FTI Consulting Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 27 Jan 2016

2.9

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2016.

Interview

Just a 30 seconds phone call and a unrelated question was asked. ( not related to JD provided) followed by mail from consultancy that profile is not short listed.. Probably the recruiter in company do not have much time to see profile and positions offered.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Behavioral questions with case study depending on which practice group you are applying to; general questions about your background and experience followed by a group case study. You have to do a group presentation with your teammates who are also interviewing for the same position. The interviewers will then ask a few questions based on the content of the presentation. Some simple calculations may be required.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a second round interview about a week and a half after my first interview. I went into the office for 4, 30 minutes interviews. They were very straight forward and wanted to make sure I understood the job description and was fit for it.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Not too hard. I interviewed with three managing directors all about a half hour to forty-five minutes in length. Asked basic questions like how does your education/experience prepare you for this role? A number of questions revolved around excel and math skills.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Presentation and Interview Questions Had to prepare an interview on a pre-seen topic and then answer general questions about myself, knowledge of the company and the PR industry. Questions ranged from types that were aimed to rattle you including critiques of your presentation and CV and competency based questions.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Interviewed by all "non-staff" employees. They had obviously never been given interview direction. They were awkward people in general. It lasted about 30 minutes total. They didn't ask me any questions relative to the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good employee?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an in office interview with three Senior Managing Directors in the Boston Office and one Skype interview (the interviewer was in a conference call during our scheduled meeting time).

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral. Some easy statistics questions and questions regarding Stata.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, great offer.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2015.

Interview

Most of the people I interviewed with were friendly and engaging. I was contacted via LinkedIn based on skills present on my profile, and met with the person contacting me. First round was just a basic behavioral meeting. Second round was a case interview which on the whole was not too difficult, just sifting through a lot of data and telling a story with the information to interviewers. The third round, after being called back post-case interview, was overall a negative experience. I believed that since I had been through the case interview and had been called back that the rest of the interview process would be goodness of fit. The third round felt like a first round interview; lots of questioning my choice to interview with the company - overall, it felt negative and unprofessional. Furthermore, I had been contacted by them to begin with, so the way I see it, we needed to both decide we would want to work together. Then, on top of all of this, two weeks later, after having officially applied online, I was notified by their email subsystem that I 'would no longer be considered for the position.' Thinking this was strange, I contacted the employee who had made initial contact with me, and they told me that they had not made a decision and that this email was a mistake. Since contacting that person about the email, I have yet to hear anything from them. Overall, I am surprised at the hiccups along the way in this process. From what I have read on Glassdoor, most have not experienced this type of process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you not want to use either of your degrees in your career?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2015.

Interview

phone interview, will ask you mainly about the past working experience. What challenge you have faced before face-to-face interview. With 2 panels, fairly relaxed as more of a conversation than really tough questions. written test with accounting test

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

First round, phone interview. Spoke with their HR department. She asked very basic questions about my background and work eligibility, many of which I had submitted along with my application. Didn't ask much about my interest in the company, but was very diligent in answering my questions. She said the company would follow-up within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• No trick questions, very straight forward. The interview felt rushed.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.