Duke University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

2.5

153 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC (US)).

Interview

It involved submitting a cover letter and resume, then I was invited in for an interview. The interview involved speaking with the two directors of the center and then two employees that work there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Interview

Two intervies, one from the chair and another from the a faculty member of related field. Had been on waitlist for really long but finally got the offer five days prior to deadline.

Interview Questions

• Really cannot expect. That is too long ago. Just very basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Interview

No Interview, just application asking about time preferences, why you are interested and qualified to be a teaching assistant, and grade received in course when you took it. Takes less than 20 minutes to complete

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was very easy and straight forward especially due to the employee referral. I would recommend that people apply to Duke for the benefits and ease of the process.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

It was nice! The people were really friendly, and gave me a sense for what the position would be like and what would be expected of me. Look here if you want to have a rewarding experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you contribute in this role?   1 Answer

TA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was sent a questionnaire from a department lead. It gave me a list of possible classes to TA. I submitted essays for each class. I also met with instructor to let them know I had an interest in working for the class.

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

After submitting my resume online, I got a phone call from their HR representative setting up a phone screen with the hiring manager (s).
    The phone interview was with two people, and it lasted for one hour. The conversations were pleasant. However, the last question was salary expectations, and they were very vague about it.
    I was then invited to an onsite interview with a full schedule that included talking to 12 people over the course of 4 hours. When I saw the schedule, and thought about how vague they were about pay, I lost interest in going in for the interview. However, I talked to a friend who worked there, and was told that it was standard practice to meet the entire team during interview at Duke. So I obliged and went in for an interview.
    About 1/4 way into the interview, I realized that I did not want to be there. People were very nice, but I knew it was not going to be a good fit for me. During the 4 hour long 12 people interview, I was reminded several times that I might be bored at that job given my experience and interests, which I agreed.
    I left knowing that regardless of what happened, I was not going to work there.
    Also, repeating the same thing over and over each time a new group people walked in got old really quickly. They could have done a panel interview with all 12 people present.
    A letter of "sorry we did not hire you" came in snail mail arrived a few weeks later :)

Building Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC (US)).

Interview

Put in a application on December 19, 2016. Application was forwarded to hiring manager. Received a phone call on January 11, 2017 to do a phone interview no email sent before hand to tell me I was going to be interviewed. After the interview waited two weeks and followed up with hiring manager, hiring manager had been on vacation. Told me he would follow up with me, a week later February 8, 2017 checked the status and was no longer under consideration. Complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University in February 2017.

Interview

The first round is the skype interview which seems more like an informal conversation about your research and a chance to know more about theirs. It is useful to be thorough with your research accomplishments ie be very technical! Make sure you've gone through your CV and that you've revised technical findings from all your past projects.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applying via the Duke jobs website is clunky and tedious. But I was brought in for a panel interview with several in the department. Very pleasant, engaging conversation. Had to take a writing test that was a little awkward but understood the reason for it.

Interview Questions

• How do you juggle working with a lot of different decision makers?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.