EXL Service Analytics Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 29 Jan 2019

3.1

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analytic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EXL Service (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The recruitment process was a two step process:
1. Telephone screen: Interviewer asked questions based on the qualifications and skills mentioned on my resume. There were also a few fit/personality based questions. These were followed by a short case study. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes.
2. On-site interview: The second and final round lasted over an hour, and I interacted with a panel comprising 2 persons. I was asked to analyze a couple of cases, a few probability questions and a brainteaser. The interviewers also inquired about certain points on my resume.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EXL Service

Analytic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EXL Service (New York, NY (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

pass the phone interview, failed the onsite. I would like to talk about the onsite. All are indians, their english is sometimes hard to understand, but that's not the problem. The problem is the guy who interviewed me is especially sarcastic, I have get the answer to his case, but he required more. And he kept on give a indefatigable attitude to me. NOT EVEN SHAKE HAND WITH ME BEFORE AND AFTER THE INTERVIEW. I will recommend no one to this company.

Analytic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EXL Service (Jersey City, NJ (US)).

Interview

First round was a 45min phone interview, and were asked about resume related questions and some brain teasers. The next two rounds were in their Jersey office with two senior consultants. A lot of cases.

Interview Questions

• Resume related questons, why exl, excel and sas related questions   Answer Question

Analytic Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EXL Service.

Interview

I got a phone interview about 45 min - 1 hour. First, introduce myself and some behavior question based on my resume and past experience. Then a brain teaser and a case study.

Analytic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EXL Service (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Got a call through a referral in 2 days. 1st was phone interview. They asked me about my background and why i want to change my job. Some brain teasers and case study. Why EXL? Note: i'm still in the interview process. This was from first round.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between charge card and credit card?   1 Answer
    • How does credit card companies/banks make money? What is the main source of making money?   Answer Question
    • 25 horses. 5 race tracks. Find the fastest 3 horses.   Answer Question
    • How many edges are there in 3D cube, 4D cube and 2D cube?   1 Answer
    • How many people are in the air in the given day in US?   1 Answer

Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EXL Service (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

2 rounds of telephonic interview. The 1st round had a formal intro and resume review followed by a guess estimate question and two puzzles. The second round had the same format but of varying difficulty. Was asked to solve an SQL question. I was dumbstruck and particularly irritated when the interviewer asked if the projects I had on my resume were all done by myself. I could not help but laugh and said that he can check my GitHub and ask any questions he had. Thought that he might be having some very bad experience previously but I couldn't understand how unprofessional that sounded.

Analytics Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EXL Service.

Interview

HR is not good at communicating. I have been waiting the call of 1st round interview for 30 mins. I sent email to both HR and interviewer to confirm the interview time and asked if they want to reschedule the interview, they never replies........

Analytics Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EXL Service in October 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview about 45min to an hour depending on the caller. First I was asked to introduce myself. Then I got a case study. The final question was a brain teaser. Try to do some brain teasers beforehand, otherwise you would be as dumb as I sounded.

Interview Questions

• How would you estimate the number of people in the air at a given time in the US.   Answer Question

Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EXL Service (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

One phone interview: with one manager
    One onsite interview: with two bosses

Two interviews are processed by 3 weeks. You will get information in 3 days after the interview.
    At first I recieved the rejection letter from HR but right in the afternoon he called me to inform his mistakes. I was offered the chance.

Interview Questions

• Focus on brainteaser and case study.
      Phone: use 1,3,4,6 to get 24 (2 methods). how many restaurants in NY city. How long does one athlete walk or run during a football match. Sampling from 10000 data points, make 2 dataset A and B whose size is 1000 (with replacement), how many datapoint are same between A and B

Onsite: 4 people cross the river with a boat which can take 2 people at most, make an optimal solution. How to decide the yellow light time for the traffic lights.

...   Answer Question

Analytics Consultant Interview

Interview

Worst interview experience ever. The recruiter did not have the courtesy to give me more than 24 hours notice of my second round interview, even though I provided him with my schedule a week ago. For twice, the recruiter scheduled an interview on days that I specifically told him I was not available, and he made it look like it was my fault to not be able to make it. Due to their lack of professional courtesy, I decided to withdraw my application.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.