Find jobs for Data Scientist

EXL Service Data Scientist Interview Questions

Updated 1 Nov 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 913 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

EXL Service

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EXL Service (Bangalore) in Oct 2022

Interview

I usually don't write reviews or post anything on social media, but this interview experience is so bad that I have to write here to alert others at least. a recruiter contacted me for the interview, and I still don't know what exactly is the role name, she just told me that it's related to data science, I asked her many times, and she finally sent some JD, which also didn't have the role name. I had a good opinion about EXL so I thought let's give it a try. there were 2 rounds in total. 1st round: the recruiter didn't even ask me for my preferred date, she just told me that this day panel would be available and there were no other slots. the day she said, was on a festival day, and it's a holiday for everyone throughout India. I still said ok and let's do it since there aren't any slots available as per the recruiter. I joined the interview meet link on time and waited for 15-20 mins, and nobody joined, so I left the meeting. she didn't even care to call me after the interview. but I called her and told her that no one showed up at the interview, and to my surprise, she told me that panel marked as "candidate didn't show up for the interview." she didn't even apologize. She again said the same thing we have only one slot available on some X day and Ironically this X day is the same as the one I have asked her before to schedule my interview, and at that time she said there's no panel available at this X day and time. but I still said ok, just to be professional and finish this thing asap. 2nd round: the same thing repeated for the second round as well. nobody showed up for the interview, and again I called her the next day and told her the same thing. and this time also, there are no apologies or whatsoever. she again repeated the same thing "we have only one slot blah blah blah" by this point, I was very frustrated, but I said okay just to wrap this thing. in the second round, the interviewer showed up 10 mins late and didn't even bother to say sorry, the interview went somewhat ok, but at the end, he didn't even ask me if I had any questions, at least for courtesy. after the interview, they literally ghosted me, i had to mail and call the HR many times to know the feedback, that also is a copy pasted reply on a mail. i have been ghosted before also, but at least after spending more than a month on this crap, i think atleast i deserved to know the feedback. I have given 100+ interviews in my life, and I rank this one at the top of my worst experiences list. very unprofessional and pathetic experience. think twice before investing your time.

Interview Questions
  • round 1: some basic SQL and Python Questions. round 2: mostly on SQL Basics.
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

EXL Service

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EXL Service in Jun 2022

Interview

Two technical interviews with standard data scientist questions about previous experience, models, feature selection, metrics, a/b testing and one logical task. Asking about all steps of end to end model development. Unfortunately, no any feedback after.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Consulting India