Estes Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Estes Express Interview Questions

Interviews at Estes Express

2.0

Dock Worker Interview

Interview

they hire anyone cause your not going to last

Terminal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Estes Express (Baltimore, MD (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Met with Office Supervisor. Initially a nice interview. Sounded promising at first. Then met with Terminal Manager. Seemed genuine and sincere. Although I held off on asking him questions about how lateral transfers worked. Because my initial job interview I informed the office supervisor I was over-qualified for this position.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about customer service and duties I performed in another top-of the line freight company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Verify everything you discussed with the office supervisor with the Terminal Manager. If I would have taken that simple step, I would have turned down the job as I was over qualified for Appt Clerk. I found out after the current OSD Clerk was promoted to dock Supervisor, that protocol called for more interviews and you could not just change sheets for a non-management job in the same department. First company I ever worked for where you had to inverview for transferring from a non-management job to a non-management job in the same department. Estes decided to hire from the outside and as of the date of this review, that person has also left the company.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Estes Express (Reno, NV (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

Professional and dignified - My interview was the friendliest, most comfortable of any in my experience. ANY job in this Transportation Company qualifies their candidates through all the processes: experience, background, criminal, and drug testing.

Interview Questions

• Related to exact experience in transportation (trucking) logistics, related experience, and specific soft ware experience.   Answer Question

Office Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Estes Express in April 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application and did an interview a few days later. I took a couple weeks until I heard back and I was sent in the next day for a physical and drug screen.

Line Haul Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Estes Express (Dayton, OH (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

Met with both the Terminal and Regional Managers. They were very friendly and asked many questions. They were very informative on what Estes could also do for my future. I was able to ask many question regarding the company's stability, locations and possible advancement. I felt very confident in Estes Express and their people... that's why I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• How long have I been driving tractor/trailers?   1 Answer

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fenton, MO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Estes Express (Fenton, MO (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

Very straight forward standard questions. They seemed to be in dire need of workers so they rushed my hiring process along. Seemed hired from the first 10 minutes of sitting there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? What experience do you have in the LTL business?   2 Answers

Hub Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Del Rio, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Estes Express (Del Rio, TX (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Hiring process took around 30 minutes the Terminal Manager From Corpus Christi interviewed me as the San Antonio Manager was unavailable, Filled out application and was hired same day.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Estes Express (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2008.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by face to face interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, the made offer and it was final.

Customer Service Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Estes Express in December 2009.

Interview

Called in for an interview a week or so after submitting my application, went for an interview. It was very nerve racking since I was not prepared. Asked about my work history, My greatest strength and weakness. Lasted about 40 minutes. Offered a job a week later, had a drug test that same day the offer came through.