Not impressed at all.

9 Jan 2017 – Talent Specialist

We apologise that you have had this poor experience. This is never how we would expect a candidate to be treated; in fact positive candidate experience is of utmost importance to DueDil. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Interview

Put forward by recruiter. Very casual vibe, really nice offices. The interview was quite conversational, discussing previous experiences. A few weird questions like "what do you believe that everyone else thinks is BS?", but was an enjoyable experience. I didn't get the offer but it was early in my job hunt so I think that's just down to my lack of experience.

Interview Questions

Duedil Response

6 Sep 2017 – Talent Specialist

Hi there! Thanks so much for your review; we're really pleased to read that you had a positive experience interviewing with us, and that you liked the offices (we think they are pretty awesome too!) We pride ourselves on our interviews and considering our unique culture, we do like to ask some challenging and unusual interview questions! We are really sorry that there wasn't good fit for you at DueDil at this time, and on behalf of the whole team, we'd like to thank you for your time interviewing with us, and wish you all the best in your job search.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duedil (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone interview then invited to an assessment center, where we had to talk for 10 mins about a topic of our choice and a group task. They didn't even provide feedback at all about the process, overall though the process was very last minute. Company environment was quite collaborative and friendly - just not an organised interview process

Interview Questions

Duedil Response

28 Jul 2017 – Talent Specialist

Thank you for your review and for attending our assessment day. We're really sorry that you feel that this was an average experience - if you'd like to email us directly, we'd be happy to discuss this with you in more detail. For clarity, all candidates who are successful after the morning session, progress to an additional interview process in the afternoon. It is only after this interview that we give job offers to the best, most successful candidates. It's not the case that any job offers are made following the morning session and the two presentation tasks. We will ensure that your feedback is taken onboard for our next assessment days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Duedil (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I attended the assessment day for the sales development representative position.

We were asked to prepare a presentation beforehand on any subject we wanted. Turned up to the office which were nice and there was a few other people there on the day. We had some speeches from various people within the company then we were asked to do our presentations. We were then divided into groups and asked to do a task together and present our ideas to the rest of the team. Lunch was provided and we awaited their decision to go on to the next stage of the interview.

All in all the experience was a bit pointless, and for a sales role, I think we should have been tested on our competencies, telephone manner, objection handling etc. It just seems a bit of a waste of time to ask people to do so much preparation and to listen to other people's boring presentations.

Interview Questions

Duedil Response

19 Jul 2017 – Talent Specialist

Hi, thank you for your review and for sharing your thoughts. We're really sorry that you feel the morning session of the assessment day wasn't useful for you. We have successfully recruited a number of individuals into our sales development team as a result of our assessment days, and have received lots of positive feedback. We ask people to deliver presentations so that we can assess attendees' confidence levels, communication skills and how they have engaged with the task. We then run Q&A sessions after each presentation to provide objections for people to handle and to see how they think on their feet. We understand that every attendee has put time and effort into their preparation, and we hugely appreciate that effort. For those who demonstrate a strong match for our culture during the morning session, a more formal interview happens in the afternoon during which we go into more detail and assess competencies in a one-to-one scenario. We're really sorry that you didn't have a positive experience and we'll ensure that we take your comments onboard for further assessment days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Duedil (London, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn, process took about a week then a phone interview was scheduled. Very nice interviewer and straight forward questions, unfortunately they needed someone immediately which i couldn't do.

Interview Questions

Duedil Response

13 Apr 2018 – VP People

Thank you so much for your feedback. I understand it didn't work out this time but do stay in touch.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duedil (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with their Talent Manger. It was a very informal chat about the role and then some questions surrounding my experience - particularly focusing on performance management, culture and employee engagement.

I thought it went well, and was told on the phone that they would like to get me in for a face to face interview the following week. Unfortunately, despite the fact I followed up with 3 separate emails for an update, I never heard anything back. It would have been great to receive some feedback as to why they decided not to proceed.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain how I would go about implementing and maintaing a performance management system.   Answer Question

30 Mar 2016 – Head of Talent

I'm so, so sorry about this. If you'd like to get in touch today then I'll have a look to see what's happened and come back to you with feedback as soon as possible.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online and had a telephone interview with the outgoing HR Manager. The telephone interview went well and I was told they would be in touch about next steps. Unfortunately I never heard any more from them despite chasing them for feedback.
    The interview itself was a quite relaxed conversation about the role, my previous experience etc.

Interview Questions

• Quite an informal chat covering my experience and my views on a range of HR topics including performance management etc. I was asked to talk about some of the challenges in my current role and how I handle them.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.