Exelis Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Exelis

2.5

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Exelis (Rochester, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Took 3 months to hear back once I had submitted my resume and cover letter. Was contacted via e-mail with some questions about my experience and whether or not I was still interested in the position. Was called a day after my e-mail response for a short, 30 minute phone pre-screen. An in-person interview was scheduled for a few days later. Interviewed with two senior personnel, questions were more about my experiences and a few light behavioral-type questions. This portion of the interview lasted an hour, and included a brief tour of the facilities. The second portion of the interview was with HR, and consisted of some more experience questions and a couple behavioral questions. The whole interview process made it seem like they were interested in hiring me from the first time they contacted me.

Optical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelis (Rochester, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was straightforward. They went over my knowledge base and experience, then talked a little bit. Only one round of interviews, and they got back to me withing a week.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have designing optical systems?
      What work did you do for ___(resume listing)___?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Exelis.

Interview

The interview process consisted with an initial phone screening the scheduled an in person meeting. Received a phone call one hour prior to the scheduled interview time stating that we need to reschedule due to time conflict - should have known this was an indicator of the culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They lowball the offer and there was a little back and forth to get a decent salary.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Exelis.

Interview

Interview was with six members of the engineering staff. There were no technical detail type questions. They mainly talked to me about my resume and experience in university and my experience with group projects.They were very nice and easy to talk to.

Q:
    How have you dealt with uncooperative group members in the past?
    What is you greatest accomplishment?
    Most/least favorite college class?
    Tell us about your senior design project and how it worked.

Interview Questions

• What was an example of a situation you were thrown into the middle of that you had not experienced before and that you had to adapt to quickly?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was decent so I accepted.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Exelis (Rochester, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was standard....met with team members, supervisors and HR. It took about an hour and the questions varied between professional experience and hypothetical HR type questions, Overall the experience was very pleasant and I felt comfortable right away.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience and how it could help the company   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Exelis.

Interview

There was an initial phone call informing me of their interest in bringing me in to be interviewed for the position and asked if I was generally interested. The in-person interview was very casual, although I feel that was because the person that interviewed me, stuck an instant connection, and liking to me, which took a lot of the pressure off of the interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

When I was interviewed it was part of a career day. 20 to 30 recent graduates were interviewed however only a handful of positions could be filled. I had 3 sit down interviews that day.

Negotiation

My number was exceeded but if I knew then what I know now I would have asked from more.

Junior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Exelis (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Gotta say this was probably the worst interview experience of my life. HR was nice and all but the interview was a mess. I was told the "full time permanent" position I was applying for likely wouldn't exist in six months. I wasn't asked about myself at all, I was only asked about my résumé. On top of all that, the guy who interviewed me seemed burnt out and disinterested both in the interview and his own job. It was actually a bit funny because he mistook my growing revulsion for nervousness. Overall it seemed like a very toxic environment to be stepping into, so I cut the interview short after 20 minutes and left.

Supply Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Exelis (Augusta, GA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview was about 15 minutes. Dialogue was much like a conversation more than an interview. Covered a lot of ground with this approach. My questions were answered very thoroughly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Exelis in November 2014.

Interview

The technical recruiter contacted me within a few days after I applied through LinkedIn, which almost never happens with a company like Exelis (Raytheon, Boeing take weeks to respond). She was very friendly and up-front about the jobs requirements and the security clearance process associated with a job offer.

First interviewer was a senior employee in the department to which I was applying, which went very well. Basic technical questions and overview of resume and qualifications.

Second interview was a conference call with the first interviewer and two other members of the department I was applying into. These were more specific technical questions, applying directly to the work I'd be doing if I were to work in the position. Also went very well.

Third was an interview with the company's security officer, who asked basic questions pertaining to your personal and professional life (essentially determining whether or not I would be able to attain the required security clearance for the position). Unless you're Pablo Escobar or have murdered someone, you should be fine in this section.

Interview Questions

• During the conference call, the gentlemen asked me a question about a project I did during my junior year (it was on my resume). Kind of hit me off guard and my response didn't really answer the question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After a bit of research, their offer was on par with every other company in the industry, and the benefits package is incredibly generous.