Estes Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Estes Express Interview Questions

Interviews at Estes Express

2.0

Terminal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Estes Express (Baltimore, MD (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Met with Office Supervisor. Initially a nice interview. Sounded promising at first. Then met with Terminal Manager. Seemed genuine and sincere. Although I held off on asking him questions about how lateral transfers worked. Because my initial job interview I informed the office supervisor I was over-qualified for this position.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about customer service and duties I performed in another top-of the line freight company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Verify everything you discussed with the office supervisor with the Terminal Manager. If I would have taken that simple step, I would have turned down the job as I was over qualified for Appt Clerk. I found out after the current OSD Clerk was promoted to dock Supervisor, that protocol called for more interviews and you could not just change sheets for a non-management job in the same department. First company I ever worked for where you had to inverview for transferring from a non-management job to a non-management job in the same department. Estes decided to hire from the outside and as of the date of this review, that person has also left the company.

Terminal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Bergen, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Estes Express (North Bergen, NJ (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed.com After filling out the application I got a call to do a Phone screening a week later. She then instructed me to email her some of my former employer references. The next day she called told me to come in for the Interview. I Interview with the Center Manager. He was really nice and honest. He told me he liked me and offered me the job. I'm just waiting for the background process and hopefully everything works out.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from all the other candidates?   1 Answer

Terminal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Ridgeville, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Estes Express (North Ridgeville, OH (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied on line and then had a phone screen. After that they called me to schedule an interview with the Terminal Manager. He was very accommodating in scheduling the interview. He was well prepared and had clearly reviewed my resume prior to the interview. He explained the job in detail and we chatted about how my experiences could translate into this environment. Very pleasant and very professional.

Interview Questions

• Now that you know what would be involved, do you think you would be able to handle the necessary tasks?   Answer Question

Interview

ok

Interview Questions

Not a good company to far behind everyone eles

Terminal Clerk II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Estes Express (Savannah, GA (US)).

Interview

Completed the application on site. Terminal manager reviewed my application while I was there and asked if he could go ahead and interview me. I was hired on the spot pending the background check and drug tests were clear. Interview was geat! The manager was very up front about the fast pace of the job.

Interview Questions

• Questions were simple and nothing unexpected.   1 Answer

Dock Worker/Hostler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Estes Express (Tucson, AZ (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

When I applied, it was fair but very slow. It took 1 month to get hired. I don't know how long it should take, but I have been hired in one percent of the time this company takes

Dockworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Estes Express (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

You applied first online. Once this was done you needed to wait for a phone call. This is where your first interview was. If you passed this then you had a second 1 on 1 interview with the supervisor. All in all it was about a 2 week wait period.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Estes?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Estes Express in December 2009.

Interview

Called in for an interview a week or so after submitting my application, went for an interview. It was very nerve racking since I was not prepared. Asked about my work history, My greatest strength and weakness. Lasted about 40 minutes. Offered a job a week later, had a drug test that same day the offer came through.