E. & J. Gallo Winery Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

E. & J. Gallo Winery Interview Questions

Interviews at E. & J. Gallo Winery

2.9

Interview

Very laid back and comfortable - even digitally!
    Mostly Behavioral questions, definitely practice using the STAR Method.
    They really are mostly looking for great leadership skills and to emphasize those in the interview process.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

5 Nov 2020 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback. Even though it didn't work out this time, we are glad to hear that you had a positive experience. We hope you consider Gallo in the future!

Business Sales Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery (Chico, CA (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

Super personable interview process. They definitely focused on making me comfortable and centering the questions around being conversational. I had 2 interviews with them and the entire process was around 3 weeks from the initial contact to the offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery in November 2020.

Interview

I just had my last round of interviews last week, and have enjoyed the process so far. I have felt very in the loop and supported through each step; my recruiter even called me the day of my last interview to answer some last minute questions that I had and give me some pointers. All three of my interviews were done within about 6 weeks of each other so it’s been a relatively short process compared to some other companies processes. I am still waiting on an email regarding an offer/no offer for a position.

Interview Questions

• What other companies have you been interviewing with?   1 Answer

Gallo Sales Company Interview

Interview

I got an interview after talking to a recruiter at a Career Fair. There were two people on the sales team in the interview. The interview lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

5 Nov 2020 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback. All the best to you!

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

Applied online and had the first round interview over Zoom for thirty minutes. The questions consisted of pretty typical behavioral questions and sales experience. I heard back within the week.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you failed or were rejected and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

5 Nov 2020 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate it! Best of luck to you!

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

I did not get the job. HR contact said that another position was opening up soon, and that he would contact me. He has not, and when I have called and emailed him about other open opportunities, he does not return my calls.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

5 Nov 2020 – Human Resources Leadership

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your review concerns us and we will be sharing it with our Recruiting Leadership team. If you would like to share your feedback in greater detail, we encourage you to reach out via feedback@ejgallo.com. The candidate experience is very important to us, so we hope to hear from you soon.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

First you had to apply through their website. Then if you get selected you have to go through a number of interviews before being offered an offer. The first one is done online.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

5 Nov 2020 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback. Best of luck to you!

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

Mostly basic behavioral interview questions. It was via zoom because of COVID. Very sales oriented questions and they asked why you were passionate about going into a sales position. Be sure to express only interested in their company.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

14 Oct 2020 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback. We are glad you had a positive experience. Best of luck to you!

Sakes Representative Interview

Interview

Virtual video interview was awkward (aren’t all of them?) but never felt pressured or unfair. Seemed like an honest assessment for a potential sales role. The questions were generic but on target.

Interview Questions

E. & J. Gallo Winery Response

14 Oct 2020 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback and best of luck to you!

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at E. & J. Gallo Winery.

Interview

First I spoke with someone from the company at career fair. That conversation was great and I was really excited about the role. I was then invited to a first round interview. The interviewer was not as friendly as the first person I spoke with. They came off as cocky and uninterested. The questions were asked in a way that was very difficult to answer. Instead of asking one thing at a time, they gave me three entirely different questions all at once, which made it difficult to stay on topic. Instead of taking time to get to know me and have a conversation, it felt strange and very scripted. I asked a few questions at the end about culture, and the interviewer’s answers were very brief and not convincing. After this experience I was no longer interested in the job anyway.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for gallo, what makes you want to go into sales, How are you a leader on campus?   Answer Question
    • What are three examples of when you were a leader   Answer Question

14 Oct 2020 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are concerned by your interview experience. If you are open to a confidential conversation, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback in greater detail. Please reach out via feedback@ejgallo.com and we can schedule some time to connect. Best Regards, JP DePaso Director, Sales Recruiting

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.