Equal Experts Senior Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Equal Experts Senior Developer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Leeds, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

1) Telephone screening.

This is done with a "People Manager", which is basically HR. This is similar to an agency interview, but the People Manager has a little more industry experience. Usually this is a CV screen with a few questions about Agile.

2) Technical Test (aka FizzBuzz with a Twist).

This is a pretty easy question, just ensure you use TDD. I was asked to complete the task in Scala (as the role was for a Scala developer), despite not knowing Scala before -- this was daunting but I completed it.

I got a call back from the agent and was asked to do the task again -- in Java. I was mistakenly asked to do the task in Scala! So the second time around, this was much easier!

3) Pairing exercise.

This was with the Technical Lead and involved a simple task. There are a few variations they can ask, but they are all rather easy. Again, they will be looking for TTD.

The task should be treated like a real work scenario -- so it was okay to ask any questions if you hadn't used part of the language in a while.

Afterwards there were a few technical questions regarding Functional Programming. I could only answer a few of them, but thought this was okay at the time -- as I was approaching this as someone willing to learn.

4) Cultural Fit interview.

This is another interview, but with an client/area manager. This interview was little more than a formality, to see if you would be a good person to work with.

Interview Questions

• What is a Higher-Order function?   1 Answer
  • In Java, what type would you use to store money (and why?)   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.