F5 Networks Technical Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

F5 Networks Technical Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at F5 Networks

Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at F5 Networks (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Direct onsite interview in San Jose

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions on TCP, like on TCP Windowing.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for F5 Networks

Technical Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at F5 Networks.

Interview

campus interview, phone calls with HR and hiring manager, onsite interview with engineers and manager

Intern - Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at F5 Networks (Seattle, WA (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

I directly contacted a recruiter via email. I had made contact with the recruiter previously based on a tip from a friend who had interviewed with them, so this may have helped my chances of getting a response considerably. I expressed my interest in an intern / entry-level job and gave them my resume. They got back to me on the same day, and we scheduled an interview two days from then.

They emailed a schedule of the interview, including times and people I'd be interviewing with. My interview loop had a short written coding test, two one-on-one interviews with non-senior software developers, and a two-on-one interview with team managers.

The coding test contained three problems: two very simple, and one somewhat tricky. I didn't actually solve the tricky one, but did explain how I would go about solving it. Not being able to solve it did not harm me too much. It seemed to be more about demonstrating some basic knowledge.

Both of the one-on-one interviewers asked some questions about things on my resume. Fairly general questions, but I did need to recall details of past work to answer them. Both interviews also contained a white-boarding question. The questions were not extremely difficult, yet I still didn't solve the question asked by the first interviewer. I did solve the second question, however. What seemed to be important to them is showing how you work through the problem, how you verify correctness (at least informally), and how you communicate with them about the problem and solution. It's helpful to ask for clarification. In retrospect, I could have easily solved the first white-boarding question if I had asked the right question, assuming they also gave me the answer that would have decreased the apparent difficulty of the problem.

The two-on-one interview was an off-site talk over coffee. They asked some questions about algorithms. One prompt was to just talk about a certain basic algorithm. Another question was the sort of exercise you might find in an introduction to algorithms text. They were looking for a basic approach to solving the problem. It was a dialogue, too, as they were willing to give hints. There was general chatting about the interviews so far, prior experience, why I was interested in the job, the work they do there, etc.

In each interview, it paid to be prepared to ask questions. It was also important to show interest in working there. I felt that each interview was as much a technical test as it was a personality test.

The total interview process took about three and a half hours.

Interview Questions

• I can't give an exact answer, but do review basic algorithms and data structures, and know the basics of the string and I/O libraries of your chosen language, just so that you are able to code without documentation.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.