Equal Experts Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Equal Experts Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Equal Experts.

Interview

1. Phone interview w. HR/Resourcing - most professional interview with a HR person I've ever had. One of the view places where HR/Resourcing actually have a clue what the people they place actually do. Also very approachable.
2. In-person interview with peers (Business Analysts)
Again, one of the most professional interviews I've had: The interview was based on a chat about generic skills and also a small case study. The former was a very professional chat that allowed the interviewers to understand my level of experience, style of working and personality, and vice versa. This was rather a professional chat than a 'box ticking / follow the given questions' interview. The case study, again, was not a test to tick boxes and look for defined answers but simply a mechanism to instill discussion.
3. Interview with engagement manager for respective client/project
Once a basic expertise and culture fit has been established this chat was more about seeing the fit for a specific project.

The was certainly the most professional interview process I've been through and made me immediately want to work with those people. (I have previously interviewed with some of the big traditional IT consultancies and their interview process is bureaucratic, box ticking, overly formal and does no-where near give that level of insight for both sides).

Interview Questions

• - Background / Previous experience (not too important)
    - Basic Business Analyst skills
    - Case-study based discussion   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Equal Experts

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Manchester City Centre, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I was referred to the position by an existing Equal Experts Associate (Contractor), whom i'd worked with before. But I still had to go through the same interview process that external applicants would need to go through. Equal Experts (EE) have a thorough vetting process which is in 3 stages:
    1. Phone interview with one of their 'People Managers' - bit like an agency interview, but with someone who actually knows what they are talking about from a technical perspective!
    2. Face to Face interview with two of your peers, so in my case this was two Business Analysts. This interview began with a scenario based 'role play'. I was given a business scenario to read through for 20 mins and prepare some questions to ask of the role play "Scrum Master" & "Product owner"... then having found the information needed, I was left for another 20 minutes to produce some User stories that could be used to implement the business scenario. Following a quick presentation of the UCs to the interviewers (in role play mode!)... there was then a 'hats off' more general discussion about some past experiences. This was the toughest of the 3 interviews.
    3. The third stage (having passed the previous two) is an interview with one of EEs partners. I successful you will be representing EE on client sites... therefore the business partners need to ensure that you are a good fit to represent their company.

As a contractor with 17 years of previous contracting experience I can say that this was the most thorough interview process for a contract role. This process is in place to ensure that the associates the EE work with do actually have the relevant experience for the roles.

Having been successful in getting through the interview process and starting to work with EE associates I can now see why their recruitment process is as thorough.... you get to work with some really good 'switched on' and motivated people.

Interview Questions

• Produce some example Use Cases (with some Acceptance Criteria) from a given business scenario   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Step 1 - phone interview
    Step 2 - practical interview to assess technical ability
    Step 3 - final interview with a partner to assess cultural fit

I fell at the second hurdle and never made it to Step 3. Although I failed te interview, it didn't feel the interview was that challenging - any BA with real agile experience should be familiar with the scenario and should be able to give the interview a good go.

Interview Questions

• A one page scenario was put to me, I was then given 20 minutes to prepare for a requirements workshop with the PO and technical lead (played by the interviewers) for the mock project.

Following the 20 minute 'workshop' I was then given further 20 minutes to plan and organise resulting user stories, I would then replay the stories my approach to the project with the PO and technical lead.   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.