FRHI Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 12 Jan 2019

3.1

Sort:

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FRHI Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

The interview consists of two thirty minute interviews. The first interview is done by the Human Resources representative. The second interview is done by the General Manager of one the properties. There was an information session following the interviews where candidates were expected to attend. This session included a video and testimony of a previous LDP.

Interview Questions

• List your location preferences (3 to 5).   2 Answers
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • How do you work in a fast-paced environment? How do you meet deadlines?   Answer Question
    • In a team environment do you consider yourself a leader, player or follower? Why?   Answer Question
    • Is it important to get to know your coworkers? How well?
      Do you think coworkers are like family? Why?
      In the first couple of weeks (30-60 days) of this position how would you gain respect from your coworkers?
      How flexible are you with working overtime?
      What do you know about this organization?
      Why would you like to work for this organization? OR Why are you interested in this organization?
      What is your 5 year plan?
      Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FRHI Hotels & Resorts (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

I talked with the HR Director. She was very nice to me. It basically consisted of standard behavioral questions. I think they put a lot of attention on the leadership skills since it's going to be a 14-month training program in which one will be directed by a senior manager.

Interview Questions

• What is the best team have you ever worked as a part? what was the result of your work?   1 Answer
    • What kind of working environment do you prefer?   1 Answer

Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FRHI Hotels & Resorts (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was not too difficult. I applied online and came to the hotel for an interview. They showed all interviewees a tour around the glamourous hotel; tea, coffee and cakes were offered. Then, we each had a one to one interview. The questions were almost competency based. My interviewer was so nice, she created a very relax atmosphere so that I can calm myself, be more open and able to answer the best I could.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about our company?   3 Answers

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FRHI Hotels & Resorts (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume online and was asked to fill out a survey that took me about 45 minutes to complete. After about one week I received a phone interview and was asked a number of questions regarding my past work experience and about my strengths and weaknesses. The experience was positive and the person interviewing me was very nice. However, I never received an in-person interview.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FRHI Hotels & Resorts in February 2011.

Interview

Online Gallup personality test after submitting cover letter and resume.
    Attended presentation by Fairmont representatives, as well as a cocktail after for question and answer.
    Those shortlisted then have 2 interviews (half an hour each) with 18 questions from each interviewer with regards to the LDP to answer. Be prepared to give examples on your leadership skills and managerial experiences. Try to display your managerial potential.

Interview Questions

• What will be the greatest challenge you would face when starting the LDP?   Answer Question
    • What kind of leader are you? What will your ideal manager be like? How well will you get to know your colleagues?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FRHI Hotels & Resorts in October 2009.

Interview

3 telephone interviews followed by another phone skills and personality test

Interview Questions

• do you head for someone you know or wait to be introduced when you arrive at a party   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FRHI Hotels & Resorts (Hyderabad) in March 2017.

Interview

good interview with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process

Interview Questions

• with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring processwith job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring processwith job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FRHI Hotels & Resorts in March 2010.

Interview

First, you send off your application. I highly advise including a cover letter and references.
    ** Be prepared for this job process to take about 1.5- 2 months. It's not McDonalds and you won't be working for them within 2 weeks -- it takes a looooonng time to start working, so be very sure you want to work for them.

Within a few days, you'll get an email giving you a link for a personality test. It's very straighforward and takes a short amount of time. A few weeks after that, you'll get your first call to set up the first interview within the week. During the first interview, they ask the standard questions like:

1) Why do you want to work here?
    2) How did you come by the job ad?
    3) Your last job was [insert last job title] and it's vastly different from the tourism industry. Why work here?
    4) How long do you plan to stay? Why?
    5) Is there anything that could you back from taking this job? (commitments)
    6) (you may get a definition question) What does customer service mean to you?

Then, you get about 3 behavioural questions -- what would you do if this and this happened...etc etc. They finish off the interview with reviewing your references. I highly advise having 3 solid non-personal references because they WILL be called. Guaranteed. At the end of this call, they'll let you know if you passed -- onto the 2nd interview now!

A week or so after this, you get the call for the second interview. It will be with someone different...the questions are more in depth so be prepared and know EXACTLY what you did in your last jobs because you should answer the questions with examples from your life. Don't give generic answers because they'll just prod you for a more in depth answer or question your answer.

1) Why do you want to work here?
    2) How did your schooling/last job prepare you for this job?
    3) Why should we hire you?
    4) What will you be expecting from us?
    5) What type of work environment would make you efficient? What makes a company inefficient?
    6) Do you like working in groups or individually?
    7) What's your communication style?
    8) How have you been creative in your last job? How do you deal with a messy work environment?
    9) How would your last coworkers describe you?
    10) How flexible are you? How would you deal with doing a different job one day as a fill-in?

These questions are phrased somewhat generically but they are very close to what I was asked.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are included in the interview process section   1 Answer

Senior Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FRHI Hotels & Resorts (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2008.

Interview

most all questions were base on EIGRP

Assistant Outlets Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FRHI Hotels & Resorts (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Standard. Submit cover letter and resume.

Got called by HR for preliminary questions.

Got called in for an interview with my potential boss. Pleasant chat, with the standard questions about experience, situational questions, "give an example of" etc.

Same afternoon my references were called.

The next week I got called in for a final interview with the department head. This was shorter than the first, but also fairly standard. Why do I want to work there, what do I bring to the role, where do I see myself in 5 years etc.

A few days later the department head called with a job offer, conditional on my passing a criminal background check. The check was lengthy and done by a third party company. Took over a week.

After that I got the contract by email and sent it back signed, after we agreed on a start date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where....

Tell me how you handled a busy floor?

How would you appease a difficult client who is upset and insisted on complaining to you?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.