Duke University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 21 Feb 2017

2.5

Building Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC (US)).

Interview

Put in a application on December 19, 2016. Application was forwarded to hiring manager. Received a phone call on January 11, 2017 to do a phone interview no email sent before hand to tell me I was going to be interviewed. After the interview waited two weeks and followed up with hiring manager, hiring manager had been on vacation. Told me he would follow up with me, a week later February 8, 2017 checked the status and was no longer under consideration. Complete waste of my time.

PhD Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University in February 2017.

Interview

The first round is the skype interview which seems more like an informal conversation about your research and a chance to know more about theirs. It is useful to be thorough with your research accomplishments ie be very technical! Make sure you've gone through your CV and that you've revised technical findings from all your past projects.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke University.

Interview

This was a very straightforward and friendly interview, casual and low stress. I had little to no prior experience in office administration but the interviewer was kind and appreciated my experience in the arts.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about prior experience with office administration as well as dance.   Answer Question

Staff Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was automatically notified it was now with the manager 9 days later, phone interview less than a week later, asked to come in person another week later. Interviewed in person and met at least 10 different staff members from different areas. I spent over 4 hours on campus. I wish I was told it would take up my whole day. Ended up having to pay for my own parking and since it was during lunch time, I was really hungry halfway through the day. 20+ days later, I was emailed that I did not get the position.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC (US)).

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. It seemed like more of a backwards interview, where they were trying to convince you to come to duke more-so than figuring out whether or not you should be there. This was an interview in the ECE department, so I'm not sure if every other department works the same way.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

1. introduce my research experience. 2. Why you are interested in computer hardware. 3. What do you want to do in the future? 4. What course project have you done?

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very brief and to the point. The hiring manager was very nice and straight forward. I think he makes a very good manager. I feel very confident just waiting to hear from the recruiter. I was told it would take at least two weeks to receive a job offer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

The only interview question was "can you use Microsoft office system or not. There was nothing technical or behavioral. Nothing unexpected. The Professor's assistant was quite friendly and supportive. No one on one interview. The process was quick and straightforward. Wish interviewers are all like this.

Academic Tutor Interview

Interview

It was fairly easy; typical interview questions about why you want to tutor, as well as miscellaneous behavioral questions about your personality and techniques for helping other people. The process took longer than expected, considering that tutors are always in need, but all the interview questions just seemed to be a formality.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become a tutor?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was over the phone. Very easy. I talked to Julia from the Remittances, Migration, and Development program. It was very straightforward. Julia was also very eager to answer my questions, and she was very kind. It was mainly an interview about my interests, and why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.