Equal Experts Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 6 May 2019

Sort:

Delivery Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Extensive face-to-face interview with a scenario based challenge followed by a face to face interview with a partner. This was then followed with a meeting with the CEO. The internal recruitment team was fantastic and very engaged throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy most? Solving problems or focusing on delivering greenfield projects   Answer Question

Delivery Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)) in April 2016.

Interview

i had 3 interviews.
    The first one was in the Lisbon office with the partner and the people manager and it was about CV screening and Agile.
    The second one was through skype with a Delivery Lead from London and it was a test of agile project management with situational questiones.
    The third and final one was similar to the first one with more detailed questions about the job, challenges and the current projects.

Interview Questions

• What things should the team consider before pushing a

significant release into production?   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)) in April 2017.

Interview

Detailed but not intensive process. Very balanced. It starts with a phone screen, than a offline challenge, a pair programming challenge on site and a last interview about architecture. You can show your skills at any stage of the process and its a very casual but serious process.

Interview Questions

• TDD and architecture are 2 main keys you need to be aware when performing the challenges   Answer Question

Android Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in August 2017.

Interview

First round was of small application development using pair programming.
    And second face to face skype round (More of technical, architectural, TDD, patterns) related questions.
    Questions were new and helpful, it was great experience getting interviewed in Equal Experts.

Interview Questions

• In first round it was like to-do list Android application. And in between he was asking questions like, how we will implement the MVP in current code and all that.   Answer Question

Automation Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Leeds, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Technical test.

Take your time over the test and give it your best effort, it's not a given that just because the script works it will be a pass.

The target of the exercise is a fictitious hotel booking system and can be found at [...]

Part 1
    - Manually test the hotel booking system, based upon your own testing intuition (no requirements are provided).
    - Write a brief summary of the testing you performed, such that another tester could continue your work.

Part 2
    - Create one or more automated tests to check the creation and deletion of bookings.
    - Your automated tests should be written in Java or Scala.
    - Please package your tests in a way that allows us to instantly see them running.

Interview Questions

• Complete the technical test.   1 Answer

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process here was a three stage process. A telephone interview with an HR person and a programming test, a technical interview and pairing session and an interview with one of the partners.

The phone interview was with a very knowledgeable HR person. The interviewer spent quite some time to explain to me how the company operates and what they are looking for in candidates and went with me over the relevant experience in my CV. I then got sent a test to complete at home with no time limit.

In the test I made a mistake with some file permissions. While at many places that would have been it I received an email that there was a problem and whether I could fix it along with some other questions. I answered the questions and fixed the file permissions and send it of again. That indeed appeared to be satisfactory as I was invited to the second stage.

At the second stage I met one of the Tech Leads and again I had the impression that the person interviewing me was interested rather in what I could do than in what I couldn't. We talked a bit of my experience and about how the company operates and then sat down for a pairing exercise. I got to pick the language to use and off we went for a bit of URL and JSON mangling. The interviewer let me take the lead but asked some questions and behaved like any other friendly pairing buddy. We ran out of time though so I completed some of it on a white board as pseudo code as the interviewer was rather interested in my problem solving skills than anything else.

The third stage was with a senior partner and mainly was about the values of the company and how I would fit with them. Again a very friendly atmosphere and a good conversation rather than a pointed interview.

Overall, while a three stage process seems pretty long winded it really wasn't. The whole process was just about a week from first contact to the final stage and at every stage I got almost immediate feedback. The HR person even got out of his way to let me know Friday evening after the last interview late the same day that they would like to offer the position to me. However, the most distinguishing feature of the whole process was that I really enjoyed it. In a nutshell, through the whole process everybody seemed to be looking for reasons to hire me rather than for reasons not too. This is markedly different from almost all interviews I've had in the last 30 or so years. Even if I wouldn't have gotten I don't think I would have thought of it as a less pleasant experience.

So long story short, don't be intimidated by the three stage process but give it a try. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Interview Questions

• I did not get asked anything unexpected or difficult really.   Answer Question

Fullstack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in October 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend of mine. I got an interview setup call from HR next week.

1st round - Pair Programming
    One developer from EE paired with me and we discussed around the question and different approach. We were solving a design problem of creating a Shopping Cart. The requirements were in BDD(Given When Then) format. I tried to stick with TDD, which is not a requirement but is appreciated, if followed, as they follow XP practices. The pairing developer was really good, and whenever I got stuck with something, we discussed and came up with approach. It was very good experience.

2nd Round - Technical Discussion
    2 People(1 senior developer and 1 Tech Lead) were present in the discussion. I explained my technical background and latest project that I'm working with. Few questions were asked on the technology stack of project and what choices would I make If I had to choose, and why. Then There was 1 OOAD question about parking lot(parking lot with different types of parking sizes). I started fine, and then I got stuck at one point. After that, I was asked questions like JDK 8 features I've worked on and what was applied in which scenario; when developing a web application, what would I prefer - Spring MVC or Play framework, Java 8 or Scala - Why. etc. It was a nice experience.

After that round, HR told me that I was done for the day and he would contact me regarding feedback by next week. But, next week I received an email with generic statement about my rejection. I also replied on top asking for detailed feedback, but haven't received that yet. This last part was a bad experience. Other than that, Everything else was really good experience. You should definitely go and have that experience.

Interview Questions

• Design a parking lot that has different types of parking spaces. How to handle different vehicle size, etc   Answer Question
    • Java 8 vs Scala - Which one would you prefer and why?   Answer Question

Java Developer/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Exeter, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening interview. Then a fizzbuzz coding test to demonstrate TDD.

Unfortunately according to agent the position in which I was to be placed was no longer required, so the process stopped there for me, and I don't know how well I did.

Interview Questions

• Complete fizzbuzz coding task   1 Answer

Java Developer/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Once you pass the phone screening and submit the code you will be invited to a pair programming code challenge. I would recommend to be relaxed and and communicative. Try to articulate well and reason about the problem given. The interviewers are very senior and skillful they will answer your questions. The code itself its something you can do or should be able to do in an hour. So its a realistic expectation.

Software QA (Automation) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune).

Interview

The interview process was very easy.
    1. First round was on manual testing and Automation concepts.
    2. Second round was on pair programming, they gave to Automate one simple test case on their existing application using their existing framework.
    3. Last round was with their Pune-Head to understand your aspirations.

I got the offer however they were paying very less, They were not even able to match my current salary. They weren't have any issue when we talked on phone before interview, however after clearing all the rounds they were like we can't.

if you are earning 2 times of your experience do not care to appear from an interview. they won't be able to even provide your current salary.
    And this explains their easy interviews. :)

Interview Questions

• Automate one simple test case on their existing application using their existing framework.   Answer Question