ExxonMobil Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

ExxonMobil Process Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at ExxonMobil

3.1

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

There were a total of four interviews. One was on our college campus where they were recruiting, the other three were on-site. They flew me out to their facility, and treated me to dinner and lunch over the two days of the interview process. Very enjoyable experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a problem you faced during one of your internships, and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Submitted application online and a call back was received in a week. Flew me down for the interview and put me up in a hotel. Toured the campus. Met with the team and individual managers.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

I applied online through the Recent College Grads job posting. I received a text from a recruiter asking for a phone interview which occurred the following week. Phone interview basically just was told about the position and asked if I had any questions/ when I could fly down for an interview. Flew down the following week and had dinner with a recent hire the night before the interview. Interview day consisted of a leadership interview, technical interview, and general questions from one of the managers. The day also included presentations from HR regarding benefits, a plant tour, a meet and greet with other engineers, and a general overview of the company. Was contacted the following week with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond what you were asked to do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I initially applied through my University's career fair. They had on campus interviews for the following 2-3 days. About 1 month after these interviews, I was asked to fly out to Houston for another round of interviews, which consisted of 3 separate one on one interviews. I received word of my offer about 2 weeks after my trip to Houston.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you managed or were in charge of a large group of people.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

It was on university campus and very formal. It was a behavioral and one on one interview. The questions were not familiar to me and I had to find answers for them at the interview moment.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Lafayette, IN (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I attended a career fair held at my university and spoke to a representative of the company. They invited me for an interview then and there. Interview took about 45 minutes and it went very well. All questions were STAR-type questions. Got invited on-site to Houston for the final stage of the interview process

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you lacked a resource during a project. How did you go about solving the problem?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter through university. It was a short 30-minute interview. It was a standard behavioral interview. No technical questions were asked. I applied with my resume and cover letter and was contacted a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite class?
      Give an example of a time you solved a problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2017.

Interview

I originally applied online through a job website at my university, and I was invited two weeks later to interview with them on campus. In total, they took about 8 weeks from beginning to end because they still had rounds to do at other universities.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Houston, TX (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

It's a one-hour phone interview. It includes two parts: 1. they first did job position introduction as well as their background introduction; 2. They went through my Ph.D. work (based on my resume) and asked me to explain some experiences that I listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Some behavior questions such as: How do you feel about mentoring undergraduate and graduate students?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

They came to our university for a career fair. I talked to them and was asked to apply online. I did and then got an on campus interview. The interview was 1 to 1 and the interviewer is a graduate from my university. The questions are all behavioral questions. I did not get an on-site interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength?
      What is your weakness?
      Do you want to work alone or in a team?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.