EXL Service Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

EXL Service Tax Associate Interview Questions

2.4

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore Rural

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EXL Service (Bangalore Rural) in February 2016.

Interview

it was college placement they had given us training on canada taxation for about a week then test based on training was held. overall participation in the training session and marks scored communication skills was taken in to the consideration.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for EXL Service

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EXL Service (Bengaluru) in December 2016.

Interview

it was from college placement and it took a day and i need to join on jan 2 and training was provided you have just take care of your managers and lisen what ever they say then you will grow and if you dont know also you will be the best employee.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EXL Service (Bengaluru) in November 2013.

Interview

went for walk in drive for Tax associate
    took a week overall 3 rounds of Interview
    written followed by ops round
    after couple of days got call for Managerial round. which is quite interesting
    Interviewed by Sohil Patel an energetic personality with sound knowledge of TAX .
    Great experience working with him and my first job with friendly manager.

Interview Questions

• General accounting and tax slabs and few personal questions about family and friends   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at EXL Service in December 2014.

Interview

I ATTENDED A WALK-IN DRIVE CONDUCTED ON 20TH DECEMBER 2014.
    1. THE FIRST ROUND - was an ONLINE APTITUDE TEST. It consisted of 6 sections namely, Indian Accounts, Indian taxes, US taxes, English, Excel, and a case study. The test was fairly simple and easy.

2. THE SECOND ROUND - was a F2F interview. After the self introduction and resume drill, i was briefed about the shifts available, the cab facility, and the contract involved. ie, the job was on temporary basis until may 2015. i was also told that if a candidate performed well he/she would be taken into other processes in the company after may 2015.
    And the questions asked in this round were relating to accounting and taxation.
    some of them were:
    a) What are the different heads of income under our tax system?
    b) What are the deductions available under income from house property?
    c) what are direct and indirect taxes? give examples.
    d) what are rates of taxes applicable to individuals?
    e) what is depreciation and amortization?
    f) what are prepaid and outstanding expenses?
    g) what is debt-equity ratio, current ratio, quick ratio?
    h) Explain your MBA project and graduation degree project. What were the findings?
    i) Write journal entries for purchase of clinical equipment worth 1000 by a doctor, receipt of fees worth 3000 and travelling expenses of 1000 incurred by doctor.

3. THE THIRD ROUND - was a F2F interview with the manager. Most of the questions were relating to accounts and taxes. some of them were:
    a) Questions relating to the previous rounds.
    b) What are bills payable, outstanding expenses?and their treatment in financial statements.
    c) Explain deductions under section 80 c?
    d) What is the last date to file it returns?
    e) Expand PAN, CBDT.
    f) Calculate depreciation on an asset worth 5000 at 5% using WDV method.
    g) Write journal entries: purchase of a machine worth 10000, depreciation on which is 1000, and this machine is eventually sold for 7000. Also arrive at net profit/loss from this transaction.
    h) Give 3 reasons why should i hire you?
    i) What do you know about EXL?
    j) When is the earliest you can join?

Interview Questions

• Mostly easy but Journal Entries could be a tad bit confusing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EXL Service (Bengaluru) in December 2015.

Interview

there were 2 rounds only 1 was performance test which was online includes 5 segment case study,tax,accounts,grammar,excel. you have to secure 50% average. test level was very difficult we were 90 on that day out of which only 12 got shortlisted I also cleared. next was pi the worst round I ever had they asked 10 question to me and I answered 10 out of 10 accurately. Then they called me rattu at that time. They asked me some questions about MS excel I said I know pivot macros vlookup hlookup they said we don't know that much how can you know. Then they start searching for my experience in my cv. I said u heard about google studied and learnt from there. Then again he called me rattu..after that he asked if I going to teach you something how many times I have to teach you ...I said 1 to 2 times depends upon the nature of the work. I am also a human. then he asked in how many days you will forget that concept? I said if I stopped working on that segment then may be in 2 or 3 month I may lost the fluency. He said at least you are honest.my suggestion They taking only their family members..don't go for interview better go somewhere else. bloody idiots they are.

Interview Questions

• tax slabs, income heads, some excel formulas, accrued income, about yourself, about your skills,etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at EXL Service (Bengaluru).

Interview

I attended many interviews of different company but i have not seen any companies which conducts aptitude test by giving the answers in question paper.But it happened in Exl Service Bangalore.I really dont know what bull s**t standard this organization, management or HR heads are maintaining and following.In a garment industry we can find better HR and Management than EXL Service.

Interview Questions

Exl Service has no standard in any terms.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EXL Service (Bengaluru) in August 2011.

Interview

written test and pi

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.