Equal Experts Senior DevOps Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Equal Experts Senior DevOps Engineer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process here was a three stage process. A telephone interview with an HR person and a programming test, a technical interview and pairing session and an interview with one of the partners.

The phone interview was with a very knowledgeable HR person. The interviewer spent quite some time to explain to me how the company operates and what they are looking for in candidates and went with me over the relevant experience in my CV. I then got sent a test to complete at home with no time limit.

In the test I made a mistake with some file permissions. While at many places that would have been it I received an email that there was a problem and whether I could fix it along with some other questions. I answered the questions and fixed the file permissions and send it of again. That indeed appeared to be satisfactory as I was invited to the second stage.

At the second stage I met one of the Tech Leads and again I had the impression that the person interviewing me was interested rather in what I could do than in what I couldn't. We talked a bit of my experience and about how the company operates and then sat down for a pairing exercise. I got to pick the language to use and off we went for a bit of URL and JSON mangling. The interviewer let me take the lead but asked some questions and behaved like any other friendly pairing buddy. We ran out of time though so I completed some of it on a white board as pseudo code as the interviewer was rather interested in my problem solving skills than anything else.

The third stage was with a senior partner and mainly was about the values of the company and how I would fit with them. Again a very friendly atmosphere and a good conversation rather than a pointed interview.

Overall, while a three stage process seems pretty long winded it really wasn't. The whole process was just about a week from first contact to the final stage and at every stage I got almost immediate feedback. The HR person even got out of his way to let me know Friday evening after the last interview late the same day that they would like to offer the position to me. However, the most distinguishing feature of the whole process was that I really enjoyed it. In a nutshell, through the whole process everybody seemed to be looking for reasons to hire me rather than for reasons not too. This is markedly different from almost all interviews I've had in the last 30 or so years. Even if I wouldn't have gotten I don't think I would have thought of it as a less pleasant experience.

So long story short, don't be intimidated by the three stage process but give it a try. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Interview Questions

• I did not get asked anything unexpected or difficult really.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.