European Space Agency Interview Questions in Darmstadt | Glassdoor.co.in

European Space Agency Interview Questions in Darmstadt

Interviews at European Space Agency

3.1

Young Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Darmstadt (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at European Space Agency (Darmstadt (Germany)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview consistes of 2 parts. First, there was a group excercise together with the other candidates (1 for the same position, others for parallel traineeships). Second was an interview with the manager.

Flight Dynamics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darmstadt (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at European Space Agency (Darmstadt (Germany)) in January 2015.

Interview

Contractor proposed candidates to ESA. To be proposed by the contractor you had to pass an online exam and then a phone screening interview. The contractor gave pre-interview training which lasted 4 days, although you were expected to complete a large number of practice questions beforehand. Interview involved being asked technical questions by a panel of flight dynamics engineers. Lasted about 45 minutes -1 hours. Questions were answered at a white board. Also asked about experience with programming languages and various details on CV.

Interview Questions

• You have a spacecraft which you want to hover near a comet. Assume the comet is ejecting material uniformly from its surface. Derive an expression for the force on the spacecraft.   Answer Question

Young Graduate Trainee Interview, ESOC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darmstadt (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at European Space Agency (Darmstadt (Germany)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online late November and was first contacted at the end of January. Phone interview followed mid February with the invitation to the on-site interview being sent about 2 weeks after the phone interview. Interview in Darmstadt scheduled for mid March and the final verdict was sent mid May (but, as I understood, the successful candidate received the offer much earlier). 2 Persons were invited for each opening.Travel expenses were covered and a generous daily allowance for board, lodging and food was provided.

The on-site interview was a very pleasant experience. Everybody was extremely nice and they tried to make the process as stress-free as possible. Group exercise took place in the morning, followed by a guided tour through the premises and lunch at the company cantina that was actually pretty good.

Technical interviews followed in the afternoon. This was the weird part. The 1 hour interview took place with the head of department and an engineer and, while equally nice and hassle-free, was weird. First of all, the question were only partly related to the requirements of the position and some were quite obscure. Secondly, the interviewers were under some sort of possibly artificial time pressure, constantly checking their watches and the engineer asking the manager 'is there time for one more question?'. This was weird because at the beginning of the interview they took the time to explain, in some detail, what the department was actually doing. I did not have the feeling that the interview was prepared in detail by the staff or that it was geared towards actually determining how competent the applicants are or how well they would fit/perform during the time there.

Interview Questions

• The questions seemed off, as in not exactly relevant to the actual activities that were required of the candidate. For example asking about a very technical aspect about a technology that, as they mentioned during the interview, will not be used much during day to day activities while little or no questions were asked about the technologies that would actually be used extensively.   Answer Question

ESOC YGT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darmstadt (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at European Space Agency (Darmstadt (Germany)) in April 2015.

Interview

The positions for the YGT are published in November of each year. If selected a telephone interview follows around February/march. This interview mainly focuses on the technical aspect of the position. The final round is at the job location, and includes group exercises and an second interview with the future supervisor.

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at European Space Agency (Darmstadt (Germany)) in March 2014.

Interview

Zwei Monate nach meiner Onlinebewerbung hatte ich ein erstes Gespräch über Webcam mit zwei Angestellten. Es war sehr technisch und detailliert. 2 Monate nach dem Telefongespräch fand ein richtiger Gesprächstag an dem entsprechenden ESA-Center statt. Es war ein voller Tag mit einem technischen Gespräch mit 3 Angestellten der Gruppe mit der freien Stelle und eine kleine Gruppenaufgabe mit der Personalabteilung.

Interview Questions

• Es war für eine Stelle zur Missionsanalyse und die Fragen waren sehr speziell zum Gebiet der Entwicklung von Raumfahrtflugbahnen.   Answer Question

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at European Space Agency (Darmstadt (Germany)) in March 2011.

Interview

Nachdem ich mich online beworben hatte, wurde ich zum Bewerbungsgespräch zum Europäischen Raumflugkontrollzentrum eingeladen. Das Interview bestand aus einer Assessment-Übung (Gruppenaufgabe) und einem technischen Interview. Bei der Gruppenaufgabe handelte es sich um eine Simulation. Die Gruppe hatte einen Flugzeugabsturz überlebt und musste darüber diskutieren und letztendlich entscheiden, welche begrenzte Anzahl von Gegenständen sie aus dem Flugzeug mitnehmen wollte. Die Interviewer hörten der Diskussion zu, aber mischten sich nicht ein. Der technische Teil des Interviews fand in einer freundlichen Atmosphäre statt und war zu diesem Gebiet hauptsächlich allgemein gehalten mit den üblichen Fragen zu vergangenen Projekten und Erfahrungen. Die Reisekosten wurden erstattet.

Interview Questions

• Was war für Sie das interessanteste Projekt/Erfahrung in dieser Position?   1 Answer

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Darmstadt (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at European Space Agency (Darmstadt (Germany)) in March 2008.

Interview

1) Gruppentest anhand eines allgemeinen Analyseproblems, das von einem Team, basierend auf richtiger Kommunikation/Koordination, zu lösen ist und Bereitstellung des korrekten Beweises durch die Teammitglieder.
    2) Technisches, mündliches Interview

Interview Questions

• Entwerfen und beschreiben Sie die architektonischen Entscheidungen eines neuronalen Netzwerks, mit dessen Hilfe ein Roboter spezifische Muster erkennen kann.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Verhandlungen sind bei dieser Agentur nicht möglich. Die Vergütung ist festgelegt; sie ist allgemein bekannt und wird jedes Jahr durch die Mitgliedsstaaten festgelegt.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.