Equal Experts Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Equal Experts Interview Questions

Interviews at Equal Experts

Delivery Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Extensive face-to-face interview with a scenario based challenge followed by a face to face interview with a partner. This was then followed with a meeting with the CEO. The internal recruitment team was fantastic and very engaged throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy most? Solving problems or focusing on delivering greenfield projects   Answer Question

Senior Developer/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in July 2017.

Interview

1st Round Telephonic. 2nd Code Pairing
    I appeared for the interview thrice till now, and after each rejection I prepared lot for the next one. I believe, now I know more design concepts, principles, patterns than those interviewers. I think, this company can not afford people with higher pay, so they interviews people from big companies , and rejects them with some illogical feedback. I was rejected with some unreasonable reasons without logical feedback. To me, this company is just a showoff. I am not interested to appear for it's interview in future anymore.

Interview Questions

• A] Telephonic
      1. Explain SOLID
      2. Design SMS server with condition of capping frequency based on User
      3. My project related experience

B] Pair programming
      Design & Develop TDD based interest calculator for bank customer based on given interest rates band .e.g
      Account Balance < Below 1000 1%
      1000 <= Account Balance < 5000 2%
      Account Balance >= 5000 3%   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in July 2017.

Interview

The first round was a pair programming activity with one of EE engineers. The process is more to find out the approach that the candidate takes than the end solution, it is okay not to complete the whole assignment. If the EE enginner is satisfied that you have followed the OOPS principles and TDD, he/she can choose not to complete the whole assignment. As someone pointed earlier, it was a task to implement a story of a Shopping Cart.

The second round is a technical discussion. It is again very interactive and you get to explain you thought process on a certain design question.

The HR is always interacting with you giving and the process took approx 4 hours without me having to keep waiting .

Interview Questions

• Pair programming involved implementing a story of the Shopping cart requirement.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in July 2017.

Interview

1. Telephonic interview -- Fairly easy algo questions and equally easy OO modeling question
    2. Code pairing round onsite at Pune office. This was the best round and interviewer was also very friendly, got a very positive vibe after going to the Pune office. (Interviewer was wearing shorts ;), they had a carrom in office and I got to play it with HR and other candidates, this is first time i did such thing during an interview) So far very very positive.
    3. 2 Tech interview - One onsite and other on Google Hangout - Was kinda easy for me.

They didn't offer me a position for a reason which surprises me, they were hiring for Software developer role and they rejected me because I am not a decision maker in my current project. this made me wonder are they really looking for a Hands on software developer or they are looking for Architect. This make me wonder further that it could be salary, Who knows.

Anyways had fun during they whole process

Interview Questions

• Design parking lot   1 Answer
    • Design a Shopping cart - Code pairing   1 Answer

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Bengaluru).

Interview

TDD- Asked to create a solution in 1 and half hr to design and code using test first development. Pair programming, pairing with one of the lead developers there. We need to take our personnel laptop with us to do this, they were accepting test in java and .net.

Interview Questions

• A simple Cart solution to add a few products and verify the question   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in April 2017.

Interview

A very good company, in no hurry to build talent quantitatively but rather very careful and aggressive to build it qualitatively. The company has a strong vision, great culture and of course amazing people (which is their strongest point). It has great work going on and it really values in recognising, building and nurturing great talent. Most importantly the whole team has a very humane perspective and focus is on working and prospering together which connected with me very strongly :)!

My Experience:-
    * Initial introductory phone call
    - The HR representative gave me a call and gave a very elaborate overview about the Company and what they are looking for. He asked me about my experience, the projects that i have done and my role. He asked if i have experience practicing TDD and have enough exposure to Object Oriented design and development. After a call of 20 mins he said he would get back to me to schedule a Code pairing session with one of their team members

* Code pairing Session
    - I was called at the Equal Experts office in Pune for the code pairing session. As soon as i entered the office, the HR welcomed me and made sure I'm at ease. He then briefed me about the code pairing round - which basically is solving a given problem by pairing with one of their team members. The most important thing they look for is the TDD approach of solving the problem. Along with it, your Object oriented design knowledge, Data structure knowledge, approach to the solution and code efficiency. Apart from the technical aspects they also see how good a team player you are, your behaviour, attitude towards solving a problem collectively. The round lasted for 1.5 hours and i thoroughly enjoyed it, although i have been practicing TDD very recently from last 1 year on and off. I think it was a great session and gave me a very good feeling about the work culture there. The code pairing happened right there in the open workspace they have and it was as if 2 colleagues solving a problem in the midst of a usual working day :).

* Review about the Code pairing session (1.5hr)
    - Few minutes after the code pairing round, the HR had a discussion with me and gave me a detailed feedback as to what the interviewer (with whom i paired) thought about me in terms of my technical expertise, problem solving approach, behaviour, the areas he thought I'm strong in and also those he thought i'm not exposed to much and should improve upon. This was very valuable and unique. The feedback was conveyed very politely and was very helpful. He also mentioned that they considered me for another round which would again be about evaluating my technical abilities.

* Technical Design Interview (1.5hr)
    - This round was conducted by a panel of 2 interviewers in a closed meeting room. It was a mix of couple of object oriented design questions and scenarios and how would i tackle them and improvise further. They asked me about the technological stack that i have worked on and then there were a couple of deep dive questions related to the same in terms of optimisations and some use case scenarios and how it could be tackled. It was more of a drawing board session and lots of discussion and highly interactive. The interviewers were expert in their areas and were keen to know the approach rather than the specifics

* Review about the technical design round (10 mins)
    - Some time after the technical round, the HR briefed me again about the feedback of the round in detail and told me to wait for some more time. Few minutes later, I was called in to inform that they would be happy to make me an offer and would communicate me about the next process.

* Final Discussion with the MD (1hr)
    - Few days later, a discussion was scheduled with the MD of the company. It was about knowing each other - basically getting to know more about the company, its vision, its practices, culture, projects and an overall inside view one level deep from the MD himself who I think has had an incredible journey so far in this field. And on their side, it was knowing about my aspirations, my in depth experience till now, kind of projects i have worked on, my strengths, weaknesses etc. Overall it was to know each other in more depth. Following the session, they were happy to make me an offer.

I won't give the details of the interview questions. But if you have been hands-on, passionate about solving problems, keen on thinking the Object oriented way and following a TDD approach (even if never had exposure ... at least for sometime try to practice ... it's a great approach) ... then you should definitely give it a shot ... I'm sure you would love to be a part of this organisation

And believe me, even if you eventually be Or not be a part of the organisation, at least you'd be happy to be part of the whole process, learn from it and know a few more good people ... who knows they could be your buddies forever :)

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)) in April 2017.

Interview

Detailed but not intensive process. Very balanced. It starts with a phone screen, than a offline challenge, a pair programming challenge on site and a last interview about architecture. You can show your skills at any stage of the process and its a very casual but serious process.

Interview Questions

• TDD and architecture are 2 main keys you need to be aware when performing the challenges   Answer Question

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Approached by EE internal recruiter. Great initial conversations, had to chase for a month, at the end - position is on hold. Waste of time, no transparency to candidates. Would not bother next time.

Senior Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

They give you an obnoxious useless FizzBuzz test to check wether you are Expert enough. Ridicolous I would say. They will tell you they want you to write in any language but in reality they expect Java or Scala.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)).

Interview

First I had a phone call interview, where I was asked about my experiences and skills.
    Then I had to complete a "FizzBuzz" coding test using TDD, which the company cares a lot, and send them by email.
    Some days later I had a pair programming session with a senior developer member of the company's team. We had to find the solution for a problem that he brought. I failed because my code was not very good structured.