Equal Experts Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Equal Experts Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in October 2017.

Interview

Took approx 2 weeks to finish the interview process part delay was from my side as well due to work time.

I was interviewed at Pune location in Oct 2017. I was greeted well at their office.

First round was coding (paired) and 2nd round was more of technical discussion. 3rd Round was a telephonic discussion with one their abroad based employee. 4th round meeting with Director. And Finally offer.

1st coding round was a breeze, I was asked to code a shopping cart using any frameworks.
It was smooth since the interviewer was easy going and he used to suggest me how I can make this even better. I like his positive approach.

2nd round technical discussion was I would say easy, since they were really happy to talk with me about technologies they work and they asked me what tech i work and prefer. I didnt knew few things but they were ok with that, since they made me comfortable by asking me what I know rather than what I dont.

3rd round was after few days over telephone (more technical discussion)

4th Meeting again at their workplace, kind of a personality and behaviour round with Director and HR.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Equal Experts

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)).

Interview

First had phone call with head of HR. Very nice guy and straight to the point.
    Then had technical interview, working in pair-programming with 2 company employees. One in the role of Software Engineer and the other as Product Manager. The technical assignment was a simple program, written in the language of my choosing, that should be developed in TDD.
    I found it nearly impossible to focus on the assignment, in part because of lack of experience in, and being uncomfortable with pair programming, but also because of constantly being thrown off for declaring so much as a variable or a method.
    Left with full conscience of poor performance in this simple assignment and with the impression that code quality and legibility should be discarded so long as the tests pass.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in August 2018.

Interview

I faced one technical telephonic round and one practical round. Pratical is like one buddy is assigned to check my ways of doing things like how to initiate a project, TDD approach, etc. Telephonic was too easy.

Interview Questions

• Which architecture is good to use?
      What are Services in Android? Why to use IntentService?
      Why use RxJava?
      Should we do TDD?
      Which databases you used?
      How to make your apk and db safe?
      Why Android introduced RecyclerView over ListView?
      Which one do you prefer: adding views dynamically or through xml?

Practical
      Create a whatsapp type basic chat app with random static response.
      4 user stories were given.
      Writing test was compulsory for all user stories.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Bengaluru) in October 2018.

Interview

Interview process had 3 rounds. Overall, an excellent experience but HR side was a major pain point. The whole process took more than a month and on final round HR tried too much to negotiate. I was willing to join at 15% hike and within-in 15 minutes of receiving the offer letter. I was holding a much better offer in terms of salary but I liked the technical side of the company and was too keen on joining. All the technical people are really easy going there and were nice and supportive. If you know your basics and TDD then you should not need any preparation. Just go there and expect a healthy discussion and if you don't know something the interviewer will fill in the gaps. It is unlike most other companies where interviewer just copies questions from geeksfor geeks and has no clue about it. Think about the interview like you are meeting some old friends and getting their help solving some of your tech. problems.

HR couldn't help but play games, made me wait for 2 days and gave the offer on phone verbally and insisted on accepting before they could actually send a formal letter. Disregarded the initially agreed compensation and asked me to join at 0% hike. Rejected immediately and asked her to terminate the process right there.

Great waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Round 1. Work from Home assignment to implement a shopping cart.
      Round 2. Pairing round with a Lead Engineer to refactor and add more features to the round 1 assignment.
      Round 3. Design & Architecture round with Business Unit Head and One Other Senior Engineer.
        3.1 One question on explaining current project's architecture with possible alternate design.
        3.2 Design an app which lets user search for all the possible offers available at nearby Merchants. Followed by schema design in SQL and NoSQL. Usual scalability questions here and there.
      Round 4. HR discussion for salary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in May 2016.

Interview

- Pair Programming, 1 Technical , HR

Pair Programming round -
    They will give you a problem statement & ask you to write code based on SOLID principles. The developer with whom I was paired was horrible and was egoistic. Even if you solve problem in your own way, he insisted to me to get solution the way he wanted. Absolutely non sense. These people think they are best in industry but its all show off.. He lacked knowledge basically and was not ready to accept my answer at all. It becomes difficult to work in such environment.

- Technical Round
    This was quite good round where you will be asked mostly about your project you worked on so far. They will ask architectural design and also cross question why this technology etc. Listen to their question and answer politely. Nothing else much here. Also they expect answer what they have in mind.

- HR
    This is a nice guy who will brief you lot of pros about company and make you feel as if you are in branded company. Just listen and let it go..

Interview Questions

• File Search - keyword based program, WEB application architecture and so on...   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)) in July 2016.

Interview

First I got a Skype call during which the company has been introduced to me by a representative: he was really good in selling me the pros of the job, especially considering I've previously had really bad experiences with consultancy companies.

Once I stated my interest into the company I received an email containing a very simple test: the BuzzFizz exercise, which I had never faced before, but apparently is quite a common one. I run the test offline and submitted by email.

After a few days we agreed on a pair programming test which I run remotely.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Agile and TDD?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in January 2016.

Interview

I wanted to have a telephonic round first, it saves a lot of time, but the HR insisted on an F-to-F. One code pairing round, aiming at design, coding basics and good programming practices. (The guy from the interview panel with whom I was paired, needs to learn a lot, perhaps go back to his basics. They are just bunch of wannabe amateurs). Next round was a technical discussion, mostly around my existing projects. In this round too, I found one of the interviewers making horrible observations and suggestions which are plain and simple, fundamentally wrong. The other interviewer, looked a bit senior, thankfully, was more interested in listening to what I had to say, rather than giving his observations.
    The HR guy deserves special mention. He made a pompous image and show about the company. Talked a lot, said little. When I am appearing for interview for a company, I would like to have the facts given to me straight-forward. I would expect the HR to be brief and to the point, a verbal diarrhea is the last thing I need. He went on saying things like we have vision like Apple, products like Microsoft, work culture like Google etc etc., made me wonder whom do they pay like...

They had made an offer, which I promptly declined. One reason, the package offered was too low. The HR guy did try to sugarcoat the offer with some deputations opportunities, other goodies that you may or may not get, but I knew better. Until and unless something is promised on writing on the offer letter, it can always be denied.
    Secondly, I just did not like the place.

Interview Questions

• I had applied for the role of a Senior Java Developer, interview was mostly around Core Java only. The code pairing covered design patterns, programming practices, core java basics and using a testing framework. Face to face was one of the typical design problems using a variety of collections, threading basics etc. Over all, very easy, stuff that a 2 year exp guy is supposed to answer.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.