Equal Experts Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Equal Experts Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Equal Experts

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Equal Experts.

Interview

Some recruiter of that company reached out for me, asking if I would be interested in working for Equal Experts. Got a very simple but ambiguous coding challenge to hand in remotely. Afterwards, there was a meeting with two of their developers in a rented meeting room and another coding challenge. Also, very simple task. Talking and discussing with the developers about the pros and cons of different coding styles and language constructs was not possible. The mood in both challenges was "do the thing with as least code and as least effort as possible". Was not a match on both side, I was not interested in working for that company afterwards and they also didn't wanted because I don't know enough of the standard library of the used programming language in my head…. From my point of view that indicated that either the company does not know that programming is primarily problem solven or the project they perform are extremely simple.

In the end a big waste of my time, as they reached out for me. I think I will charge a fee for the next company that wants me to do a code challenge.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Equal Experts

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Cape Town (South Africa)) in March 2020.

Interview

What a brilliant interview process! I loved the pair programming idea as it creates a far more realistic and relaxed atmosphere. Instead of trying to trip you up with really weird questions, it's a friendly and low-pressure get-to-know-you exercise, with some code and problem solving thrown in for good measure.

Interview Questions

• There are a few problems to solve, nothing esoteric.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)).

Interview

Pure technical process! They're looking for robots, not people. Starts with a phone interview to check your background and afterwards you have to be the perfect tech guy. Simple home challenge (ok for start..), pair programming session (1.5h of "let's see were he fails"), and a final interview with architecture problem to solve ("almost there robot guy"). Miss some points and you'll be seen as newbie (forget your 20 year successful career if that's the case). Guess they're not looking forward to grow careers too.

Interview Questions

Equal Experts Response

13 Nov 2019

We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience and left with the impression that we are “looking for robots, not people”, as that’s the opposite of our purpose.
    We try to have a technically challenging process whilst assessing personal and consultancy skills. I’d be happy to connect and understand in more detail your feedback, so we can ensure we are constantly improving our process and provide a better experience for future candidates. You can reach out to me at jsousa@equalexperts.com.

Thanks,
    Jóni Sousa
    People Manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in February 2019.

Interview

3 rounds:
    1. Very enjoyable code pairing round with appropriate time allocated to solve a design problem. Appropriate and rewarding application of TDD approach.
    2. General technical discussion along with design discussions.
    3. Final discussion to discuss culture, aspirations, thought process, and fitment.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Equal Experts.

Interview

The interview process was a very prolonged one! finally if you have some energy left and things go well you are hired. Not sure if they really go by what experience you have or just fill up numbers.

Interview Questions

• Skillset, technologies you worked on, hands-on practices   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in July 2017.

Interview

1. Telephonic interview -- Fairly easy algo questions and equally easy OO modeling question
    2. Code pairing round onsite at Pune office. This was the best round and interviewer was also very friendly, got a very positive vibe after going to the Pune office. (Interviewer was wearing shorts ;), they had a carrom in office and I got to play it with HR and other candidates, this is first time i did such thing during an interview) So far very very positive.
    3. 2 Tech interview - One onsite and other on Google Hangout - Was kinda easy for me.

They didn't offer me a position for a reason which surprises me, they were hiring for Software developer role and they rejected me because I am not a decision maker in my current project. this made me wonder are they really looking for a Hands on software developer or they are looking for Architect. This make me wonder further that it could be salary, Who knows.

Anyways had fun during they whole process

Interview Questions

• Design parking lot   1 Answer
    • Design a Shopping cart - Code pairing   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)).

Interview

First I had a phone call interview, where I was asked about my experiences and skills.
    Then I had to complete a "FizzBuzz" coding test using TDD, which the company cares a lot, and send them by email.
    Some days later I had a pair programming session with a senior developer member of the company's team. We had to find the solution for a problem that he brought. I failed because my code was not very good structured.

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in July 2016.

Interview

Unlike other IT companies in Pune, Equal expert has very unique interview process. No matter if you get the offer or not, you will feel positive at the end.

Typical interview starts with a Code pairing round, where you have to write a code preferably using TDD to solve a real life problem. This round takes around 90 minutes.

2nd round is technical round where you will be asked to design some application. 3rd round is Managerial round and then HR.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone Chat with Recruiter, Offline FizzBuzz coding test.

Have to chase the feedback for more than a week and then was told I am not successful because I have over-engineered the test. That's it, no explanation. Felt like I have wasted my time, but also can't help thinking that dodged a bullet there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune).

Interview

Equal Experts visited our campus. The entire process took just 1 day. The company has a very unique flat structure when it comes to management. They call themselves experts and they true to that. The people are extremely extremely friendly and helpful. If at any point you get stuck they will help you out. The HR is kind enough and sweet to give you your interview feedback. The rounds are Resume Screening, 2 Technical F2F Interviews and 1 one pair programming one. They might conduct additional rounds if they think you have the capacity and were not up to the mark in an interview. Overall it was a very good experience. In most of the Interviews they started with your BE project only. Prepare Java, Databases especially Mysql, UML Diagrams and OOPs concepts. In pair programming found they expect you to use either Java or C++ but not C.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.