Equal Experts Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 6 May 2019

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in February 2019.

Interview

3 rounds:
    1. Very enjoyable code pairing round with appropriate time allocated to solve a design problem. Appropriate and rewarding application of TDD approach.
    2. General technical discussion along with design discussions.
    3. Final discussion to discuss culture, aspirations, thought process, and fitment.

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

1. Initial screening and run-down through the CV
    2. Develop an Automation framework to test\uncover issues on web page
    3. Face 2 Face Technical interview
    4. Face 2 Face interview with client Partner -

Interview Questions

• Mostly Agile related questions and how agile works in your project, the discussion seems very casual at this point. I had been asked one of the question like when\who estimate the sprint task.   1 Answer

Delivery Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)).

Interview

A recruiter contacted me. First interview was with HR. Second was onsite with two delivery managers in some dark basement office. Very robotic - the whole thing was a scenario based exercise which was too open ended - their answers to questions for clarification the same. To my understanding they have one method fits all to build projects and that's all what this was about - the interviewers had no technical knowledge.
    Apart from that nothing about the company, what these guys do, no questions at all about me or my experience. When I asked questions, very vague answers with no information - we're talking basic stuff here, like what projects do you work on. Overall one of the worst interviews I've been - I did not continue the process.

Interview Questions

Interview

Initial call with HR followed by role play with your interviews on site.
    Everyone was very friendly, the process was smooth and feedback provided quickly when asked for it. Job specs was not discussed in detail but at this point its about being able to showcase your skills

Interview Questions

• Give the case, what do you think are the main issues nd how would you solve   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Bengaluru) in October 2018.

Interview

Interview process had 3 rounds. Overall, an excellent experience but HR side was a major pain point. The whole process took more than a month and on final round HR tried too much to negotiate. I was willing to join at 15% hike and within-in 15 minutes of receiving the offer letter. I was holding a much better offer in terms of salary but I liked the technical side of the company and was too keen on joining. All the technical people are really easy going there and were nice and supportive. If you know your basics and TDD then you should not need any preparation. Just go there and expect a healthy discussion and if you don't know something the interviewer will fill in the gaps. It is unlike most other companies where interviewer just copies questions from geeksfor geeks and has no clue about it. Think about the interview like you are meeting some old friends and getting their help solving some of your tech. problems.

HR couldn't help but play games, made me wait for 2 days and gave the offer on phone verbally and insisted on accepting before they could actually send a formal letter. Disregarded the initially agreed compensation and asked me to join at 0% hike. Rejected immediately and asked her to terminate the process right there.

Great waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Round 1. Work from Home assignment to implement a shopping cart.
      Round 2. Pairing round with a Lead Engineer to refactor and add more features to the round 1 assignment.
      Round 3. Design & Architecture round with Business Unit Head and One Other Senior Engineer.
        3.1 One question on explaining current project's architecture with possible alternate design.
        3.2 Design an app which lets user search for all the possible offers available at nearby Merchants. Followed by schema design in SQL and NoSQL. Usual scalability questions here and there.
      Round 4. HR discussion for salary.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in August 2018.

Interview

I faced one technical telephonic round and one practical round. Pratical is like one buddy is assigned to check my ways of doing things like how to initiate a project, TDD approach, etc. Telephonic was too easy.

Interview Questions

• Which architecture is good to use?
      What are Services in Android? Why to use IntentService?
      Why use RxJava?
      Should we do TDD?
      Which databases you used?
      How to make your apk and db safe?
      Why Android introduced RecyclerView over ListView?
      Which one do you prefer: adding views dynamically or through xml?

Practical
      Create a whatsapp type basic chat app with random static response.
      4 user stories were given.
      Writing test was compulsory for all user stories.   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)) in April 2017.

Interview

Detailed but not intensive process. Very balanced. It starts with a phone screen, than a offline challenge, a pair programming challenge on site and a last interview about architecture. You can show your skills at any stage of the process and its a very casual but serious process.

Interview Questions

• TDD and architecture are 2 main keys you need to be aware when performing the challenges   Answer Question

Senior S/W Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)) in January 2018.

Interview

It had 3 parts:
    1 - a phone discussion
    2 - a programming task with a review later (some comments I really did not agree)
    3 - a programming assignment in an interview with 2 persons.

Interview Questions

• Pick a programming language and start coding a few basic request. They were so basic that in the end didn't make any scene.   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in August 2018.

Interview

1. [screening] was send with a step wise problem statement to solve and submit [ they were looking object oriented design principles and programming practices, code smells.]

2. Pair programming - continuation from the earlier problem, there will be a EE person to pair with who will actually code with you and help guide the problem with the same motive of OODP.

3. Design Discussion - will be asked about your current project role, problem solving skills, and then was given with a board problem to solve.

Interview Questions

• 1. Shopping cart
      2. Current project design.
      3. Design discussion on board game [snake and ladder] itteratavelly starting with basic scenario and adding compexity.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Equal Experts.

Interview

The interview process was a very prolonged one! finally if you have some energy left and things go well you are hired. Not sure if they really go by what experience you have or just fill up numbers.

Interview Questions

• Skillset, technologies you worked on, hands-on practices   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.