Facebook Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Facebook Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Facebook

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me over email and set up a phone interview for the following week for a 15-minute call. I guess next round would have been with a hiring manager

Interview Questions

• PLEASE DON'T TAKE THE PHONE SCREENING LIGHTLY! I did and got rejected. I was expecting SQL questions and in general talk about my resume but she asked me a question on product sense and I was completely unprepared for it. Creation of Facebook user groups has gone down by 20%, what will you do? sounds simple but I messed it up so badly. I was just blabbering anything in an unstructured way, I sounded so stupid and not even fit for a small company forget Facebook. The recruiter was nice and she did not say anything but I were to hear my own answer, I would reject myself on spot. I regret it so much wish I could have prepared for it. I hope someone sees this and it helps them.

The SQL questions were easy and I did answer them correctly- what kind of joins to get only common rows, what the natural sorting order etc.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me through email, and we setup a phone interview for the following week.

During the the phone interview, I could barely hear the recruiter talking. I barely heard his explanation of the role and the team. I had to ask him several times to repeat his questions. The interview went very fast (under 13 min). Overall it was a frustrating experience.

Interview Questions

• What are Facebook products you are familiar with?
      You noticed there is 20% decreases in FB product users, what would you do to correct that?
      SQL Questions
      Make sure you learn about A/B testing.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

1: tell me about yourself and why DS?
    2: tell me about your Data Science experience/project, more analytics side?
    3: If 10% decreasing in the post(FB, Instagram), as DS, what would you do?
    1) how would you improve notifications?
    2) how would you get Facebook users to download Instagram?

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Referred by my friend who's a current employee and got a reply from hr in a week to do a phone screen. The phone screening was about my experience in data science and some high-level SQL questions. Got updated to move on to the next round the next day. The second round is about a product case and a following SQL query test.

Interview Questions

• A product question on how to recognize the problem of the business manager system, a 2C system that business users can manage their ads payments. The main issue is that business users find troubles using the navigation bar to find the tools they need. Ask you to find ways to locate the problem. Then it's followed by some SQL questions related to the problem.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

The interviewer is a nice person and will help you with the question by giving you some hints. Questions include both SQL questions and general data science questions regarding the practical problems in Facebook.

Interview Questions

• How to investigate the 10% drop of the friends application?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

HR interview first. She asked some high level sql questions and one product questions. It last 15 min. Then, video interview for product and sql. It last 45 min. Then, on site. product sql statistics,behavior questions. All of them are very nice. HR responses email in one day.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Phone internerview, they asked three question, statistics, sql and programming . The recruiter was very nice and helpful thru out the process, no problems at all, it was lite.

Interview Questions

• Explain A/B testing, explaining WHERE statements and things like that. For programming they asked basic questions such how revert a string and etc..   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Typical phone screen from initial recruiter on background and tech skills.
    Tech screen came from someone w/ a masters in statistics. Call lasted about 1 hour where the interview asked all the questions without much enthusiasm.

Interview Questions

• Explain AB Testing in great detail. Understand different testing methodologies and examples of when to use a t test vs chi squared, etc.
      I was also asked a question about Facebook groups; Have a deep understanding of all the Facebook products would be my recommendation.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

Recruiter contacted me by email. Had an initial phone call, and then had a video conference call where they asked product questions and SQL coding related to product questions. Questions weren't difficult, though it seemed that they had specific answers in mind and it was important that you answer them accordingly.

Interview Questions

• Instagram launching a new feature (link to products). How do you tell it's doing well?   2 Answers

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

hr screen, then tech screen with DS from product team, asked a product question and sql question in user_action table, hr is very responsive and detailed; the interviewer is patient to guide through the process and give feed back;

Interview Questions

• SQL question using count distinct   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.