Equal Experts Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 6 May 2019

Sort:

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in October 2017.

Interview

Took approx 2 weeks to finish the interview process part delay was from my side as well due to work time.

I was interviewed at Pune location in Oct 2017. I was greeted well at their office.

First round was coding (paired) and 2nd round was more of technical discussion. 3rd Round was a telephonic discussion with one their abroad based employee. 4th round meeting with Director. And Finally offer.

1st coding round was a breeze, I was asked to code a shopping cart using any frameworks.
    It was smooth since the interviewer was easy going and he used to suggest me how I can make this even better. I like his positive approach.

2nd round technical discussion was I would say easy, since they were really happy to talk with me about technologies they work and they asked me what tech i work and prefer. I didnt knew few things but they were ok with that, since they made me comfortable by asking me what I know rather than what I dont.

3rd round was after few days over telephone (more technical discussion)

4th Meeting again at their workplace, kind of a personality and behaviour round with Director and HR.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)).

Interview

First I had a phone call interview, where I was asked about my experiences and skills.
    Then I had to complete a "FizzBuzz" coding test using TDD, which the company cares a lot, and send them by email.
    Some days later I had a pair programming session with a senior developer member of the company's team. We had to find the solution for a problem that he brought. I failed because my code was not very good structured.

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in July 2016.

Interview

Unlike other IT companies in Pune, Equal expert has very unique interview process. No matter if you get the offer or not, you will feel positive at the end.

Typical interview starts with a Code pairing round, where you have to write a code preferably using TDD to solve a real life problem. This round takes around 90 minutes.

2nd round is technical round where you will be asked to design some application. 3rd round is Managerial round and then HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 4 rounds..1st round was aptitude test 2nd round was basic technical round 3rd was technical round in which they check depth of your knowledge and 4th round was HR round

Interview Questions

• design a quiz management system in which they asked for data structures as well as databases which can be used   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune).

Interview

Equal Experts visited our campus. The entire process took just 1 day. The company has a very unique flat structure when it comes to management. They call themselves experts and they true to that. The people are extremely extremely friendly and helpful. If at any point you get stuck they will help you out. The HR is kind enough and sweet to give you your interview feedback. The rounds are Resume Screening, 2 Technical F2F Interviews and 1 one pair programming one. They might conduct additional rounds if they think you have the capacity and were not up to the mark in an interview. Overall it was a very good experience. In most of the Interviews they started with your BE project only. Prepare Java, Databases especially Mysql, UML Diagrams and OOPs concepts. In pair programming found they expect you to use either Java or C++ but not C.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)) in August 2015.

Interview

Houve uma entrevista telefónica inicial de triagem e submeti um teste de programação (FizzBuzz com um “twist”) feito offline, sem limite de tempo, para posterior avaliação. Neste teste há que ter especial atenção aos “unit tests” a sério, pois uma coisa feita à posteriori só porque é pedido muito provavelmente não vai passar.

Seguiu-se uma longa chama em conferência com 1 pessoa onde se falou da minha experiência profissional e se debateram os prós e contras de soluções técnicas para alguns caso particulares.

Depois fiz uma sessão de “paring” com um técnico bastante sénior na empresa, onde implementamos um conversor de inteiros em numeração romana. A chave aqui é não consideram isto um “teste” mas sim abordar a sessão como uma colaboração e diálogo com um colega para resolver um problema. Afinal trabalhar em “pairing” é o dia-a-dia em muitos dos projectos da empresa.

Finalmente houve uma entrevista final por tele-conferência com um sócio da empresa, onde o foco principal foi o ajuste cultural com os valores da empresa.

Interview Questions

• Como implementarias o sistema para suportar um serviço de “url shorteners”?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Equal Experts.

Interview

1. Phone interview w. HR/Resourcing - most professional interview with a HR person I've ever had. One of the view places where HR/Resourcing actually have a clue what the people they place actually do. Also very approachable.
    2. In-person interview with peers (Business Analysts)
    Again, one of the most professional interviews I've had: The interview was based on a chat about generic skills and also a small case study. The former was a very professional chat that allowed the interviewers to understand my level of experience, style of working and personality, and vice versa. This was rather a professional chat than a 'box ticking / follow the given questions' interview. The case study, again, was not a test to tick boxes and look for defined answers but simply a mechanism to instill discussion.
    3. Interview with engagement manager for respective client/project
    Once a basic expertise and culture fit has been established this chat was more about seeing the fit for a specific project.

The was certainly the most professional interview process I've been through and made me immediately want to work with those people. (I have previously interviewed with some of the big traditional IT consultancies and their interview process is bureaucratic, box ticking, overly formal and does no-where near give that level of insight for both sides).

Interview Questions

• - Background / Previous experience (not too important)
      - Basic Business Analyst skills
      - Case-study based discussion   Answer Question

Developer/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1. Screening Telephone Call - general overview of CV etc.. nothing technical
    2. Timed Coding Test from home

I rushed a solution. They want a very simple implementation, good design, extendable, tested, easy to comprehend.

Interview Questions

• FizzBuzz timed test - with a couple of twists   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in February 2015.

Interview

First round is telephonic round, next they take Coding interview (aka Pairing round or pair programming round)at their office and then technical and then Directory round if all of the previous ones are cleared. Equal experts focused on pair programming, thinking about now and not future but code should be extendable for future, GRASP, KISS, SOLID,DRY, Open Closed priniciple concept and Junit testing during pairing round.In the technical interview they focused on my current project and data modelling and coding approach on the problem they gave me to solve.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a parking system where you need to allot a space when a car enters and free it up when it leaves. When car leaves no interaction is required between car and parking alloter/guard.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process is well organized and the candidate is drilled on his basic IQ abilities as well as his technical abilities in order to confirm his fit with the organization.

Generally IQ test followed by screening and detail interview rounds are conducted for fresh college graduates.

A questions may also be asked to judge cultural fitment with organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about different data structures choices you made while implementing the solution in your project?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.