Facebook Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Facebook Program Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Facebook

3.1

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Initial phone screen with a recruiter and then a panel interview. The questions were not overly difficult. I thought I did well but I never heard from the recruiter. I emailed asking for an update and still didn't hear back. Disappointing over all.

Interview Questions

• -specific subject matter questions based on the role I applied for
    -tell me what others would say about you   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Screening phone call with technical/functional questions and detailed questions about the role's job description and behavioral questions about situations related to the role. Also includes a test (writing skills assessment)

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a problem you faced when going from strategy to implementation   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

My interview experience at Facebook was overwhelmingly positive. The process took about 4 weeks from start to offer.
    1st round: phone screen with recruiter
    2nd round: video screen with hiring manager
    3rd round: 4 back-to-back interviews over video conference with my hiring manager, his manager, my peer, and a cross-functional partner

The interview process went very quickly because I had another offer that I was able to leverage for speed. My recruiter was awesome - she responded promptly to each of my emails and also sent me a 7 page deck to help prep me for my interviews. I have never seen something like this before and greatly appreciated that my interviewers were not trying to trick me but rather wanted to get a good sense for my experience.

A helpful tip that a friend & current FB employee told me - FB really values candidates who embody their values, so I read through the company's values and made sure to weave them in when talking about my experience. I could tell this really resonated with my interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of:
      Agile problem solving: Learning agility, providing solutions to complex problems, decision making, and persistence
      Project management: Ruthless prioritization, communication, and support orientation
      Cross-functional partnership: Cross-functional collaboration, conflict resolution, influencing   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Pretty standard process. Recruiter could have explained expectations better. Most interviewers were on time so no complains there. The company seems to have a certain preference for out-of-state candidates.

Interview Questions

• Failure and what you learned from it   4 Answers

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Quick and straightforward. Was contacted by a recruiter, had a phone screening interview and then a 1:1 with a leadership team member. The phone call with a recruiter was more to inform me about the position and then also to verify that my experience was relevant to the position. In both interviews I was given the opportunity to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize tasks

What is a situation where you have failed   2 Answers

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview process was supposed to have between 3 and 5 stages. I completed the first three stages. Stage 1 - Phone screen with recruiter. Stage 2 - written assignment drafting team communication. Stage 3 - deep dive presentation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to develop a 20 minute deep dive presentation on a particular project. I was asked to give the presentation over Blue Jeans video conferencing app. I was given less then 1 day to prepare the presentation. They then pretended that they had not received the presentation file to see how I would respond.   3 Answers

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter, then I had a video interview with hiring manager, next I came in for an onsite interview. There was a follow up phone interview with hiring manager, then I received and accepted an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were specific to the role, read as much as possible on the specific role.   3 Answers

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

1) Phone interview with a Facebook recruiter
    2) VC with Hiring Manager
    3) Onsite interview with 5 people

The overall process was good up until the onsite interviews. This is where it started to go wrong and why I decided to not accept a position, this isn't a company I want to work for by choice -so why, I think there are three reasons:

1) First, the questions asked in the offsite were not aligned with the prep from the recruiter. Which is ok but I felt they were not aligned nor connected and so I felt a little misguided and not as prepared as I could have been
    Second, I was not sold to the people. I thought Facebook was supposed to have some of the best people - not for some I met. For example, one interviewer asked me about some typical program management related topics and I just got that feeling I knew more than they did. I am not trying to be arrogant and I may be wrong, but I used standard industry-standard terms in which the interviewer had to clarify what they meant and I am not sure they grasped some of the basic topics I was talking about. I didnt meet anyone that Wow'd me.... at all... this surprised me.
    Lastly, I think this is the biggest, the recruiters ghosted me for a period after the interview. There is no excuse for this and is THE single most annoying thing Facebook did. It is rude and for me was the deciding factor not to work for the company.
    I think the biggest thing is communications.

Interview Questions

• If you were to go back and deliver that program again what would you change in order to add more value?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Very fast, but unorganized in my scenario. I flew to Austin texas, and ended up meeting with only 2 people on site and then had 2 remote but onsite interviews

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Mountain View, CA (US)).

Interview

Compared to the other FANG companies and other tech companies, Facebook is by far the snobbiest company I ever interacted with. I should have know because they were snobby at the women at tech conference I attended earlier this year in San Jose as many attendees I know mentioned that they felt that way too. The recruiters are extremely inexperienced and immature and as someone else pointed out online “They think it’s a privilege they even took the time to talk to you.” Google, Apple, Amazon are WAY more pleasant to interact with and needless to say I’m happy FB did not move forward with me as I’m going with another company. They have inexperienced recruiters and managers making hiring decisions no wonder the company is going down the toilet and Zuckerberg and Peter Thiel are selling so many of their shares. Recruiter was late to my phone screen and I was told after my interview that I would hear back in 3 days because I had an “interesting” background. Didn’t hear anything at all. Then when I followed up almost 2 weeks later was told that there was a lot of competition for position so they would keep my in mind for other positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell my why you are looking for a job now? Why Facebook? Many people are applying for this position.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.