EXL Service Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ | Glassdoor.co.in

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sort:

Analytic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EXL Service (Jersey City, NJ (US)).

Interview

First round was a 45min phone interview, and were asked about resume related questions and some brain teasers. The next two rounds were in their Jersey office with two senior consultants. A lot of cases.

Interview Questions

• Resume related questons, why exl, excel and sas related questions   Answer Question

Analytic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EXL Service (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Got a call through a referral in 2 days. 1st was phone interview. They asked me about my background and why i want to change my job. Some brain teasers and case study. Why EXL? Note: i'm still in the interview process. This was from first round.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between charge card and credit card?   1 Answer
    • How does credit card companies/banks make money? What is the main source of making money?   Answer Question
    • 25 horses. 5 race tracks. Find the fastest 3 horses.   Answer Question
    • How many edges are there in 3D cube, 4D cube and 2D cube?   1 Answer
    • How many people are in the air in the given day in US?   1 Answer

Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EXL Service (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

One phone interview: with one manager
    One onsite interview: with two bosses

Two interviews are processed by 3 weeks. You will get information in 3 days after the interview.
    At first I recieved the rejection letter from HR but right in the afternoon he called me to inform his mistakes. I was offered the chance.

Interview Questions

• Focus on brainteaser and case study.
      Phone: use 1,3,4,6 to get 24 (2 methods). how many restaurants in NY city. How long does one athlete walk or run during a football match. Sampling from 10000 data points, make 2 dataset A and B whose size is 1000 (with replacement), how many datapoint are same between A and B

Onsite: 4 people cross the river with a boat which can take 2 people at most, make an optimal solution. How to decide the yellow light time for the traffic lights.

...   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EXL Service (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

good and relaxed interview, focusses on problem solving and apporach..number crunching and case studies are also being asked , comunication skills are also tested. Also a lot of emphasis on the referral as well. Laterals are mostly project based interviews in which they check your compatobility witht hat particular project

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EXL Service (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EXL Service, jersey city office. The process didn't take long because they were hiring a lot of people. First round was phone screening, they asked about your resume and gave me a case. Second round was on site interview, there were multiple case and behavior questions.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EXL Service (Jersey City, NJ (US)).

Interview

Applied through a referral, got a call from HR informing more about EXL and the interview process. I was told that there would be four interviews, two on the phone and two in person.

1st Round (Phone)
    - There one ant on each of the corners of an equilateral triangle that can walk in either direction. Lets say all the three ants stark walking, what is the probability that they do not collide.
    - There are two boxes, one has 25 red balls and one has 25 black balls. How can I arrange the balls so that I maximize the probability of picking a red ball. How can I minimize the probability of picking the red ball.
    - How would you value a company? What is higher, cost of equity or cost of debt?

2nd Round (Phone)
    - Lets say your client is a retail bank. Assume the penetration rate (average number of products used by a person) is 1, and I want to increase it to 1.5. How would I go about doing that?
    - How would you forecast sales for a retail store for the month of December using Time Series Analysis?
    - Suppose we have to transport 5000 bananas from city A to B. Distance between A and B is 1000 miles. We have an elephant who can carry 1000 bananas at the most and eats 1 banana per mile. How do we maximize the number of bananas we can transfer

3rd Round (in person)
    - How do we decide which variables to use in a regression?
    - Your client is a trucking company and their profits are declining. How would you go about assisting them
    - You want to develop a currency system to be able to pay any amount between 1 to 100. How many currency notes would you need. You cannot use duplicate notes for any amount (you cannot use two 2's to pay 4). What is the minimum number of notes needed?

4th Round (In person)
    - There are three boxes, each of them are wrongly labelled. One has red balls, one black balls, and one a mixture of red and black. You can pick one ball at a time and put it back. How many trials would it take to correctly label all boxes.
    - You have 2 eggs that if thrown from a building with 100 floors, will break from any given floor and any floor above it. You have to minimize the number of trials to determine the floor.
    - Suppose you are given a game. You roll a dice and you win whatever number is on the dice. However, after seeing the number, you can choose to roll the dice again one more time. If you roll again, you get whatever you roll on the 2nd roll and forfeit whatever came up on the 1st roll. Would you roll again? If you were to pay to play this game, how much would you be willing to pay?

Internal Audit Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EXL Service (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and one face to face interview. The phone interview was not your average HR screening. It was an actual interview with people from the team you will be working with. Face to face interview took about 40 minutes and was really straight forward. The goal of both interviews is to see what your experience is, what your goals are, and whether you should be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience. Why EXL Service and why now? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Human Resources Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EXL Service (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone interviewed which went well. She expressed a lot of interest and wanted me to come in the next day for face to face interview. I explained that I could not re-arrange my schedule that quickly. I told her I could make arrangements the following week. She said she would see if that was acceptable. I didn't hear from her the next day so I emailed. No response or call....ever. It's totally unprofessional to invite someone into interview and expect them to come with less than 24 hrs notice and then to never follow up again. Shoddy HR practice.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. It was a biographical interview reviewing my experience.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EXL Service (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

I submitted online application in October, and interviewed in November 2012 by telephone with an internal Recruiter (who was just out of college). The interview went well, and the recruiter indicated that the hiring manager would like to speak to me the following week by telephone, and indicated that there would be at least 2 on-site interviews if progressing. I indicated that this was fine, and provided my availability for a telephone call. The call was re-scheduled three times, with the last time from the Recruiter saying that the manager's schedule is full and she will accommodate me some other time. I never heard back from the recruiter again. I waited three weeks and sent a short follow-up email; no response. In January 2013, I noticed that EXL reposted the position as a lower-level position; it would have been nice to know that they are no longer offering the role.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - but it was an hour-long biographic interview   Answer Question

Junior Associate - Operations & Process Excellence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EXL Service (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview. Interviewer talked about his background, then I walked him through the resume. Easy business case, and interviewer was patient to guide you thorough. No brainteaser. Finally there was an questions and answer session. Lasted for 30 to 45 min

Interview Questions

• Easy about the business case, but be prepared to tell stories about how operations excellency was achieved in your past experience   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.