F5 Networks Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Marketing

F5 Networks Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at F5 Networks

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

A couple calls then fly out to the office for a full day of back to back interviews. Met with key people in several different organizations to get a feel for each other.

Interview Questions

• Where does the IP network start in the wireless carrier network?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for F5 Networks

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

Sent resume to human resources and company execs. Had telephone screening interviews with the hiring manager and corporate recruiter, followed by in-person interviews with small groups of product managers. Questions were straight forward, such as why do you want to work here, why do you want to leave your current job, etc. Several questions testing technical understanding of IP networking and security protocols plus white boarding of network diagrams. One asked some some basic behavioral questions to evaluate how you might respond in certain situations. Got the impression some interviewers were looking for a certain type of "fit" in terms of technical skills and also culture and experiences that matched their own. Dress code very informal. People were friendly, and the process seemed well organized. Overall positive impression of the company and products.

Interview Questions

• Explain how packets are routed from end-user to server, including IP address structure and subnetting, TCP vs. UDP, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

I had a positive impression of this company PRIOR to applying for 2 jobs there. Now, my impression is not positive. 2 reasons:
    1) Recruiter said he'd put me in touch with hiring mgr but then didn't and then did not return my phone calls after -- very unprofessional to say you'll do one thing and then not do it,
    and
    2) I apply online for another similar job there a few weeks later. Based on the skills listed in job description, I apply for job. First part of online application is posting your resume, describing why left previous position, stating your strengths and weaknesses, say why qualified for job -- i.e. normal stuff but time consuming to write out.
    THEN when you've answered those 10 or so questions and I think I'm done with application process which I've put an hour into, go to next page on job application site and there are MORE questions. Asking about my experience with skills that are not listed on the job description and not directly related to the position. Skills I don't have.
    In other words, I've just wasted an hour of my time applying for a job I am NOT qualified for because F5 apparently thought of these additional skills after they wrote the original job description and instead of revising the job description, they tack these extra questions on at the end.

Between 1) the recruiter who says he'll call back and put me in touch with hiring manager and doesn't, or even return calls, and
    2) this really lame and inconsiderate online job application process,

F5 does not seem to show basic courtesy to candidates. Which to me, even in this economy, says a lot.

Interview Questions

• Questions at end of online application asking about my experience with skills not listed in job description and not directly related to job as described.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.