EXL Service Senior Analytics Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

EXL Service Senior Analytics Consultant Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Analytics Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EXL Service in July 2017.

Interview

A recruiter called me after she saw my profile on a job portal. I found the job description interesting and appropriate to my background and prior experience. She mentioned there would be 3 rounds of interviews. Interview 1 would be general with some case study questions and on my background.
Interview 1 was conducted over telephone by another Senior Analytics Consultant (I found this weird!) alone, who had considerably lesser work experience than I had. Not that experience is everything but he surely did not have any experience with interviewing. He was extremely rude and arrogant. He began by bragging about himself - what he does, his education from an elite university etc.
He would ask me a question and 30 secs into my answer he would cut me off and say "that's a wrong answer". Wrong answer?? In a case study interview, there is no right or wrong answer - the approach is what is important.
And the worst part which I have never ever experienced in any interview so far - this guy was eating (making loud noises) while interviewing me. This really put me off and raised questions on the professionalism at this company.
Halfway into the interview I decided not to continue with this opportunity. I was called by the recruiter to schedule the next interview, which I have now declined.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EXL Service

Senior Analytics Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EXL Service.

Interview

First round of interview was scheduled through a recruiter. Interviewer asked me about my current projects, a case study and few puzzles in the end. I was answering most of the questions and interviewer was also not making lot of cross questions. I thought answers are satisfactory and interview was good but no response in the end.

Interview Questions

• What did u do in the project (from resume)?   1 Answer

Senior Analytics Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at EXL Service in June 2017.

Interview

A recruiter informed me about the positions with EXL in NY/NJ areas. I had 3 telephonic interviews. Interviews were well structured and EXL know what they want from candidate.

I really loved the interview process. They made me think, analyze, speak my thoughts. It wasn't like other monotonous companies asking for only previous projects and experience.

Interview 1: puzzle, business case, guess estimate
    Interview 2: Analytics, Domain and Projects. It was by a Senior Manager
    Interview 3: It was by a VP. It was primarily about analytics projects , analytics basics. He was poised. He did not give any indications about result, and kept it for later decision.

I was positive I would get it and I would add great value to this company and it's client. Unfortunately I haven't heard back from them. Even staffing agency tried to get interview result, he hasn't been able to get any response. other candidates who went through this staffing agency also did not hear back from EXL.

Ambitious company like EXL should atleast drop a note about interview result or their strategy. Keeping mum doesn't suit them.

Anyways, if you get an offer from this company, stick to it, your value will grow.

Interview Questions

• Strategies to identify fraud customers of a subscription based website   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.