Duke University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Duke University Interview Questions

Updated 21 May 2017

2.5

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

It was nice! The people were really friendly, and gave me a sense for what the position would be like and what would be expected of me. Look here if you want to have a rewarding experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you contribute in this role?   1 Answer

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

After submitting my resume online, I got a phone call from their HR representative setting up a phone screen with the hiring manager (s).
    The phone interview was with two people, and it lasted for one hour. The conversations were pleasant. However, the last question was salary expectations, and they were very vague about it.
    I was then invited to an onsite interview with a full schedule that included talking to 12 people over the course of 4 hours. When I saw the schedule, and thought about how vague they were about pay, I lost interest in going in for the interview. However, I talked to a friend who worked there, and was told that it was standard practice to meet the entire team during interview at Duke. So I obliged and went in for an interview.
    About 1/4 way into the interview, I realized that I did not want to be there. People were very nice, but I knew it was not going to be a good fit for me. During the 4 hour long 12 people interview, I was reminded several times that I might be bored at that job given my experience and interests, which I agreed.
    I left knowing that regardless of what happened, I was not going to work there.
    Also, repeating the same thing over and over each time a new group people walked in got old really quickly. They could have done a panel interview with all 12 people present.
    A letter of "sorry we did not hire you" came in snail mail arrived a few weeks later :)

Building Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC (US)).

Interview

Put in a application on December 19, 2016. Application was forwarded to hiring manager. Received a phone call on January 11, 2017 to do a phone interview no email sent before hand to tell me I was going to be interviewed. After the interview waited two weeks and followed up with hiring manager, hiring manager had been on vacation. Told me he would follow up with me, a week later February 8, 2017 checked the status and was no longer under consideration. Complete waste of my time.

PhD Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duke University in February 2017.

Interview

The first round is the skype interview which seems more like an informal conversation about your research and a chance to know more about theirs. It is useful to be thorough with your research accomplishments ie be very technical! Make sure you've gone through your CV and that you've revised technical findings from all your past projects.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duke University.

Interview

This was a very straightforward and friendly interview, casual and low stress. I had little to no prior experience in office administration but the interviewer was kind and appreciated my experience in the arts.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about prior experience with office administration as well as dance.   Answer Question

Staff Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was automatically notified it was now with the manager 9 days later, phone interview less than a week later, asked to come in person another week later. Interviewed in person and met at least 10 different staff members from different areas. I spent over 4 hours on campus. I wish I was told it would take up my whole day. Ended up having to pay for my own parking and since it was during lunch time, I was really hungry halfway through the day. 20+ days later, I was emailed that I did not get the position.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC (US)).

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. It seemed like more of a backwards interview, where they were trying to convince you to come to duke more-so than figuring out whether or not you should be there. This was an interview in the ECE department, so I'm not sure if every other department works the same way.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

1. introduce my research experience. 2. Why you are interested in computer hardware. 3. What do you want to do in the future? 4. What course project have you done?

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very brief and to the point. The hiring manager was very nice and straight forward. I think he makes a very good manager. I feel very confident just waiting to hear from the recruiter. I was told it would take at least two weeks to receive a job offer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Duke University (Durham, NC (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

The only interview question was "can you use Microsoft office system or not. There was nothing technical or behavioral. Nothing unexpected. The Professor's assistant was quite friendly and supportive. No one on one interview. The process was quick and straightforward. Wish interviewers are all like this.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.