Egon Zehnder Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 28 Jan 2019

2.6

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Lots of interviews. Very process oriented. Look for detail orientation, ability to do mundane things and find interest in them, interpersonal skills. Case: make sure you make sense of everything you are thinking. its about how you think about the person. For me it was a CEO resume and whether his qualifications would match a job description. If you don't like that don't do the job because that is what you do all day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to multitask under pressure.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Egon Zehnder

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2008.

Interview

Your typical consultant agency. Heavy on Research so be prepared with market trends, up to date business deals that took place. Basically know what is going on concerning the company

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview of about 30 minutes in length, which was made up primarily of behavioral and informational questions. Next, I was notified by email that I was invited to interview in their office down town the following week. This interview was roughly 3 hours, and was the conglomeration of 2 1:1 interviews and a group interview, as well as a written skills test. The interviewers were all extremely kind and their personalities/enthusiasm were one of the deciding factors in my decision to accept their offer. I met with my supervisor, a leading consultant as well as two research associates that will work with me during my internship. Altogether, I had a very positive experience interviewing with EZI, and I expect that it was indicative of the time I am to spend there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a project start to finish. What was the situation? How did you address the problem? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Atlanta, GA (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

I applied to the internship program which was prepared for the first time but it appears that they will continue doing it every year. It is usually for the Spring Semesters where they take a bunch of interns in each office location provide them with a very good training and select about 30% of interns at the end of the internship to offer a full-time position.
    I had a half an hour phone interview first with two Research Associates then I was brought to their office for a round of interviews which included the Research Associates and the Head of Research. After explaining a bit about the company they allowed me to speak for more than half an hour about myself, interests and accomplishments. They are very nice and friendly. Goodlooking peole and very well dressed up so I guess you cannot expect to dress casual and always take care of you appearance.
    Also, they kind of want to learn about your personality, your interests and goals and they explained that the hierarchy at the company is very horizontal. No technical questions were asked. The only thing they asked me to do is do a reasoning exercice where I was given a text and a resume I needed to comment on. It was very easy and they informed me that they were impressed. Then I was invited for a second round but it wasn't an interview just meeting the consultants and partners at the office.

Interview Questions

• You come from a technical background why are you interested in doing some qualitative work instead.   1 Answer

I wanted to join but as an international student my employment authorization document got delayed and for that reason they couldn't accomodate me since they waned me to start at a certain date as they seem to have invested heavily in their training program. The pay wasn't going to be great (12 USD an hour).

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder.

Interview

First a behavioral interview that lasted about 40 minutes, then a situational interview where I went through the process of figuring out who to hire for a position. No group interview and each interview was with one analyst from Egon Zehnder. Total interview time was 1.5 hours and was held at my university.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about the process of finding someone for ____ position at _____ company.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (New York, NY (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Typical corporate interview: Round 1 Phone Interview, Round 2 Face to Face. The phone call was around 30 minutes and it was with a young research analyst. They focused on past internship experiences and asked for several examples of when I had solved problems, worked in groups, overcome failure etc. I had time to ask my own questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Why Egon? How did you interact with superiors? How have you dealt with failure in the work place?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder (Gurgaon, Haryana).

Interview

The process began with a call from a consultancy regarding an opening for "Data Executive" profile. Interview was scheduled and i reached their office on time. The recruiter there went through my resume and asked me some basic questions. She told me there was no opening for the profile I had come for but they could consider me for Research Analyst. It made me wonder what kind of firm does that! Yes I decided to go ahead and was handed over the sheets for the written test. Another test based on computer followed and I was told that I was done for the day. I received a call after the weekend telling me that I had cleared the initial rounds and was needed the next day to appear for further face-to-face interviews. I made myself available and was interviewed by HR head first and then the Research head. Subsequently I was told that I had cleared both the rounds and would soon receive the offer for joining. The catch is there was never a mention of salary or anything. I waited for 2 weeks during which i was repeatedly told over the phone that the paper work was stuck and would be sorted soon. Ultimately they tell me I have not been cleared by the research head. What happened in the 2 weeks?

Interview Questions

• The interviews were simple with no difficult questions as such. But its important to know that Business research is quite different from Science based research   2 Answers

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder in May 2010.

Interview

Due to my experience, I heard back from a representative of the company in less than 48 hours after I applied. I have had one telephone interview and have heard nothing from them since that time. Perhaps it's too early to tell. The interviewer was cordial, professional, and was informative as to the task I would be performing, should I receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you will be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder in April 2009.

Interview

Very comfortable and a relaxing interview. Got to meet the staff working there in the office. Went through basic behavorial questions and by the end of it, I was pretty sure that I landed a job with them.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Egon Zehnder in April 2010.

Interview

The interview process for the Research Analyst position was pretty lengthy. It consisted of a 45min phone interview and then two on site interviews where I had 4 1:1 interviews. Interviews consisted of people in the analyst, associate, head of research, consultant, and partner positions. Overall the interviews were repetitive.

Interview Questions

• Talk about leadership qualities, time management skills, etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated based on my years of experience and high cost of living in the area.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.