Epsilon Interview Questions

Updated 4 Feb 2016

2.7

Vice President Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

good intro by the HR person, however, the rest of the team seemed uninterested and disengaged in the overall process. After the interviews were completed there was no followup even though the HR person promised to get back either directly or through the recruiter within three days. Seemed that the company is not organized well in terms of what they are really looking for.

Interview Questions

Epsilon Response

15 Jan 2016 – HR

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your honest comments regarding our interview process and follow-up. This is something we are actively working to measure and improve in 2016, and your ... More

Creative Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Epsilon (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was as simple as having a conversation about advertising and the future of agencies. I was very surprised by the creative director to approach the interview with interest on the different perspectives on starting a project in collaboration with the different teams. In my opinion this should be the exact way to get to know a future candidate and start forgetting the recruiters old fashioned system.

Interview Questions

• How would I manage a project from start if I had to deal directly with accounts department.   1 Answer

3 Feb 2016 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for your review! Your detail of the interview and your perspective on the content was very helpful. We wish you the best of luck with your job search, and hope that you keep Epsilon in mind ... More

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a brief panel discussion with Associate Account Executives currently in the role. From there candidates were divided into individual interview rooms and met with a varied of different account executives and managers. Very discussion based interview process and laid back.

Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough, and enjoyable. I met the recruiter at my college career fair. My resume was approved for the first round for an on-campus interview. Prior to the interview I took part of a Webex that explained into further detail what Epsilon was and the type of work they did. The on-campus interview took place the next day, and it was very laid back and conversational. I was contacted by a recruiter the following week for the second and final round, which would take place 2-3 weeks later. The final round was very intensive, but understandable how in-depth it was. Along with myself was 2 other candidates. We got a tour of the facility, then talked to employees that were in the New Grad Program right now. We then got split up into different rooms, and had the 5 interviewers rotate between us. The process overall took 2.5 hours. Everyone was very kind and courteous throughout the whole process. For anyone going through the process, do not be nervous if you do not have SQL or software background. They are more concerned if you are a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any background or software? Or do you know anything SQL?   Answer Question
    • What would you do when you have too much on your plate?   Answer Question

Vice President, Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Very straightforward - but a long time ago. I've been with the company for more than six years. This is not an unusual tenure - there are plenty of people who have been around awhile. They like it.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary - we were focused on the industry and commonalities   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straightforward.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA (US)).

Interview

Had a phone screen and was then called in to interview in person with 3 members. I was being considered for 2 different positions which were closely related but Epsilon seemed focused on talking about the less senior role. I heard nothing from Epsilon for over a month when they contacted me again to come in and meet with 3 more people. I had to ask which role I was being considered for. Apparently after my first round of interviews, my background was reviewed with a larger group and they now wanted me to talk to a totally different group. It was very frustrating but I really enjoyed talking with the hiring manager and thought things went well. However, the hiring manager's supervisor had the final say and at the end of my interview, he threw out a brain teaser that he expected me to answer. I know that this is an interview tool to see how well you think on your feet, think outside the box, etc. but after 3 hours of interviewing, my brain was fried. I was told I could think about it and email him with an answer when my initial responses were incorrect. I did think of an answer on my way home but at that point, I wasn't that interested in the job enough to respond back. It's now been over a month since that second interview and the company hasn't even bothered to inform me that I'm no longer being considered. I find that really rude considering I invested 6 hours to onsite interviews with them.

Interview Questions

• Watch out for brain teasers as it seems to be a company standard. I overheard an employee talking with the receptionist about the question he asked in an interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

Two rounds - pretty basic Java OOP Principles and classes. Both were phone screens. Also had a phone call with the HR too talking about the basic recruiting process, pay, and other benefits. Was offered an offer at Boston office as a software developer intern. The work culture was good and the interview process was very easy and not that hard to crack if you are good with the basic coding principles.

Interview Questions

• Java C++ main difference? Map-reduce Hadoop OOP principles-list them   Answer Question

Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my University and my request for an interview was accepted. I interviewed with someone who went through the same process about a year before. It was a very relaxed interview. Most of the questions were behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't understand how to do something your supervisor assigned to you?   Answer Question

3 Feb 2016 – Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for your review, and for feedback on our Campus Interviewing process. We wish you the best of luck in your career search and hope that you will keep Epsilon in mind for ... More

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

The screening with HR was very general and casual. Very direct and relaxed. Multiple interviews during each round. The hiring manager went with another candidate with less industry specific experience.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Epsilon (Cincinnati, OH (US)).

Interview

Recruiter with the company called pretty fast and setup a technical screening. Technical screening was fairly straightforward, but setup in a way that if you missed a question on a topic, they moved on to the next topic. This is fairly traditional, but the interviewer would audibly sigh when you wouldn't state all the possible answers or you don't know a topic. You have my resume, why would you sigh when you ask me about something I don't have experience with? There were also several topics which were not in the job posting, which I also did not have on my resume. Overall, one of the more unprofessional interviews I've been involved with.