Epic Games IT Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Epic Games

1 Interview Review

4.0

IT Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Games (Cary, NC (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview process is lengthy and thorough. I was referred through a recruiter. Unfortunately, I did not get the position. Total process from first phone interview to final decision was about 3 weeks (This was during the Christmas season)

The first contact you'll have is with Emily (Phone). She's extremely pleasant and reasonably technical. She will go over your resume with you and ask non-technical questions about your job history. She will also ask if you're familiar with Epic games, what kinds of activities you do outside of work, and ask about why you want to work at Epic. Emily is very professional, and she's very clear about the position's requirements.

After Emily, you'll speak with the manager of your Department (Phone). In my case, that was Eli, the IT Director. Eli is more technical, and will dive deeper into your previous experience and qualifications. This phase did not include any specific technical questions, only requests for further elaboration on the technologies you have experience with. He will also probe you about familiarity with other technologies that are likely used at Epic.

Finally, you'll speak with a number of members that will be your co-workers (Google Video Call). I spoke with an IT Systems Engineer and an IT Security Engineer. These engineers will ask for more detail about specific aspects of your resume, and ask questions designed to test your knowledge. These questions can vary based on your responses, but generally they'll try to ask difficult questions for areas that you claim to be strong in, and lighter questions on areas that you claim to be weaker on. These guys are smart, and this final phase of the interview is the most stressful. I felt like they were measuring technical knowledge as well as cultural fit.

Overall the process is fairly long, and very in depth. Epic prides itself on finding the perfect person for each position, and they're willing to be patient to do that. While I was ultimately very disappointing that I did not get an offer, I have a great appreciation for the amount of effort and care that goes into the process. I was given constructive feedback after their decision was made, and I hope to be considered again in the future for a similar position.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.