Equal Experts Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 6 May 2019

3.3

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process is well organized and the candidate is drilled on his basic IQ abilities as well as his technical abilities in order to confirm his fit with the organization.

Generally IQ test followed by screening and detail interview rounds are conducted for fresh college graduates.

A questions may also be asked to judge cultural fitment with organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about different data structures choices you made while implementing the solution in your project?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Equal Experts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in February 2015.

Interview

First round is telephonic round, next they take Coding interview (aka Pairing round or pair programming round)at their office and then technical and then Directory round if all of the previous ones are cleared. Equal experts focused on pair programming, thinking about now and not future but code should be extendable for future, GRASP, KISS, SOLID,DRY, Open Closed priniciple concept and Junit testing during pairing round.In the technical interview they focused on my current project and data modelling and coding approach on the problem they gave me to solve.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a parking system where you need to allot a space when a car enters and free it up when it leaves. When car leaves no interaction is required between car and parking alloter/guard.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)) in May 2016.

Interview

Phases:
    -CV screening
    -Phone conversation with HR
    -Easy technical problem to do at home (modified FizzBuzz that should be done using TDD).
    -On-site pair-programming session for an easy problem (90m)
    -On-site system design problem (this one was challenging, involved distributed systems concepts) and general conversation on the company's culture (90m)

Failed due to general lack of experience (applied with <1 professional experience) and subpar performance in the pair-programming session (due to bad TDD).

Everyone involved was great, and the process had nearly zero BS. It is worth attending just to get to know their culture.

Cons: having to support travelling expenses and not realizing TDD was so crucial during pair-programming. Shared responsibility in the last point, since from previous conversations it was clear the company highly valued it, but I guess that could've been stressed before starting the exercise (I was expecting something more algorithmical and that's not the right mindset for this).

Interview Questions

• Modified FizzBuzz   Answer Question
    • How would you structure a system for high availability? What if I want to make tradeoffs between consistency and availability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in September 2015.

Interview

Step 1 :- Code Pairing Round .. simple problem just need to take care of edge cases and scalability . Key to crack : Be Simple and write some unit test cases.

Step 2 :- Technical interview :- Its kind of hollow interview they are more worried about specific terms like "S.O.L.I.D principles", rather then approaches / problem solving. Some question around my project .. I am sure they hardly understand any part of my project and then asked me to design shopping cart. Some question on design/scalability this discussion I really liked .
    key to crack : Mug all design principle/ design patterns by name (definitions only)

Step 3 :- Discussion with the Country head some question about project and general technical stuff easy to crack.

Now come to pathetic part ... after each round you will get a long feedback from HR it is totally useless he is trying all left right center to brag about the company.

So now time to offer they offered really low salary that I was drawing at that time with false promise of onsite and profit sharing after spending 2 years....

I don't know why any one will join them on lower or same salary ..... as far as I know 30% hike is market minimum.. I declined offer.

Interview Questions

• they asked me to design shopping cart... and identifying classes involved   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 4 rounds..1st round was aptitude test 2nd round was basic technical round 3rd was technical round in which they check depth of your knowledge and 4th round was HR round

Interview Questions

• design a quiz management system in which they asked for data structures as well as databases which can be used   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Equal Experts (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone Chat with Recruiter, Offline FizzBuzz coding test.

Have to chase the feedback for more than a week and then was told I am not successful because I have over-engineered the test. That's it, no explanation. Felt like I have wasted my time, but also can't help thinking that dodged a bullet there.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Equal Experts.

Interview

The interview process was a very prolonged one! finally if you have some energy left and things go well you are hired. Not sure if they really go by what experience you have or just fill up numbers.

Interview Questions

• Skillset, technologies you worked on, hands-on practices   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in July 2016.

Interview

Unlike other IT companies in Pune, Equal expert has very unique interview process. No matter if you get the offer or not, you will feel positive at the end.

Typical interview starts with a Code pairing round, where you have to write a code preferably using TDD to solve a real life problem. This round takes around 90 minutes.

2nd round is technical round where you will be asked to design some application. 3rd round is Managerial round and then HR.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Lisbon (Portugal)) in July 2016.

Interview

The process was great, they sent me a fizzbuzz test and then I went to a pair programming session.
    Unfortunately they said my TDD was not ok and I over complicated, would have much more to show but we can't always win.
    Will try again in the future :)
    All of them were very nice and polite.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Equal Experts (Pune) in February 2019.

Interview

3 rounds:
    1. Very enjoyable code pairing round with appropriate time allocated to solve a design problem. Appropriate and rewarding application of TDD approach.
    2. General technical discussion along with design discussions.
    3. Final discussion to discuss culture, aspirations, thought process, and fitment.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.