EXL Service Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

EXL Service Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at EXL Service

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EXL Service (New York, NY (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

First is a phone interview, no rejection to anyone, then to onsite, lasted for 3+ months to finished all the people's last round, very very very low efficiency, finally give most of the offers to people in their own nation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EXL Service

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EXL Service in November 2019.

Interview

I got the interview after a month since I applied, and it takes another week for them to settle the interview time. The interview is very statistical and the questions highly differentiate between different interviewers.

Consultant Interview

Interview

First is a phone interview, involves talking about projects in resume and some little cases and brain teasers. Second is a face-to-face, the content depends on the interviewer. For me is one big case and two brain teasers.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EXL Service (Newark, NJ (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The recruitment was through University Campus.
    1st round phone interview: Math puzzles, Talk about yourself (20 mins)
    2nd round: Math puzzles and Case Interviews (30-40 mins)
    3rd round: Case Interviews and Resume based questions

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EXL Service (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EXL Service, jersey city office. The process didn't take long because they were hiring a lot of people. First round was phone screening, they asked about your resume and gave me a case. Second round was on site interview, there were multiple case and behavior questions.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone interview- First questions related to your resume, then questions related to your technical skills. He asked me questions about SAS. A brain teaser and case study. Brain teaser is a little bit hard, and I was not sure what he meant.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to resume. SAS. Your experience related to data analysis.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EXL Service (Jersey City, NJ (US)).

Interview

Applied through a referral, got a call from HR informing more about EXL and the interview process. I was told that there would be four interviews, two on the phone and two in person.

1st Round (Phone)
    - There one ant on each of the corners of an equilateral triangle that can walk in either direction. Lets say all the three ants stark walking, what is the probability that they do not collide.
    - There are two boxes, one has 25 red balls and one has 25 black balls. How can I arrange the balls so that I maximize the probability of picking a red ball. How can I minimize the probability of picking the red ball.
    - How would you value a company? What is higher, cost of equity or cost of debt?

2nd Round (Phone)
    - Lets say your client is a retail bank. Assume the penetration rate (average number of products used by a person) is 1, and I want to increase it to 1.5. How would I go about doing that?
    - How would you forecast sales for a retail store for the month of December using Time Series Analysis?
    - Suppose we have to transport 5000 bananas from city A to B. Distance between A and B is 1000 miles. We have an elephant who can carry 1000 bananas at the most and eats 1 banana per mile. How do we maximize the number of bananas we can transfer

3rd Round (in person)
    - How do we decide which variables to use in a regression?
    - Your client is a trucking company and their profits are declining. How would you go about assisting them
    - You want to develop a currency system to be able to pay any amount between 1 to 100. How many currency notes would you need. You cannot use duplicate notes for any amount (you cannot use two 2's to pay 4). What is the minimum number of notes needed?

4th Round (In person)
    - There are three boxes, each of them are wrongly labelled. One has red balls, one black balls, and one a mixture of red and black. You can pick one ball at a time and put it back. How many trials would it take to correctly label all boxes.
    - You have 2 eggs that if thrown from a building with 100 floors, will break from any given floor and any floor above it. You have to minimize the number of trials to determine the floor.
    - Suppose you are given a game. You roll a dice and you win whatever number is on the dice. However, after seeing the number, you can choose to roll the dice again one more time. If you roll again, you get whatever you roll on the 2nd roll and forfeit whatever came up on the 1st roll. Would you roll again? If you were to pay to play this game, how much would you be willing to pay?

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EXL Service (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I only got a first round phone interview. I applied via the job hunting system of Cornell University and got a phone interview. Begun with some basic questions and then the recruiter asked some brainstorm questions. Then an estimation question.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the average number of people visiting state parks in New York in a month   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EXL Service in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online through their posting on my university job board. I was immediately set up for a phone interview. The initial phone screen was absolutely nothing like what I was expecting. I was straight up shot with two major brain teaser problems. I really struggled with the problems, and I could have sworn that I heard my interviewer trying (not very hard) to hold back from laughing at me.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you estimate American Airlines' annual revenue?

2. You need to transport 4000 apples using an elephant over a distance of 1000 miles. The elephant cannot carry more than 1000 apples at a time and eats apples at a rate of 1 apple per mile. How would you optimize the trip to maximize the number of apples delivered?   2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EXL Service in April 2014.

Interview

phone interview first, takes about 30 minutes, went over my resume and then asked me two brain teasers. one is ask me to calculate how many balls can be filled in in a Boing 747 plane. then on-site, with two interviewers, approximately an hour.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.