Equal Experts Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Equal Experts Interview Questions

Updated 6 May 2019

Sort:

Interview

Initial call with HR followed by role play with your interviews on site.
    Everyone was very friendly, the process was smooth and feedback provided quickly when asked for it. Job specs was not discussed in detail but at this point its about being able to showcase your skills

Interview Questions

• Give the case, what do you think are the main issues nd how would you solve   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Leeds, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

1) Telephone screening.

This is done with a "People Manager", which is basically HR. This is similar to an agency interview, but the People Manager has a little more industry experience. Usually this is a CV screen with a few questions about Agile.

2) Technical Test (aka FizzBuzz with a Twist).

This is a pretty easy question, just ensure you use TDD. I was asked to complete the task in Scala (as the role was for a Scala developer), despite not knowing Scala before -- this was daunting but I completed it.

I got a call back from the agent and was asked to do the task again -- in Java. I was mistakenly asked to do the task in Scala! So the second time around, this was much easier!

3) Pairing exercise.

This was with the Technical Lead and involved a simple task. There are a few variations they can ask, but they are all rather easy. Again, they will be looking for TTD.

The task should be treated like a real work scenario -- so it was okay to ask any questions if you hadn't used part of the language in a while.

Afterwards there were a few technical questions regarding Functional Programming. I could only answer a few of them, but thought this was okay at the time -- as I was approaching this as someone willing to learn.

4) Cultural Fit interview.

This is another interview, but with an client/area manager. This interview was little more than a formality, to see if you would be a good person to work with.

Interview Questions

• What is a Higher-Order function?   1 Answer
    • In Java, what type would you use to store money (and why?)   1 Answer

Senior Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

They give you an obnoxious useless FizzBuzz test to check wether you are Expert enough. Ridicolous I would say. They will tell you they want you to write in any language but in reality they expect Java or Scala.

User Experience Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worthing, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Worthing, South East England, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

From start to finish the whole interview process was really well organised which is not an easy task with 4 interviews to arrange. Everyone I spoke to at EE was very friendly and easy to talk to. One thing that stood out was that they seemed very motivated and proud of their roles within their teams and the culture of EE. I really enjoyed meeting everyone throughout this process which made me want to work with them even more.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you've had to use your problem solving skills to improve a feature or product.   1 Answer

QA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Equal Experts in September 2014.

Interview

I have submit my resume via job board, and on the same day I got a call from them. Though they have mentioned the position for 'Team Leader' job, they were expecting the person to take ownership of the entire department all alone and work even as a only-person-working on that technology. The interviewer was HR guy and has some set of questions to ask with 'Best-to-fit-in' answers. Nothing to do with your expertise or experience in that domain, you need to just answer his questions !!

Interview Questions

• Questions were irrelevant to my resumes.   1 Answer

QA Consultant Interview

Interview

A quick telephonic inteview on phone. After that a face to face followed by a technical round. Decision came immediately and then next day a meet up with the MD and its done :).

Interview Questions

• Why are you selecting a small company to work with?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Equal Experts.

Interview

1. Phone interview w. HR/Resourcing - most professional interview with a HR person I've ever had. One of the view places where HR/Resourcing actually have a clue what the people they place actually do. Also very approachable.
    2. In-person interview with peers (Business Analysts)
    Again, one of the most professional interviews I've had: The interview was based on a chat about generic skills and also a small case study. The former was a very professional chat that allowed the interviewers to understand my level of experience, style of working and personality, and vice versa. This was rather a professional chat than a 'box ticking / follow the given questions' interview. The case study, again, was not a test to tick boxes and look for defined answers but simply a mechanism to instill discussion.
    3. Interview with engagement manager for respective client/project
    Once a basic expertise and culture fit has been established this chat was more about seeing the fit for a specific project.

The was certainly the most professional interview process I've been through and made me immediately want to work with those people. (I have previously interviewed with some of the big traditional IT consultancies and their interview process is bureaucratic, box ticking, overly formal and does no-where near give that level of insight for both sides).

Interview Questions

• - Background / Previous experience (not too important)
      - Basic Business Analyst skills
      - Case-study based discussion   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Manchester City Centre, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I was referred to the position by an existing Equal Experts Associate (Contractor), whom i'd worked with before. But I still had to go through the same interview process that external applicants would need to go through. Equal Experts (EE) have a thorough vetting process which is in 3 stages:
    1. Phone interview with one of their 'People Managers' - bit like an agency interview, but with someone who actually knows what they are talking about from a technical perspective!
    2. Face to Face interview with two of your peers, so in my case this was two Business Analysts. This interview began with a scenario based 'role play'. I was given a business scenario to read through for 20 mins and prepare some questions to ask of the role play "Scrum Master" & "Product owner"... then having found the information needed, I was left for another 20 minutes to produce some User stories that could be used to implement the business scenario. Following a quick presentation of the UCs to the interviewers (in role play mode!)... there was then a 'hats off' more general discussion about some past experiences. This was the toughest of the 3 interviews.
    3. The third stage (having passed the previous two) is an interview with one of EEs partners. I successful you will be representing EE on client sites... therefore the business partners need to ensure that you are a good fit to represent their company.

As a contractor with 17 years of previous contracting experience I can say that this was the most thorough interview process for a contract role. This process is in place to ensure that the associates the EE work with do actually have the relevant experience for the roles.

Having been successful in getting through the interview process and starting to work with EE associates I can now see why their recruitment process is as thorough.... you get to work with some really good 'switched on' and motivated people.

Interview Questions

• Produce some example Use Cases (with some Acceptance Criteria) from a given business scenario   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Step 1 - phone interview
    Step 2 - practical interview to assess technical ability
    Step 3 - final interview with a partner to assess cultural fit

I fell at the second hurdle and never made it to Step 3. Although I failed te interview, it didn't feel the interview was that challenging - any BA with real agile experience should be familiar with the scenario and should be able to give the interview a good go.

Interview Questions

• A one page scenario was put to me, I was then given 20 minutes to prepare for a requirements workshop with the PO and technical lead (played by the interviewers) for the mock project.

Following the 20 minute 'workshop' I was then given further 20 minutes to plan and organise resulting user stories, I would then replay the stories my approach to the project with the PO and technical lead.   1 Answer

Developer/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1. Screening Telephone Call - general overview of CV etc.. nothing technical
    2. Timed Coding Test from home

I rushed a solution. They want a very simple implementation, good design, extendable, tested, easy to comprehend.

Interview Questions

• FizzBuzz timed test - with a couple of twists   1 Answer