Epic Games Community Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Epic Games

1 Interview Review

4.0

Community Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Games in November 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after applying online. This was followed by a phone screen with the recruiter, which was honestly the best part of my experience! Max was awesome. The interview felt like a conversation, and he was very engaging, knowledgeable, and seemed genuinely interested in my answers. Really good representation of the brand. At the end of the call, he scheduled an interview with the hiring manager, and later let me know that he had added another hiring manager that was looking for a Community Coordinator, too. Unfortunately I had to let him know that I didn't have a ton of experience with the other product (which is why I didn't apply for that role), but that I'd be happy to interview with them.

The second interview was okay, I was asked a lot of questions about myself and my experience with community. I enjoyed talking to both hiring managers, but was pretty peeved that they were both on their phones pretty consistently throughout the entire interview. When one manager asked a question, the other was doing something on his phone. I put a lot of effort into preparing for the interview, and it didn't feel very respectful. I felt kind of guilty for asking as many questions as I did at the end of the interview, because it was pretty evident that they felt like they had more important things to be tending to.

I then moved on to a third interview with a coordinator and another person I'd be working with, but for the Community role with the team I hadn't applied for. This interview was so rough. I felt like I was being drilled. I don't think either of them smiled. It was really obvious that the coordinator hadn't received any interview training prior to the interview. I was asked a lot of questions incredibly specific to the product itself (that I had been transparent about not having a lot of experience in), and they seemed disappointed.

Ultimately I was told that I wasn't a good fit for the team, but that I'd be considered for the team that I had originally applied for. At this point I decided to withdraw my application, because I didn't get a great impression and given the impression, couldn't see myself moving across the country and working 50-55 hours/week with them.

I'm still a huge fan of Epic and the fact that they consistently put their community at the forefront. Regardless of how my interview went, I have a ton of respect for the individuals that I interviewed with and think that they're doing amazing work!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.