Estes Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Estes Express Interview Questions

Interviews at Estes Express

2.0

Office Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Estes Express in April 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application and did an interview a few days later. I took a couple weeks until I heard back and I was sent in the next day for a physical and drug screen.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elkton, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Estes Express (Elkton, MD (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

The initial phone interview was great, and so were the two in person interviews afterwards. My first in person interview I was shown around the plant, introduced to employees, and even discussed the benefits as well. A week or so later I call in to find out they moved on to another candidate. It made me wonder what was the point of taking me around the plant and introducing me to current employees and then hire someone else. I wasn’t given and explanation just the company man answer “we decided to me forward with another candidate” I felt the process was very unprofessional and should be held in a traditional fashion instead of making you feel like a shoo-in from the start. The whole process was handled poorly be prepared to be faked out in elkton md.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Estes Express (Billerica, MA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a relaxed environment and set out basic guidelines and expectations. A strong back and forth dialogue was created and a solid u understanding of both sides was created.

Interview Questions

• Where i expect to be in 3 years from my start date.   1 Answer

P&D Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Estes Express (Morrisville, NC (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

My first interview was with a recruiter over the phone then she forward my info to the hiring terminal manager, then I had two interviews with him and it went gr8!

Interview Questions

• What is your current position?   1 Answer

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Estes Express (Memphis, TN (US)).

Interview

The interview is fairly straight forward. We talked about my experience and tools I had. We did not stay on topic very long, it soon became about the managers projects at home and his sons baseball team. I didn't care about either of these but faked interest and got the job.

Interview Questions

• It was a really casual interview and don't remember what questions were asked that actually related to the job.   Answer Question

Lift Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Estes Express (Athens, GA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Very pleasant but odd. I found it strange when I was told during the interview they did not usually hire people my age. I was ask the usual questions about my background . What I had been doing most recently and how much previous experience I had . The interview was fairly pleasant and all the people I met were very friendly in the front office also.

Interview Questions

• How old I was.   1 Answer
    • What kind of previous experience I had.   1 Answer
    • When would I be available for work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be very careful to document everything and perhaps record the entire process.

Line Haul Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Estes Express (Dayton, OH (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

Met with both the Terminal and Regional Managers. They were very friendly and asked many questions. They were very informative on what Estes could also do for my future. I was able to ask many question regarding the company's stability, locations and possible advancement. I felt very confident in Estes Express and their people... that's why I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• How long have I been driving tractor/trailers?   1 Answer

Hub Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Del Rio, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Estes Express (Del Rio, TX (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Hiring process took around 30 minutes the Terminal Manager From Corpus Christi interviewed me as the San Antonio Manager was unavailable, Filled out application and was hired same day.

Part Time Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pineville, LA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Estes Express (Pineville, LA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of seeking what kind of person you were including job skills, prior relevant work knowledge and communication skills. You're typical background check and drug test was administered immediately after the interview process.

Interview Questions

• If you see your one of you co-workers not following safety procedures, how do you handle this situation?   Answer Question

General Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Estes Express (Memphis, TN (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was a very positive experience. They asked my experience and what I wanted from the company seemed very willing to work with me on my hours and what I wanted to cross train in All in all a very positive experience and everyone was very nice