Equal Experts Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Equal Experts Interview Questions

Interviews at Equal Experts

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Equal Experts.

Interview

The interview process was a very prolonged one! finally if you have some energy left and things go well you are hired. Not sure if they really go by what experience you have or just fill up numbers.

Interview Questions

• Skillset, technologies you worked on, hands-on practices   Answer Question

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Bengaluru) in April 2018.

Interview

Initially HR had a brief introduction about the company and its values. There was a prompt follow up invite for a technical round followed by pair programming session post which, there is a round with the business leadership. The whole process was pretty quick and took around a week to finish.

Interview Questions

• Agile/Scrum, BDD, OOPS, Selenium, API Testing, CI/CD, Git   Answer Question

Senior S/W Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)) in January 2018.

Interview

It had 3 parts:
    1 - a phone discussion
    2 - a programming task with a review later (some comments I really did not agree)
    3 - a programming assignment in an interview with 2 persons.

Interview Questions

• Pick a programming language and start coding a few basic request. They were so basic that in the end didn't make any scene.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Phase 1 - Phone screening with a People Scout from EE. I believe the aim was to understand my experience, check on my knowledge in business and delivery domain and my experience at executing projects.

Phase 2 - Onsite case study - This was a f2f interview organised with two experienced EE consultants. Was given a case study to solve. I believe the idea was to understand the approach I took, the scope I covered, and delivery planning.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in October 2017.

Interview

Took approx 2 weeks to finish the interview process part delay was from my side as well due to work time.

I was interviewed at Pune location in Oct 2017. I was greeted well at their office.

First round was coding (paired) and 2nd round was more of technical discussion. 3rd Round was a telephonic discussion with one their abroad based employee. 4th round meeting with Director. And Finally offer.

1st coding round was a breeze, I was asked to code a shopping cart using any frameworks.
    It was smooth since the interviewer was easy going and he used to suggest me how I can make this even better. I like his positive approach.

2nd round technical discussion was I would say easy, since they were really happy to talk with me about technologies they work and they asked me what tech i work and prefer. I didnt knew few things but they were ok with that, since they made me comfortable by asking me what I know rather than what I dont.

3rd round was after few days over telephone (more technical discussion)

4th Meeting again at their workplace, kind of a personality and behaviour round with Director and HR.

Fullstack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in October 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend of mine. I got an interview setup call from HR next week.

1st round - Pair Programming
    One developer from EE paired with me and we discussed around the question and different approach. We were solving a design problem of creating a Shopping Cart. The requirements were in BDD(Given When Then) format. I tried to stick with TDD, which is not a requirement but is appreciated, if followed, as they follow XP practices. The pairing developer was really good, and whenever I got stuck with something, we discussed and came up with approach. It was very good experience.

2nd Round - Technical Discussion
    2 People(1 senior developer and 1 Tech Lead) were present in the discussion. I explained my technical background and latest project that I'm working with. Few questions were asked on the technology stack of project and what choices would I make If I had to choose, and why. Then There was 1 OOAD question about parking lot(parking lot with different types of parking sizes). I started fine, and then I got stuck at one point. After that, I was asked questions like JDK 8 features I've worked on and what was applied in which scenario; when developing a web application, what would I prefer - Spring MVC or Play framework, Java 8 or Scala - Why. etc. It was a nice experience.

After that round, HR told me that I was done for the day and he would contact me regarding feedback by next week. But, next week I received an email with generic statement about my rejection. I also replied on top asking for detailed feedback, but haven't received that yet. This last part was a bad experience. Other than that, Everything else was really good experience. You should definitely go and have that experience.

Interview Questions

• Design a parking lot that has different types of parking spaces. How to handle different vehicle size, etc   Answer Question
    • Java 8 vs Scala - Which one would you prefer and why?   Answer Question

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process here was a three stage process. A telephone interview with an HR person and a programming test, a technical interview and pairing session and an interview with one of the partners.

The phone interview was with a very knowledgeable HR person. The interviewer spent quite some time to explain to me how the company operates and what they are looking for in candidates and went with me over the relevant experience in my CV. I then got sent a test to complete at home with no time limit.

In the test I made a mistake with some file permissions. While at many places that would have been it I received an email that there was a problem and whether I could fix it along with some other questions. I answered the questions and fixed the file permissions and send it of again. That indeed appeared to be satisfactory as I was invited to the second stage.

At the second stage I met one of the Tech Leads and again I had the impression that the person interviewing me was interested rather in what I could do than in what I couldn't. We talked a bit of my experience and about how the company operates and then sat down for a pairing exercise. I got to pick the language to use and off we went for a bit of URL and JSON mangling. The interviewer let me take the lead but asked some questions and behaved like any other friendly pairing buddy. We ran out of time though so I completed some of it on a white board as pseudo code as the interviewer was rather interested in my problem solving skills than anything else.

The third stage was with a senior partner and mainly was about the values of the company and how I would fit with them. Again a very friendly atmosphere and a good conversation rather than a pointed interview.

Overall, while a three stage process seems pretty long winded it really wasn't. The whole process was just about a week from first contact to the final stage and at every stage I got almost immediate feedback. The HR person even got out of his way to let me know Friday evening after the last interview late the same day that they would like to offer the position to me. However, the most distinguishing feature of the whole process was that I really enjoyed it. In a nutshell, through the whole process everybody seemed to be looking for reasons to hire me rather than for reasons not too. This is markedly different from almost all interviews I've had in the last 30 or so years. Even if I wouldn't have gotten I don't think I would have thought of it as a less pleasant experience.

So long story short, don't be intimidated by the three stage process but give it a try. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Interview Questions

• I did not get asked anything unexpected or difficult really.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)).

Interview

First had phone call with head of HR. Very nice guy and straight to the point.
    Then had technical interview, working in pair-programming with 2 company employees. One in the role of Software Engineer and the other as Product Manager. The technical assignment was a simple program, written in the language of my choosing, that should be developed in TDD.
    I found it nearly impossible to focus on the assignment, in part because of lack of experience in, and being uncomfortable with pair programming, but also because of constantly being thrown off for declaring so much as a variable or a method.
    Left with full conscience of poor performance in this simple assignment and with the impression that code quality and legibility should be discarded so long as the tests pass.

Android Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in August 2017.

Interview

First round was of small application development using pair programming.
    And second face to face skype round (More of technical, architectural, TDD, patterns) related questions.
    Questions were new and helpful, it was great experience getting interviewed in Equal Experts.

Interview Questions

• In first round it was like to-do list Android application. And in between he was asking questions like, how we will implement the MVP in current code and all that.   Answer Question

Automation Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Leeds, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Technical test.

Take your time over the test and give it your best effort, it's not a given that just because the script works it will be a pass.

The target of the exercise is a fictitious hotel booking system and can be found at [...]

Part 1
    - Manually test the hotel booking system, based upon your own testing intuition (no requirements are provided).
    - Write a brief summary of the testing you performed, such that another tester could continue your work.

Part 2
    - Create one or more automated tests to check the creation and deletion of bookings.
    - Your automated tests should be written in Java or Scala.
    - Please package your tests in a way that allows us to instantly see them running.

Interview Questions

• Complete the technical test.   1 Answer